Help Me Choose!

There are quite a few good cruises listed and I can't choose. Sept 2021 will be our 10 year anniversary and we want to sail end of Aug/early September.

About us: We love to explore new things, up for some hiking and history. We love to eat and try local cuisine. After an awful experience in the Harmony, we won't sail on her again. We've done Western Mediterranean already. 

Chances are not looking for anything longer then 7 nights, maybe 9. Where would y I u go and why?

You should consider also consider Bermuda.  It is a beautiful Island.  We are fans of Celebrity, but with the exception of the Adventure of the Seas would also recommend Royal Caribbean.  The oasis is coming to Bayonne.

We also have done the Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale on the Equinox in August and really enjoyed that ship and it's ports.  Have done New England and that was also an interesting cruise.

I do not think you can go wrong on most Celebrity or Oasis class Royal ships.

I agree with JBSteelerfan.  Alaska if you want to sail in Aug. or Sep.  Those months in the Caribbean puts you right in the middle of Hurricane Season.  We did end of Sep. this year and our itinerary was completely changed due to a Tropical Storm and the temps were unbearably hot.  Alaska is BEAUTIFUL and would be a great cruise for an Anniversary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

I agree with JBSteelerfan.  Alaska if you want to sail in Aug. or Sep.  Those months in the Caribbean puts you right in the middle of Hurricane Season.  We did end of Sep. this year and our itinerary was completely changed due to a Tropical Storm and the temps were unbearably hot.  Alaska is BEAUTIFUL and would be a great cruise for an Anniversary. 

I'm pretty sure we are leaning towards Europe or Alaska. That's as far as I got but I wanted to hear some unbiased opinions before I shared that 

• Like 1

If you want Europe how about the Norwegian Fjords? They are usually 7 night itineraries.

I've never been but after reading some of the reviews lately I really like the sound of the Canadian/New England cruises.

2 hours ago, nyyhoneybee said:

No recommendations on an European cruise. Canada for 2021 isn’t out yet 

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/19070972_RH_Europe.pdf

if you don’t mind a smaller ship - Greek Isles, or Greece and Croatia.  

Sailing from/into Venice would make a nice 10th anniversary trip.   Late August and early September dates available in the link above.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BSocial said:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/19070972_RH_Europe.pdf

if you don’t mind a smaller ship - Greek Isles, or Greece and Croatia.  

Sailing from/into Venice would make a nice 10th anniversary trip.   Late August and early September dates available in the link above.   

I was eyeing that Greece &Croatia one possibly with two days in Venice before or after. T b at or the Anthem leaving Southampton for the City Break I think.

I'd love to do a New England/Canada one also. I think that's my problem, so much I want to do I need to narrow it down. 

42 minutes ago, nyyhoneybee said:

I'm pretty sure we are leaning towards Europe or Alaska. That's as far as I got but I wanted to hear some unbiased opinions before I shared that 

Depending on where you go for some of those Canadian ports - you will feel like you're in Europe. Particularly "old Montreal" and Quebec City. LOL It'll satisfy your history leanings.

If you like hiking and outdoors Nova Scotia and Newfoundland would likely offer some spectacular trips/excursions.

Plus, I'm assuming you have USD, which means if you buy anything locally or book any excursions on your own you'll get $1.35 to the dollar.

1 hour ago, nyyhoneybee said:

I was eyeing that Greece &Croatia one possibly with two days in Venice before or after. T b at or the Anthem leaving Southampton for the City Break I think.

I'd love to do a New England/Canada one also. I think that's my problem, so much I want to do I need to narrow it down. 

If you're considering Europe, Greek Isles is a wonderful cruise.  And if you choose to go to Venice, check out staying on Murano.  It's the  "glass Island" and an easy Vaparetto ride to Venice.  Check out the Hyatt Centric Murano. It used to be the La Gare by MGallery but apparently Hyatt has acquired it.  Anyway, we stayed there a few years ago and it was spectacular, especially for an anniversary.  About 4 pm all the tourists leave and only those staying on the island are there.  Very quaint and romantic.  Anyway, just a thought. 

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

If you're considering Europe, Greek Isles is a wonderful cruise.  And if you choose to go to Venice, check out staying on Murano.  It's the  "glass Island" and an easy Vaparetto ride to Venice.  Check out the Hyatt Centric Murano. It used to be the La Gare by MGallery but apparently Hyatt has acquired it.  Anyway, we stayed there a few years ago and it was spectacular, especially for an anniversary.  About 4 pm all the tourists leave and only those staying on the island are there.  Very quaint and romantic.  Anyway, just a thought. 

I love this idea and am considering it for sure 

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Does the weather matter to you? It will be much warmer in Greece/Croatia than anywhere heading North from Southampton.

At home it will be still high 90's so I'll be OK kay with cooler weather for the week for sure, ports matter more 

42 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I've read very few bad reviews on the Harmony. Please explain. Whether doesn't count.

The weather was probably the best thing about the Harmony. I keep debating if I want to post a full review of our experience, but I haven't decided. I'm just hoping that no one has a week like we did. Multiple issues in the kids club, the food, and a huge security issue the last night. 

2 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Another vote for Norwegian Fjords. Just did it in May/June on Explorer and it was spectacular! Alaska is just as wonderful and less expensive if you live in the US.

That's what I thought also but the cabin itself is way cheaper in Europe plus flights only one way. I don't know much about the Fjords 

17 hours ago, nyyhoneybee said:

We are doing Southern Caribbean next Oct. Not a small ship (Freedom) though 

Freedom is, by far, our favorite ship we have sailed on to date.  We sailed on Freedom for our 20th anniversary and we had the best time.  I hope you love your sailing on Freedom. 

I'll vote for the Greek Isles on Rhapsody, with at least 2 nights pre-cruise in Venice at the Hyatt Centric Murano (former MGallery by Sofitel as mentioned above). 

We did the Kotor/Dubrovnik/Santorini/Katakolon itinerary and would highly recommend, but anything in that region will be great. 

My review and photos here: 

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser