Cameras for sale onboard?

othermike

Seems like the selection is down from past times, but not something I've really paid attention to over the past few years.  

A few years back I was seriously looking at a Leica on a cruise ship.  A little research showed it to be grossly overpriced and I did not make that purchase.  On a later cruise Mrs Ldubs decided to surprise me with a GoPro from the cruise ship store, and it was also very overpriced.  

Having OBC's to burn kind of makes that a non-issue but just be aware.  

Happy camera shopping!!  

I'm looking at doing a similar thing with excess OBC on a future Reflection cruise. There are several Cannon DSLR cameras in the $300-$500 range, a Nikon point and shoot  around $200+ or- and GoPro cameras as I can see so far. They aren't priced at bargain prices (frankly they're top dollar) but with all 4 perks as well as Captains Club benefits, there isn't much left for which to use it that is of interest to us. Since over half of the OBC we have is the OBC-N variety, we'll probably take a free camera and upgrade our current one.

Most ships I've seen haven't much of an inventory, so I'd suggest you make your purchase early in your cruise.

Edited by Luvcrusn