Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
watertraveler

private driver

We will be in Italy at the beginning of October and I'm interested in trying to find a private driver to take us to several different locations.  We will be arriving in Rome and want to travel to Popoli in Abruzzo.  We will also need transportation back to Rome and to Anzio.  Does anyone know of a company that would be able to assist us? We're not interested in tours, mainly just transportation from one area to another.

Thank you.

Thank you.  I looked briefly at their website and it looked like their focus was on Rome.  I will have to contact them though.  I probably missed something😊

9 minutes ago, watertraveler said:

Thank you.  I looked briefly at their website and it looked like their focus was on Rome.  I will have to contact them though.  I probably missed something😊

Yep...they have operations in about 6 different ports. And will transport you about anywhere.

RomeCabs (RomeCabs.com) is another decent company that would certainly provide you with a car/driver.  Just be cognizant that hiring a car/driver for the day will cost you hundreds of Euros.  Personally, we just rent a car and drive although I would be the first to admit that we try to avoid driving in Rome (and dealing with its ZTL).  If you do ultimately hire a car/driver you might want to take advantage of the route and expand your day to include some time in Tivoli (i.e. Villa d'Este and Hadrian's Villa).

Hank

Thank you all for your replies.  I have driven, in the past, and it might be an option for our next trip but I wanted to investigate some additional options.