TJ Travels

kcbmarek

59 minutes ago, kcbmarek said:

Has anyone used TJ Travels for their excursions in St. Petersburg and other Baltic ports?  Looking for insight before I book them.  Thanks!

TJ is one of the most frequently recommended companies here.  If you use the "search" function I'm sure you will find many positive reviews on this forum.  We are planning to use them this coming June.

1 hour ago, kcbmarek said:

Has anyone used TJ Travels for their excursions in St. Petersburg and other Baltic ports?  Looking for insight before I book them.  Thanks!

we used them last year and they are one of top recommended companies

most St Petersburg private tour companies do a great job-they have to-with the visa free tour they cant afford to get it wrong or their reputation would suffer

You can read more about them in this thread:

In general, all of the companies you see referred to on this board are very professional and you'll love your visit to St. Petersburg. I've used two of the companies myself (SPB on my first trip and Red Sun Tours on my most recent trip this past summer), and everything was so easy to set up and so amazing once we were there. Have fun!

We used them in SPB a few years ago.  They were excellent in all regards.  I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.  We were a private tour for the 8 of us.  They modified their usual stops to include a few my daughters wanted to see, and found us good restaurants for lunch and dinner.

TJ Travel came highly recommended to us from some cruisers on our last cruise.

We have been in contact with TJ Travel about a more slow paced tour of St. Petersburg.  We were disappointed that they have discontinued their 2 day relaxed tour and are now suggesting their 2 day standard tour.  This tour does not go to St. Catherine's Palace (Amber Room) nor does it do a little metro ride to see the beautiful subway.  They gave us a lengthy reason for not doing St. Catherine"s Palace which boiled down to lack of organization at this site.  They would do the metro if all on the tour agreed to do it but since there is no wheelchair access it might not be possible if there were wheelchair or scooter users on the tour.

1 hour ago, lizzie_m said:

They would do the metro if all on the tour agreed to do it but since there is no wheelchair access it might not be possible if there were wheelchair or scooter users on the tour.

Would it be possible to visit the metro and those with mobility issues (if any) remain on the bus?

Edited by dogs4fun

3 hours ago, dogs4fun said:

Would it be possible to visit the metro and those with mobility issues (if any) remain on the bus?

Sadly no, not with TJ Tour.  This was their response when I inquired about the metro.

Subway visit is not included in this tour as it is suitable for wheelchair users and our metro is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible. Kindly note that Relaxed tour didn't include metro visit neither. However, if all the members of your group are able to stand up/walk short distances and also would like to visit metro, it can be added during the tour. 

On 11/13/2019 at 11:08 AM, dogs4fun said:

I used TJ this spring. Immediately after lunch our guide asked if the group wanted to visit the metro. It had to be a majority or all(I don't recall which).Since only a few wanted, there was no metro visit.

Later in the day the tour van stopped for a second shopping opportunity. A few of us, not wishing to shop, stayed in the van for almost 25 minutes. I don't see why if your group agrees to a metro visit, and some choose not to participate, they cannot stay on the van as we non shoppers did. I would email and ask TJ but remember the group that day must agree to visit the metro. 

Good luck.

🍑

• 2 weeks later...

We used TJ Tours a few years past and were very impressed with the quality of the tours as well as the value. We picked up a package from them that included 5 or 6 ports and all were very organized and had professional english speaking guides. I have recommended them to many friends and they have never disappointed! 

• 2 weeks later...

https://st-petersburg-tours.ru/premium-saint-petersburg-small-group-tour/

On 11/13/2019 at 8:08 AM, dogs4fun said:

I have been chatting with TJ tours this morning.  The premium tour allows for the subway visit and St. Catherine’s Palace. This tour is advertised as intense walking, so definitely not the slower tour.  

We booked this tour for July.  It has changed from the 2019 tours. It appears more comprehensive.  

But I would ask your questions  for sure. 

• 2 years later...

Boy this is an old thread  I don’t even remember the post I made in 2019. 

Anyway, back to topic, TJ travels.  I have not heard back from them in over 2 weeks.  In December, I was having email exchanges with them.  I wonder if the company is on some type of holiday?   I also read there is a holiday ongoing now until January 10.

Anybody have input? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 2:32 PM, milolii said:

https://st-petersburg-tours.ru/premium-saint-petersburg-small-group-tour/

I have been chatting with TJ tours this morning.  The premium tour allows for the subway visit and St. Catherine’s Palace. This tour is advertised as intense walking, so definitely not the slower tour.  

We booked this tour for July.  It has changed from the 2019 tours. It appears more comprehensive.  

But I would ask your questions  for sure. 

Were you able to take the tour, and if so, how intense was it?  Do I need cardio training or just a comfy pair of shoes? 🙂 

On 1/23/2022 at 11:07 PM, milolii said:

@Milaandra this tour was booked for 2020, so we never went.  We have now booked for 2022.  

I would email TJ travel and Tatyana will answer your questions.  

We have booked the 2-day Premium tour through Tatyana at TJ Tours.  Our initial inquires & ultimately making the reservation was very smooth.  Unfortunately, 4 of our companions cancelled the cruise for May leaving us to join another group.  I emailed TJ Tours last night and this morning, Tatyana responded saying that she will work on including us with another group.  I have found Tatyana very responsive and willing to accommodate and I am confident that it will be resolved.