Roll calls?

We are booked for a Baltic cruise in July on the escape. When I put in our roll call information, it says there are 0 members. However, myself and a few others have had a few conversations on what I thought was our roll call. In checking with other roll call dates in July, they all say 0 members, but I see that a few people have had conversations on those as well. Does this seem right?  I'm not sure what's going on. Does someone have to actually register that specific roll call? 

Edited by Mosaic maker
Spelling

FYI to all,

This thread has been moved to the correct forum where it will be on-topic. 

I was told October 21, 2019 by CC Help Michell that the Roll Call Finder Tool was picking up and populating as it should. However it was showing the member count as 0 for most cruises as well as much other information being incorrect. CC Help Jenn and her team is working on that glitch as well as others. As an indexing and search tool, it has been working normally for a while. As for the other information... not so much. Jenn is holding off on a formal announcement in case it is not fixed as much as hoped.

The first new Roll Call thread for a sail date should automatically appear in the Roll Call Finder Tool within 24-48 hours. That is IF the thread is titled correctly date-wise. The only date to appear in a title should be in the requested format. The month (spelled out in full), day and year and in that order. There should be no other numbers, dashes, dots or any other type of symbol. Yeah I know, sounds weird, but the Finder Tool is easily "confused"! emo3.gif If title is in the incorrect format, the thread should appear on an exception list and staff has to manually insert the new Roll Call thread into the Finder Tool when they are able. Therefore, sometimes there is a delay for a new Roll Call thread to appear in the Roll Call Finder Tool. And then sometimes the incorrect date formatted thread never makes it on the exception list and never into the Roll Call Finder Tool. 😟 As I said, still a few glitches being worked on.

Regarding the correct date format, from What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know :

What if there isn't a Roll Call for my sailing?

You can start one!

• Click  ROLL CALLS  
  • Click your Ship's or Cruise Line's name to open the correct forum (Don't see your ship name, see note at the end of instructions)
  • Browse the topic titles shown in the forum to double check there is no existing Roll Call topic for your sail date. 
  • Click the Start New Topic button at the top of the Ship's roll call forum.
  •  In the Title Box, type the name of your ship, your sail date and year. 
    • When you create a new ROLL CALL topic, you MUST include the sail date in the subject line, and here's the suggested format:    Example: January 1, 2016
    • Please note the suggested date format with the month first and spelled out completely will help your new Roll Call topic appear on the Roll Call Finder tool faster. 
  • Type a message in the message box and click the Submit Topic button.
  • Please allow 24-48 hours for your roll call thread to be entered into the roll call finder.  If after 48 hours your roll call is not found in our Find your Roll Call tool, please email help@cruisecritic.com

And if & when there are more than one Roll Call threads for the same sail date due to members NOT first scrolling through the existing Roll Call thread titles in a Roll Call forum as requested, from How To: Create A New Roll Call :

If you see two or more threads for the same sail date please email help@cruisecritic.com to have them merged.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you all aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Additional information.

Please note the comma in the following example shown above:

... When you create a new ROLL CALL topic, you MUST include the sail date in the subject line, and here's the suggested format:    Example: January 1, 2016...