Solarium Admittance Change

lovelife

2 hours ago, biomedbob said:

I'm 80, and also find most of the folks (Grandeur) in the Solarium to be old, cranky, and chairhogs complete with their towel clips.

So much for the "responsible" behavior of adults.  Score one for the 16/17 yo's, they can't be bothers "reserving" chairs at night and won't be out of bed until after lunch.

51 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I would doubt most 16 year olds would want to hang with a bunch of "octogenarians":classic_wink: or us "OK Boomers":classic_rolleyes:.

Maybe they like the cushioned loungers. They're not just for baby boomers anymore. 😉

1 hour ago, BND said:

But, WHY are you so against adults having one space to themselves?  

There is nothing wrong with adult's having their own space.  Royal has it set up nicely - kids pool, adult pool and a pool for everyone.

I thought this thread was if 16/17 yo should continued to be allowed in the Solarium, not children of all ages?

21 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Now the question is whether that's a misprint, a fleetwide change in policy, or the HD's decision for that particular ship or sailing.

You forgot the question of... "no matter which, will RCI enforce it." I'm sure that question is easily answered. 😳

Edited by Mikew0805
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, biomedbob said:

We always hang out in the Solarium reading our books by the bar.  The typical ***** that goes on is predicable.

Depending on which ship you are on,  the Solarium Bar can be pretty quiet. At least it was on Liberty all 4 times I sailed her. I've been to funerals that have had more energy!

On 11/22/2019 at 12:13 PM, lovelife said:

On Explorer now and just noticed in the Compass the minimum age is 18 instead of the usual 16.

Sorry if this has been posted -- a search revealed nothing.

20191122_005747.jpg

Went on ovation about a week or so ago and im pretty sure that the solarium door read 16+ so could be a misprint but then again I could be wrong 

18 hours ago, plaz70 said:

All, I'm saying is that if the main pool is surrounded by adults and the solarium pool is empty then why should that empty pool not be opened up for all ages?  I understand wanting an adult only area on vacation.  Sometimes, I prefer that too.  I don't understand why someone would choose a mass market cruise line with a flowrider, rock wall, bumper cars, video games, water slides, etc., geared  towards kids, expect there be an adults only pool and then not use it.  Adult only areas don't need to contain a pool is no one is going to use it.

We choose this ship for the children who will enjoy all of the features but we also want an area that is quiet when the children are in the children's clubs.

I can understand both sides of the argument. I would lean towards allowing 16 year olds in there. At that age, it can sometimes be hard to find things to do. If the ultimate goal is to keep it peaceful, make the rule that you have to be quiet. Because this rule is not doing that.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:37 AM, spookwife said:

and actions or not, if I see someone under 18/16 in the Solarium, I will say something.   I expect a kid free environment and I don't care how well behaved the little snowflakes are.  

Big talk is free on a forum, but in real life you're going to lay in your chair and enjoy your book or your drink like everyone else.  

Usually by 3PM all the older snowflakes are in the hot tub in solarium peeing and singing Sweet Caroline; wouldn't want kids there anyways. 

Edited by LMaxwell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LMaxwell said:

Big talk is free on a forum, but in real life you're going to lay in your chair and enjoy your book or your drink like everyone else.  

The only snowflakes are the D+ 55+ crowd. 

I'm guessing you haven't met LaLa yet. 

• Like 2

• Clarea locked this topic