Cost to Upgrade Drink Package from YC?

tymike

Hi all,

I'll be sailing on the Meraviglia in October, 2020 in the YC.  I've searched but can't find an answer to this question:

How much does it cost to upgrade to the Premium Plus Beverage package?  The website just gives the cost for a passenger with no included drink package and I searched on CC but maybe the search function is wonky at the moment?

In any case, thanks for any help!  It's the 12 night repo cruise leaving from NYC and ending in Miami.

😀

3 minutes ago, eagletwo said:

Ok, need a little help to understand the need to upgrade the drink package? We are booked on the Meravilgla YC March 8th, 2020. Drinks are included in the YC and the rest of the ship. 

Drinks are included up to a certain price. Some drinks are included this the reason that some of us upgraded.

6 minutes ago, eagletwo said:

Ok, need a little help to understand the need to upgrade the drink package? We are booked on the Meravilgla YC March 8th, 2020. Drinks are included in the YC and the rest of the ship. 

Drinks are included for up to 12 dollars, which is overwhelming majority. But you can get extremely high end stuff like Johnny Walker Blue with upgrade. We are planning to upgrade in our cruise in 19 days 😁😁

11 minutes ago, George C said:

Drinks are included for up to 12 dollars, which is overwhelming majority. But you can get extremely high end stuff like Johnny Walker Blue with upgrade. We are planning to upgrade in our cruise in 19 days 😁😁

Ok, I have gifted Johnny Walker Blue and can see your point. That is top shelf alcohol. And thanks for the $12 price point.

Edited by eagletwo

4 minutes ago, eagletwo said:

Ok, I have gifted Johnny Walker Blue and can see your point. That is top shelf alcohol. And thanks for the $12 price point.

I do not drink it often but just opened a new bottle today to celebrate Veterans Day 😁

26 minutes ago, eagletwo said:

Thanks for responding. What is the certain price point? We have simple tastes. Glass of White Zenfindel and good rum or vodka will do.

$12usd/€10euro.  

Included in YC is all sorts of runs including all the Bacardi, Zacapa, Oakheart, Appleton and so on. Vodkas included in YC include Goose, Belvedere, Ketel One, Beluga, Tito's, etc.  

Some very good wines covered by YC including pretty much all White Zins.  

The only reason to upgrade to PP would be for higher end wines and champagnes or liquors like Johnny Walker Blue or Ocean Organic Vodka, things like that.   

In USD, it's $17 pp per night, and all adults have to do so in same cabin. 15% added on to total if done aboard 

7 hours ago, eagletwo said:

Thanks for responding. What is the certain price point? We have simple tastes. Glass of White Zenfindel and good rum or vodka will do.

You will be well satisfied with the YC package, and have no need to upgrade. After a couple of days, even if you wanted to upgrade you can still do so for the remaining days.

The YC package is quite comprehensive. There are some good threads on here that detail what is included (note: it may vary from ship to ship, and geographic location, for example I believe some changes were made to Meraviglia's offerings when it repositioned from Europe to Miami). The only non-included items include top-shelf liquors, high-end wines and champagne. My wife and I love champagne and decided it was worth the extra $17 pppd. Also of note is that the Premium+ package entitles one to a 30% discount on bottles of wine and champagne. The regular YC offerings are by the glass only (although it's been reported that waiters will sometimes pour guests a glass and leave the bottle on the table).

• Like 1

Sailing Meraviglia in 11 days.  Called and was told prices for upgrading drink package could be lower on board depending on how many people are sailing.  Was also told the same thing about the dining packages.  I only drink Champagne and Cabs.  Does anyone have the wine list?  I want to try to figure out if there are better wines and Champagne available by the glass if I book the premium plus.  Thank you very much to anyone who has advice!