GSC island what credit do they give you if canceled

waterjock

Once on the Breakaway and once on the Gem, port taxes/fees were automatically refunded / posted to OBC that same day when we missed tendering to GSC - turning into another day at sea.  However, if ship can docked at Nassau by afternoon & evening ... then, I believe no OBC for port fees.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, waterjock said:

I understand that some times they have failed because of tender problems and had that port stop canceled.What amount of credit did you get for missing this port 

Whatever they charged you for port fees and taxes.  Since they own the island, should be a low number, perhaps zero.

4 hours ago, mugtech said:

Whatever they charged you for port fees and taxes.  Since they own the island, should be a low number, perhaps zero.

while it is true that they own the island. they still have to adhere to Bahama government and regulations so there is still some taxes involved with that

We received nothing. They cancelled mid day and returned everyone who already tendered there back on board. Instead of having a sea day, they docked in Nassau later that day and kept us there the next day as well. People weren't too thrilled.

Edited by Greek Boss

17 minutes ago, Greek Boss said:

We received nothing. They cancelled mid day and returned everyone who already tendered there back on board. Instead of having a sea day, they docked in Nassau later that day and kept us there the next day as well. People weren't too thrilled.

Why weren’t they happy? When we skipped, I was happy to dock in Nassau and get off of the ship. It sounds like the time at GSC was just shortened?

2 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Why weren’t they happy? When we skipped, I was happy to dock in Nassau and get off of the ship. It sounds like the time at GSC was just shortened?

They stopped letting anyone disembark at GSC around 11:30 AM. The line that afternoon at Guest Services was horrendous and everyone was complaining that they weren't able to check out the island. Seemed like quite a few people thought they would receive some sort of compensation but don't realize the fine print says ports can be changed or cancelled. We were a little annoyed as well but realized it happens. It was a Bahamas/Florida cruise from NYC so between Nassau and Port Canaveral, GSC was at least in our opinions the best stop.

29 minutes ago, Greek Boss said:

This is why cruising isn't for everyone..... weather, port conditions, ship operations, etc are a constant thing and changes do and will happen..... "people weren't too thrilled" would've been the same comment if it was a sea day..... 

2 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

This is why cruising isn't for everyone..... weather, port conditions, ship operations, etc are a constant thing and changes do and will happen..... "people weren't too thrilled" would've been the same comment if it was a sea day..... 

I agree and without a doubt believe the majority of people complaining were either first timers or just simply don't know about the operations of a cruise. I am one of those cruisers that prefers sea days so I would have been content if they avoided Nassau all together that trip! Lol!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Greek Boss said:

They stopped letting anyone disembark at GSC around 11:30 AM. The line that afternoon at Guest Services was horrendous and everyone was complaining that they weren't able to check out the island. 

Guess they would rather go to the island and then have an un-safe bumpy ride on the tender back to the ship...oh no, if they had that they would really be complaining, saying the cruise line put them in a dangerous situation.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Guess they would rather go to the island and then have an un-safe bumpy ride on the tender back to the ship...oh no, if they had that they would really be complaining, saying the cruise line put them in a dangerous situation.

Exactly. I've learned that with guests that are angry like that it will almost always be a lose-lose situation for the cruise line. Just no pleasing them at that point.

• Haha 1