Doing back to back on Celebrity than Princess .. transportation available??

loving goldens

I've read that you shouldn't try walking.  We'll be going from terminal 2 to 26 for HAL.  It looks like Eisenhower rd is a straight shot.  Maybe there's no sidewalk.  I don't normally do anything but walk from terminal 2 to Walgreens or Publix so I'm not sure.

10 minutes ago, palolake said:

I've read that you shouldn't try walking.  We'll be going from terminal 2 to 26 for HAL.  It looks like Eisenhower rd is a straight shot.  Maybe there's no sidewalk.  I don't normally do anything but walk from terminal 2 to Walgreens or Publix so I'm not sure.

That's the only reason I wouldn't walk, otherwise the distance wouldn't be any problem. 

We have walked from Berth 21 to 17th Street and back just to pass time, and there is sidewalk the entire way.  You have to cross to the opposite side at a couple of places and there are some large gaps at the entrance roads to the piers. We didn't have luggage as we were just walking out between B2B, but we did see a few people wheeling luggage.

49 minutes ago, MGAfhc said:

We have walked from Berth 21 to 17th Street and back just to pass time, and there is sidewalk the entire way.  You have to cross to the opposite side at a couple of places and there are some large gaps at the entrance roads to the piers. We didn't have luggage as we were just walking out between B2B, but we did see a few people wheeling luggage.

I haven't been down that way in quite a while. It appears that they've improve things a bit.

Normally when doing something like this it is best to try to get one of the last departure tag groups so that you leave the first ship around 10am.  Once you get your luggage and clear immigration, take the taxi you will be at the next ship around 10:30 or a bit later.  You drop off your luggage there as normal and wait for check in and boarding. 

An option is to have an earlier called luggage tag, once outside have the taxi go to the new ship and then do a quick luggage drop off and then have the same taxi take you to the beach or somewhere else in town for a few hours (hopefully you don't have a lot of carry-on items).  The cost of going to the second ship would just be part of the taxi time/distance fare.  I'm not sure what time the porters for luggage receiving start but I have arrived at port at 9:30am and there has been other luggage on the carts before mine.  

Here's a map of the port:  https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Map_Update_Feb_5_2019_c3513794-cec5-467a-899d-9242d64c9c90.pdf

Port Everglades is an industrial port with lots of truck traffic.  Personally even though I walk 2 miles everyday I wouldn't do the Terminal 25 to Terminal 2 walk.  You don't say when you are traveling but don't forget you will need to contend with Florida weather that can be hot (there is no shade on the walk) and humid even in the winter.  Take a cab and tip the driver since he will have to wait in line again for a hopefully more lucrative ride. 

I do like Waynetour's idea of just stopping to drop off luggage and then continuing your taxi ride to a further destination.  Las Olas Blvd is a great downtown area.  From there you can sightsee on the water taxi (www.watertaxi.com), disembark at the Hilton Marina and walk the 2 - 3 blocks to terminal 2.

• Like 1

If you use an off site parking rather than parking at terminal 2  you can utilize their shuttle service to take you between the terminals for free. (You can always give them a tip for appreciation) Their shuttles are constantly going from ship to ship either picking up or dropping off new passengers.

There's no need for a taxi or to walk.

• Like 1