Airfare adjustment and EZAir

bluestem711

31 minutes ago, bluestem711 said:

We have booked air on EZAir for a cruise next year.  How do I keep on top of the air pricing in order to refare if the rates go down.  Do I do that directly with a Princess rep, on the Princess website (and if so, where?), or with the airlines?

You do it through the modify air tab in your EZ Air booking. (Personalizer)
Using that tab browse your flights each time to see if the price has changed. It will give you the opportunity to pick the cheaper fare for the same flights again if they have gone down or leave them alone and back out. Just don’t hit cancel booking/flights. This is assuming you have originally  purchased the Flexible air option when first purchased which allows changes up to 45 days prior.

• Like 1

Thank you.  So when I go to that screen I see the price at the top is the same I paid when I booked.  Does this automatically update with current pricing or is there somewhere else on that screen I have to go to.  

Sorry first time using EZAir, so may be dumb question.

11 hours ago, bluestem711 said:

Thank you.  So when I go to that screen I see the price at the top is the same I paid when I booked.  Does this automatically update with current pricing or is there somewhere else on that screen I have to go to.  

Sorry first time using EZAir, so may be dumb question.

No, it does not update.  You have to actually look at all of the flights you previously booked to see the new (or same) price.  They change constantly.  We check at least once a day and have changed probably 6 times since booking.  Twice we had to change because the airline got rid of a flight.  That's the bad part of EZair.  You aren't actually ticketed when booking flexible air.  If you had booked with the airline, and were actually ticketed, the airline would automatically change you to a new flight without charge.  If that happens with EZair, you have to change your flight with Princess and that may cost you more.  Or you can argue with a supervisor and get lucky and they may change you.  But our new flight times stunk. 

Also, if you find that your flights have gone down in price, you have to rebook them.  You won't get the cheaper price if you don't.

Edited by palolake

I have several cruises booked and EZair on all.  I find the easiest way to check prices (and yes, you have to do it and I do it on almost a daily basis as sometimes a drop in price is only available for about 24 hrs. before going back up!), is to go into plan a cruise and find your particular cruise and then save it (click on the heart symbol).  Then you look at top right of Princess site and says "Saved".  I then just click on each saved cruise and check prices of airfare that way.  If I see my flight has gone down, I make sure there are enough spaces left to book at that price and then immediately go into my cruise and cancel existing flight and IMMEDIATELY rebook at the better price.  Very easy to do and no problem.

Pooh

13 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

I make sure there are enough spaces left to book at that price and then immediately go into my cruise and cancel existing flight and IMMEDIATELY rebook at the better price.  Very easy to do and no problem.

Pooh

Just curious as I'm using EZair for the first time. Why wouldn't you just use the modify flights option?   

Thanks all for your help.  I actually called Princess to help me do this because the agent that booked the original did so with the wrong date and I DID NOT CATCH IT!!  So not me, type A person.  Anyway I did find where the suggested new flights/pricing was and OMG saved $800 pp on our business class flights.  Pooh, your suggestion was spot on because I was afraid to do anything that would screw up the flights.  So thank you.  And I will keep watching those fares.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

I have several cruises booked and EZair on all.  I find the easiest way to check prices (and yes, you have to do it and I do it on almost a daily basis as sometimes a drop in price is only available for about 24 hrs. before going back up!), is to go into plan a cruise and find your particular cruise and then save it (click on the heart symbol).  Then you look at top right of Princess site and says "Saved".  I then just click on each saved cruise and check prices of airfare that way.  If I see my flight has gone down, I make sure there are enough spaces left to book at that price and then immediately go into my cruise and cancel existing flight and IMMEDIATELY rebook at the better price.  Very easy to do and no problem.

Pooh

I am confused. 
If you use the modify flights tab in your current EZ Air booking and find a cheaper price it books the new one and cancels the old one automatically. 🤔

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I am confused. 
If you use the modify flights tab in your current EZ Air booking and find a cheaper price it books the new one and cancels the old one automatically. 🤔

No, it does not change it automatically.

• Click "Add or Modify Flights".
  • It shows you your current flights with your current price. Click "Change Flights".
  • Select your desired flight dates and airports. Click "Search".
  • Select your departure and return flights. You can select the same flights you already have (if still available) or another flight with better connection times.
  • "Review Your Selected Flights" shows your new selected flights. "Flexible Fare - Summary" shows the "Old Total" price and the "New Total" p[rice. You still haven't changed anything.
  • If you want to take the new flight, then select "Book Now". Your old flight will be cancelled and your new flight will be booked. Even if it is exactly the same flights, it will be a new reservation number with the airline, and any information you gave the airline for the previous reservation number will be lost.
  • If you want to keep the old flights, then do not select "Book Now". Instead select "Return to manage flights". Nothing has changed. You still have your old reservation.

BTW, when I was checking on my flights in July and August 2020, the price had gone up. Even though Princess is offering a $200 flight sale, the new round trip price with the sale was about $125 more than my old booking (total for two people). So I clicked "Return to manage flights" and didn't change anything.

