Coco Beach Club Floating Cabana, wow

lisa6191

On 11/13/2019 at 7:10 AM, lisa6191 said:

The price for these on our May 2020 Oasis cruise has reached $2000. I guess people must be reserving them for the price to go this high, but this is a phenomenon I truly don't understand. That's more than we paid per cabin for the entire cruise (and that's for an ocean-view balcony cabin). They started at $1499 and I thought that was outrageous, and I assumed the price would come down once nobody reserved at that price. I was very wrong. 

This is called capitalism.  Charge what the market will bear.

Now would I pay that about amount of money even split between 8 people, no.

If some do, so be it.

• Like 1

On our recent Mariner three night cruise I scored a Oasis Lagoon Cabana for $299 not bad after you split it 6 ways.  As the cruise date approaches Royal will lower the price when guests don’t fork over the money. Cruisers display some discipline and prices will be lowered. 

On 11/13/2019 at 8:30 PM, rcclmiami said:

We are in coco cay next November (11-1 Allure TA). We have decided to not even get off the ship. Royal has priced us off of their island!

We were on Coco Cay recently and didn't spend a dime.  Not interested in the water slides.  There were plenty of loungers.  We were with friends and didn't get off very early, so we did have to hunt for four together.  Not a big deal. Had a great beach, pool day. Looking forward to going back in January.

I just had the thought.....perhaps RC will do the same with unsold cabanas at CoCo Cay Club that they did with my gang on Labadee bungalow.  On the day of our visit, they sold a vacant bungalow to us for $250.   I have a feeling that the pre-cruise prices are so high on CoCo Beach Club cabanas and OTW cabanas, they might sell the vacant ones to CoCo Beach Club pass members at a discounted price.   We will have to wait and see.....