Drink Package, $48 good price?

• Clarea changed the title to Drink Package, $48 good price?
2 hours ago, luvsvacations said:

Is $48 for the drink package a good price on a 9 day cruise.  Not sure if this is the sale price or the normal price?  Thanks  Just booked and wanted to check.

Good price for a Caribbean cruise, but might not be as good on a Med cruise where you are off the ship almost all day every day.

I think it's probably the sale price. The normal price starts at $61 and goes up to $80+ depending on ship, time of year, blah, blah, blah......

For me, anything under $50 is an automatic "yes, good deal" for a typical 9 night Caribbean cruise with 3-4 sea days, plus 1 day a the private island.  And if you drink lots of bottled water, specialty coffee (non-starbucks), the deal is even sweeter.

• Like 2

just look at it this way, most drinks on royal are between 9-15 dollars so 5-6 drinks a day to get your value.. i say book asap. i haven't seen below 55 on my booking. also considering if you're a coffee person the premium coffee is included also bottles of water which comes in handy. you'll defiantly get yours money worth at that price IMO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EDiamond22 said:

just look at it this way, most drinks on royal are between 9-15 dollars so 5-6 drinks a day to get your value.. i say book asap. i haven't seen below 55 on my booking. also considering if you're a coffee person the premium coffee is included also bottles of water which comes in handy. you'll defiantly get yours money worth at that price IMO

This.  If you can see yourself averaging 5-6 drinks per day, the beverage package is worth it in the $50 range.  Keep in mind that it's also bottled water, coffees/teas, fresh juice, etc.  Not just alcohol.

Thank you all.  They are both about 28 and beer drinkers.  Can you buy a "bucket" of beer using this and take it to the cabin.  I know on another cruise line you could order beer ahead of time but have not found that option so not sure if buying the drink package or if they can buy 6 packs or buckets????

Thank you all.  They are both about 28 and beer drinkers.  Can you buy a "bucket" of beer using this and take it to the cabin.  I know on another cruise line you could order beer ahead of time but have not found that option so not sure if buying the drink package or if they can buy 6 packs or buckets????

You cannot order a bucket of beer with the beverage package.  One drink at a time.  However you can purchage a bucket of beer outside of the package.

they will open every beer they serve you even the bucket all come open

1 minute ago, luvsvacations said:

So you cant sit on your balcony and have a couple.   Guess I don’t understand the reason for opening them.   Just trying to figure out the best route.  Thanks

you could bring the bucket back to your room but they will be open. I'm not sure if its a legal thing (i know bars on land cant serve anything unopened) or just a policy thing.
I've heard others say they would order the ones that come in the aluminum cans (bud, bud light, coors) and ask for the cap then re close them themselves and bring them to the room fridge but i've never tried this so i'm not sure if they will even do that.

5 minutes ago, b_cruise said:

What is premium coffee exactly? Are lattes/cappuccino included?  It is $51 Pp right now on my sailing for march

yes and fraps, ive even seen some coffee with alcohol in it if you enjoy that aswell. 
51 is a good price from what ive seen

48 is pretty good,  and one of the lower prices I have seen. 

Sept 2. 2020 brilliance of the seas Arctic Crossing (Amsterdam, Norway, Iceland, Greenland). Is down to $42 a day right now for any one interested.  Lowest price I have seen ever in a while and not a price error.