Another cancellation question

Maryscooking

There was another thread recently and the person had made the $25 or such deposit and when they cancelled after a certain date--Celebrity hit them for the full deposit cancellation...

The  OP needs to read the contract rules and get on the phone.

Waiting isn't doing them any favors and being lukewarm about it --might as well cancel 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Yes 89-57 days prior to sailing cancellation $450 pp.

Those were the old terms.  New terms are 25% of total cruise fare.  I believe in part to avoid the confusion with reduced deposits where after final payment the deposit portion was increased to full deposit amounts and people were mad when they found this out on canceling in the first penalty period.  As you can see the schedule is more aggressive than it had been.

image.png.223bc3bcf68415816c47f3d2e35ed351.png

Without putting a finer point on it, it is people like you who procrastinate after final payment date and end up not paying is why Celebrity brought in Non refundable deposits as a way of getting people to commit or pay a penalty

• Like 4

16 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Those were the old terms.  New terms are 25% of total cruise fare.  I believe in part to avoid the confusion with reduced deposits where after final payment the deposit portion was increased to full deposit amounts and people were mad when they found this out on canceling in the first penalty period.  As you can see the schedule is more aggressive than it had been.

image.png.223bc3bcf68415816c47f3d2e35ed351.png

Yes I am aware of the new structure.  I was responding to Sasset who was commenting on what happened to them in the old structure.  Sorry for any confusion.

On 11/14/2019 at 7:46 PM, Beanb41 said:

Without putting a finer point on it, it is people like you who procrastinate after final payment date and end up not paying is why Celebrity brought in Non refundable deposits as a way of getting people to commit or pay a penalty

I agree.

The wishy-washy-- I just don't know when it is inside the final payment cancellation honestly seems odd (like a troll)

Who doesn't follow through? Pay their bill? Or cancel to avoid penalties? 

Odd