Hotel With Shuttle to Port Everglades

CruisinCanine

If you pick a hotel anywhere near 17th Street or the airport an uber to port is cheap.  It really doesn't make sense for a free shuttle to be a big factor in hotel choice.  Pick a hotel you like the looks of and spend 10 bucks (or less) for an uber ride. 

Bonus - uber is more convenient, quicker, and you aren't waiting around with 10-15 other people and their luggage to cram on to a shuttle that might stop at multiple ships before it gets to yours.

• Like 1

I suspect most of the 17th Street strip hotels will offer a paid shuttle service from their hotel to PE. We stayed at the Hyatt Place last week and their shuttle was $7/pp. We've also used the shuttle from the Renaissance as well. 

As a fellow Canadian, I know the currency exchange can be brutal. If cost is an issue given the high prices around 17th Street at that time of year, an alternative we've used to save a LOT of money, is to stay farther away from PE, over in Plantation. Depending on the time of year, the cost of staying in Plantation can can be up to 50% less than the very popular but convenient 17th Street. Plantation is as well, or even better, served by hotels, restaurants, shopping, etc. than 17th street. One of the hotels in Plantation does offer both airport pickup as well as a PE shuttle, which is unusual given the distance from the port. Unfortunately, I don't remember which one, but a quick search should turn up the name. 

Look at the hotels on State Rd. 84, they pretty much all offer airport/cruise port shuttles. The ones on 17 St offer airport but not all offer port but as one poster said, your right there and its inexpensive to uber. I've booked the Holiday Inn Express on 17th St. for $125 for Easter week. Complimentary airport shuttle and they offer a park & cruise package, (we are flying in so no parking) so they may or may not have a port shuttle for a fee.  I figure I'll check it out when I get there. A plus is the store for water and a store to get some wine close by. Now it gets trickier for a hotel on our return. Want to be on beach. Hardly any have airport/port shuttles. Booked Best Western Oceanside Inn, then found out that due to the Tortuga Music Festival the nearest beach entrance for the month of April is a mile away :(. I resume my research.

Edited by sharonna3

On 11/29/2019 at 5:01 PM, sharonna3 said:

Look at the hotels on State Rd. 84, they pretty much all offer airport/cruise port shuttles. The ones on 17 St offer airport but not all offer port but as one poster said, your right there and its inexpensive to uber. I've booked the Holiday Inn Express on 17th St. for $125 for Easter week. Complimentary airport shuttle and they offer a park & cruise package, (we are flying in so no parking) so they may or may not have a port shuttle for a fee.  I figure I'll check it out when I get there. A plus is the store for water and a store to get some wine close by. Now it gets trickier for a hotel on our return. Want to be on beach. Hardly any have airport/port shuttles. Booked Best Western Oceanside Inn, then found out that due to the Tortuga Music Festival the nearest beach entrance for the month of April is a mile away :(. I resume my research.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn express on 1 Dec. their shuttle for this date was $9 per person. We like to walk so walked to Pier 2 which took us 18 minutes.  Each pulled a  suitcase and walked leisurely

On 12/4/2019 at 6:19 PM, coo359a2 said:

We stayed at the Holiday Inn express on 1 Dec. their shuttle for this date was $9 per person. We like to walk so walked to Pier 2 which took us 18 minutes.  Each pulled a  suitcase and walked leisurely

Thank you! Good to know. We like to stroll so a good possibility. Was it side walk most of the way?

26 minutes ago, sharonna3 said:

Thank you! Good to know. We like to stroll so a good possibility. Was it side walk most of the way?

It was all sidewalk.  Had one street to cross (Walgreens on corner) but you had a crossing light and a couple of streets inside the port area. Met people getting off the ship and walking to their hotel  and some on their way to buy supplies. 

19 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

It was all sidewalk.  Had one street to cross (Walgreens on corner) but you had a crossing light and a couple of streets inside the port area. Met people getting off the ship and walking to their hotel  and some on their way to buy supplies. 

Thank you!  🙂

7 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

Pier # 2 would be the only walkable one from 17th. street. All others are much too far.

Ahhhh Didn't even give the distance between the piers a thought. Just looked where pier 2 is. Thank you!. We will be utilizing uber/taxi LOL!

Many FL hotels have free (or $2 per room) shuttles from airport to hotel, and many offer paid ($7 or so per person) shuttles to the port.  Some of the search engines for hotels allow you to enter shuttle as one of the categories, as well as ranking by price, if that is important.  We always used shuttles both ways, for the convenience, as well as knowing we'll get to the right place.