I did find some other flights that would have saved about $60 (total for two people), but the flights were not as convenient - so I decided it was worth the $60 to keep my original flights. I clicked "Return to manage flights" again, and again nothing changed.

3 hours ago, bluestem711 said:

I think that’s why Pooh said to do your search through the saved cruise feature. I had the same hesitation to do it while in my reservation. 

That’s not the way it was meant to work. 
If you do a dummy booking first to see prices it is possibly to get inaccurate information.

It is best to do it through the reservation. It is vert easy and efficient.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jnsplace1 said:

Just curious as I'm using EZair for the first time. Why wouldn't you just use the modify flights option?   

Haven't tried I guess as I always do it by rebooking. Doing what works for you type of thing.  I am not modifying the flights in my definition of the word so I guess that is why.  Modify means to me seat change, changing one of the several flights involved, etc.  Also have two screens going so that as soon as I cancel one I am booking the other especially if it is showing only two seats left available, etc.  

Pooh

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

That’s not the way it was meant to work. 
If you do a dummy booking first to see prices it is possibly to get inaccurate information.

It is best to do it through the reservation. It is vert easy and efficient.

Ok, this is why I do it the saved cruises way.  If you are lucky enough to have several cruises booked within booking airfare range it is so much quicker for checking purposes only, to do it thru saved cruises.  I am checking on 5 flights on almost a daily basis and if you do it the "right" way, it would take me a lot longer even though it is an easy and efficient way to do it(there just are more steps involved).  This way it is done within a few minutes and then if I find a better possible price I can then go into modify flights for that specific cruise.  And I have never gotten inaccurate information.  Guess I have been lucky.  My best save was United First where there was a big price decrease that only lasted 24 hrs. ($223pp!); when I went into my booking, I found out it was true and rebooked that sucker right away!  Grin.

Pooh

Does changing your EZ Air booking affect your cruise promo? There is currently an EZ Air sale going on. I have already booked a cruise for next summer under the Sip n Sail promo. I don’t want to lose that promo. I have already reserved flexible flights for this cruise (not part of any promotion). But if i see a lower air fare i want to be sure I don’t lose my Sip n Sail promo

I doubt it.  Because all you are doing is modifying your air.  You aren't changing your cruise promo from SIP to Annv (current promo).  If you call them up to try to get the air sale vs modifying your flight, then YES you can lose it.   You'll have to decide which promo is better for you.  The speciality dinner + air, or the SIP?

example: I can modify my air, and still keep my 3F.

14 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

You are misinterpreting my response.......if you go through the process as designed/required it does change everything automatically. That’s the way It works.

Colo Cruiser - this means choosing 'Book Now' at the end of new search, correct ?

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Colo Cruiser - this means choosing 'Book Now' at the end of new search, correct ?

Yes if you are changing an already booked air reservation it will display the old price and the new price side by side.

If you agree with the new flights and price then choose it and it will book the new choice and cancel the old reservation.

If you don’t agree with the new price then just return to the personalizer without making any changes.

3 hours ago, BoopTennis said:

Does changing your EZ Air booking affect your cruise promo? There is currently an EZ Air sale going on. I have already booked a cruise for next summer under the Sip n Sail promo. I don’t want to lose that promo. I have already reserved flexible flights for this cruise (not part of any promotion). But if i see a lower air fare i want to be sure I don’t lose my Sip n Sail promo

If you go through your air booking in the personalizer to get a lower price it has nothing to do with your promo.

3 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Ok, this is why I do it the saved cruises way.  If you are lucky enough to have several cruises booked within booking airfare range it is so much quicker for checking purposes only, to do it thru saved cruises.  I am checking on 5 flights on almost a daily basis and if you do it the "right" way, it would take me a lot longer even though it is an easy and efficient way to do it(there just are more steps involved).  This way it is done within a few minutes and then if I find a better possible price I can then go into modify flights for that specific cruise.  And I have never gotten inaccurate information.  Guess I have been lucky.  My best save was United First where there was a big price decrease that only lasted 24 hrs. ($223pp!); when I went into my booking, I found out it was true and rebooked that sucker right away!  Grin.

Pooh

If you haven’t tried it how can you say it takes longer and is more difficult?  🤔

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

If you go through your air booking in the personalizer to get a lower price it has nothing to do with your promo.

It is possible that the air sale may not be compatible with your cruise promo. In that case, going though the air booking will still not change your cruise promo - the air sale discount will not show as available. In this case, you may see a higher fare in your booking than when checking using a fake new booking.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

If you haven’t tried it how can you say it takes longer and is more difficult?  🤔

I went through the system once to see what it looked like.  If you have only one flight is ok, but with several, for this old lady, it is quicker and more efficient for checking purposes to do it through saved.  Love you Colo. Cruiser.  You are so literal.  But you have given me some good advice!  grin.

Pooh

• Like 1