Anthem of the Seas

franncos

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:00 PM, pamssanity said:

We traveled on Anthem two years ago and are booked on her again for Jan 5. We loved our experience hence the repeat trip. My only criticism was at the time they were experimenting with four different dinner venues( and menus) and it was a disaster. I’ve been told they’re not doing that any more. We loved We will Rock you and Spectra. Did no5 like The Gift but that is personal taste. I would make sure you book your entertainment ASAP. We met great crew members. Hope they’re still on board. 

That was "Dynamic Dining".

We experienced "DD" on the Ovation and enjoyed the different themed complimentary dining rooms:-

Silk, Chic, The Grande and American Icon Grill. Each had its own style, cuisine and menu choices.

Now they have reverted back to the 'traditional main dining room' style I was wondering how does that work?

For instance, My Time Dining states: Choose your time to dine in the Main Dining Room.

I have read that the only difference in the dining rooms now is the design/decor. The menus are all the same and they all have a mix of large and small tables. 

Two are dedicated to My Time and two are dedicated to traditional.

I would assume you are assigned a table in one of those dining rooms for the entire cruise (which one you get is pot luck)?

Edited by icsys

3 minutes ago, icsys said:

That was "Dynamic Dining".

We experienced "DD" on the Ovation and enjoyed the different themed complimentary dining rooms:-

Silk, Chic, The Grande and American Icon Grill. Each had its own style, cuisine and menu choices.

Now they have reverted to the traditional 'main dining room' how does that work?

For instance, My Time Dining states: Choose your time to dine in the Main Dining Room.

I would assume you are assigned a table in one of those dining rooms for the entire cruise (which one you get is pot luck) and the menu is the same in all four?

When we went they were using Chic and The Grande as traditional main dining rooms for those with set dining times and the other two for my time dining. We had mtd but only went once. There were 2 separate lines for those who made a reservation and those who didn’t. It seemed like that’s also how they divided those two dining rooms but can’t say for sure because we didn’t observe long.

4 minutes ago, CruiseBride926 said:

When we went they were using Chic and The Grande as traditional main dining rooms for those with set dining times and the other two for my time dining.

So My Time will either be in American Icon or Silk.

Thanks for the confirmation.

4 minutes ago, CruiseBride926 said:

When we went they were using Chic and The Grande as traditional main dining rooms for those with set dining times and the other two for my time dining. We had mtd but only went once. There were 2 separate lines for those who made a reservation and those who didn’t. It seemed like that’s also how they divided those two dining rooms but can’t say for sure because we didn’t observe long.

We sailed on her in October and yes that was how it was.  Don't think Anthem ever had DD, but may be wrong.  We had DD on Quantum when she first sailed.

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Anthem had Dynamic Dining until November 2016.

Ok.  Wasn't sure.  Sailed on Quantum in 2015. Knew they tried a modification of. DD but didn't realize Anthem also had it. Didn't sail her until 2018.

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Which is when I met you.  😊

Correct.  Not sure if we've sailed together again.  Since then moved to Tennessee,  did the Serenade TA August 2018, Brilliance,  then Oasis (norovirus cruise), b2b on Anthem this October.  Heading to Australia soon for 7 weeks including the circumnavigation on the Radiance. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, icsys said:

So My Time will either be in American Icon or Silk.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Yes, I was on her in October.

MTD is in AI or Silk. We always requested to be seated in AI if possible as we prefer the decor. It feels a bit odd to be sitting in Chinese themed restaurants eating prime rib ( perhaps that’s just me). 
Stunning ship, fantastic decor, 270 is incredible. We went there everyday for breakfast. 
No bed bugs. 

See you in Dubai! 

Edited by little britain