Laundry

Plan.B

20 minutes ago, Plan.B said:

Is there laundry available for 7-day cruises?  We are on a back-to-back and like to travel light.

Yes. You can do by-the-bag or unlimited. In Europe unlimited is $63 (for 7 days) and a bag is $30. On other itineraries it's $49 (for 7 days) unlimited or $20 per bag. You can stuff a lot into a bag.

Edited by catl331

Filling a bag with laundry is probably one of the best deals around - you can fit a week's worth of clothing into a bag for $20, and it comes back looking great!  When it comes back, see how much you'd have paid if you had to by the piece.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vmom said:

Does the laundry service use hot water and hot dryer setting? I was wondering about shrinkage.

I cannot honestly say that I know for certain what temperature the water and drying settings are.  I can say truthfully that only once did a piece of clothing--a pair of wash/wear pants--was returned to me 2-3 sizes smaller than when I sent the pants to be laundered.  That was in 2002.  Ever since, including sending out similar pants, my clothes were returned to me clean and in as good condition as when they left my stateroom.  I consider their laundry service to be nothing short of excellent.

20 hours ago, vmom said:

Does the laundry service use hot water and hot dryer setting? I was wondering about shrinkage.

In our experience the shrinkage occurs in the MDR, not the laundry.

• Haha 6

Laundry bags are cloth, and you can stuff a lot in.  I put the heavier things in first, rolled, and then stuff smaller items in. I also always write on the laundry sheet. Cold water wash and low heat dryer.  I don't know if they read the sheets, but I have never had a problem with the laundry.

1 hour ago, golfer1903 said:

What’s the turn around time from when they take your bag to when u get it back?

We leave a bag on the bed when we go to dinner and so far we've always gotten it back in less than 24 hours ... but they only promise 2 days.

On Zuiderdam in October, it was back same day if I got it organized before room steward ca e in morning.  Otherwise it was next day if I got it to room steward after breakfast.  I always added a request of cold water wash, and no shrinkage (laundry or MDR) was noticed.  I love it.  Can’t wait to get to 4star,  but will continue to pay for laundry until that happy day.

if my next cruise in  April. Starts in FLL, but is going to Europe, $7 or $9?