American Express Oceania Cruises offer is back

Charles4515

20 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Found the offer when I checked my Amex account online today. Spend $750 and get $225 statement crew. Expires 12/31/2019.

where would I find this offer.

called amex and they didnt know anything

thanks for info

20 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Found the offer when I checked my Amex account online today. Spend $750 and get $225 statement crew. Expires 12/31/2019.

Have not seen it on my account.  Will keep looking.

19 minutes ago, phylliswald said:

where would I find this offer.

called amex and they didnt know anything

thanks for info

Use your computer, not a mobile app, the app only shows half the offers,. On your computer open the Amex website on your browser. Log in. Scroll down the page to Amex Offers and Benefits. When you find that select View All. Then you will see all 100 offers. See if the Oceania Offers is one of them. Not all cards get the same offers.  I have the offer on my Platnium Card but the offers appear on other Amex cards.  If you have the offer add the offer to your card. 

PS. Amex credit card holders, in addition to the Oceania Offer I have one for Celebrity and one for Worlds, Leading Cruise Lines. (Princess, HAL, Carnival, Cunard etc.)

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

Thanks for the heads up - it isn't on my card this time but it was a few months ago when I made final payment.

The offer may appear on your card again. I had it the last time it appeared, I used it  and I have an offer again. Also I have found that if the offer is not there if you add some offers and refresh the page the offers available go back to 100 and if you are lucky the one you want will come up. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Use your computer, not a mobile app, the app only shows half the offers,. On your computer open the Amex website on your browser. Log in. Scroll down the page to Amex Offers and Benefits. When you find that select View All. Then you will see all 100 offers. See if the Oceania Offers is one of them. Not all cards get the same offers.  I have the offer on my Platnium Card but the offers appear on other Amex cards.  If you have the offer add the offer to your card. 

PS. Amex credit card holders, in addition to the Oceania Offer I have one for Celebrity and one for Worlds, Leading Cruise Lines. (Princess, HAL, Carnival, Cunard etc.)

48 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The offer may appear on your card again. I had it the last time it appeared, I used it  and I have an offer again. Also I have found that if the offer is not there if you add some offers and refresh the page the offers available go back to 100 and if you are lucky the one you want will come up. 

thanks so much. not on my card but will keep checking!

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

I've learned this trick on cruisecritic - I added some offers so hopefully it will work & I'll use it for onboard credit - my cruise is in 2 weeks

17 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I've learned this trick on cruisecritic - I added some offers so hopefully it will work & I'll use it for onboard credit - my cruise is in 2 weeks

That is my trick. Also if the trick does not work today try again every few days. Sometimes the offer I want shows up a week or two later. Sometimes never. Also I have another Amex card and an offer appeared one card but not on the other so I check the offers on  both. Some offers are local, for restaurants that are only in the DC area. Some get offers for points and not statement credit. I have done well with the offers.

I don't have an Oceania sailing  booked right now but the offer is having the intended purpose. I am going to seriously look at what is available.

Edited by Charles4515

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

When adding AMEX offers I find that if you start at the bottom of the list, the list repositions (for lack of a better term) and your cursor will be in the same spot to load the next one so you can load them quickly. There's no harm in loading all of them, that way you'll be able to see the new ones easier. And you never know when you may use one of the offers that you loaded. Of course the downside of loading them all is that the offers loaded page also only shows 100, but at least you'll see more as they expire.

I also got a $300 off $1000 offer for Uniworld river cruises. I used the HAL offer on a new cruise earlier this week (on 4 cards, myself and 3 AU's) and will use the Celebrity offer to pay for my upcoming Asia cruises. The Oceania offer is tempting but I think I'm full for 2020.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, thepla said:

I have offer. I would assume it's combinable with $300 OBC part of cruise privileges. Booked a cruise and made deposit of over $750 to complete terms.

I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence. You need to charge $1000 to Oceania for the offer. 

1 minute ago, ORV said:

I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence. You need to charge $1000 to Oceania for the offer. 

Mine is $750 spend for $225 statement credit. I'll check for sure but deposit was $750 per person for $1500. Either way I'm over requirement. Amex cruise privileges also has $300 OBC for any room type when paid with Amex Plat or Centurian.

2 minutes ago, thepla said:

Mine is $750 spend for $225 statement credit. I'll check for sure but deposit was $750 per person for $1500. Either way I'm over requirement. Amex cruise privileges also has $300 OBC for any room type when paid with Amex Plat or Centurian.

My mistake, I had it confused with another offer

I logged in to my American Express account. I then looked up American Express Offers.  There were 100. For Oceania it states: Spend $750+, get 22,500 Membership Rewards® Points.  It expires 12-31-19. 

I use my Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card to book my cruises because you get 3x reward points. You also get travel insurance by paying with the Sapphire card.

32 minutes ago, Carol From California said:

I logged in to my American Express account. I then looked up American Express Offers.  There were 100. For Oceania it states: Spend $750+, get 22,500 Membership Rewards® Points.  It expires 12-31-19. 

I use my Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card to book my cruises because you get 3x reward points. You also get travel insurance by paying with the Sapphire card.

I too have both and in my case I have 225 statement credit and 300 obc so used amex for my first Oceania cruise. Ultimate rewards have 1.5 redemption and like you said insurance. My son and I are planning 2 to 3 cruises pet year so I look at all options. I think amex gives 5x membership rewards points now.

8 minutes ago, thepla said:

I too have both and in my case I have 225 statement credit and 300 obc so used amex for my first Oceania cruise. Ultimate rewards have 1.5 redemption and like you said insurance. My son and I are planning 2 to 3 cruises pet year so I look at all options. I think amex gives 5x membership rewards points now.

American Express Platinum gives 5X points for flights if you book directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.  They give 5X points on hotels if you book and prepay (pay in advance) on amextravel.com. They do not give 5X on cruises. If you want the travel insurance and 3X on cruises, best to pay with Chase Sapphire Reserve card.  This may be different for Canada.  

Edited by Carol From California

1 hour ago, Carol From California said:

Exactly.

Plus you get points that you can actually use. Amex rewards transfer to fewer airlines of interest to me and mostly less than 1:1

I gave up my Plat Amex a long time ago.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

Seems to have worked out well for data point.

My 225 credit already came back directly from Oceania. Transferred to a ta and got 300 obc from amex and 75 obc from agency plus free wine tasting and bottle of wine from amex.

Oceania btw gives an immediate 280 obc for amex which gets reversed when applying 300 obc.

41 minutes ago, thepla said:

I find best use for amex points to buy tickets through iap program which has better fares and I get 35 percent points back.

Iap works for 35 percent back on business class tickets or chosen airline.

As I no longer have my Amex Plat card, can you give me an idea of how many points would a flight from SFO to AMS be in business class?

FWIW, buying the ticket is a few bucks cheaper directly with TAP (lowest fare airline on that route) than buying it with iap.

TIA

Edited by Paulchili

11 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

As I no longer have my Amex Plat card, can you give me an idea of how many points would a flight from SFO to AMS be in business class?

FWIW, buying the ticket is a few bucks cheaper directly with TAP (lowest fare airline on that route) than buying it with iap.

TIA

I picked random dates. Published air was 3300 they sell for 2900 using 290000 points. You would get a 35 percent reverse miles posted for a net 188000 points or so. It would be like getting a 3300 airfare for 1880 if we use 1 cent per dollar. You also warn miles on airline since you really are buying that bc ticket.

Chase Sapphire is 1.5 cents compared to 1 but theirs nets 220000 points because they don't have a special fare and 35 pct back. I think op for Chase sees a great value for transfer partners. 

12 minutes ago, thepla said:

I picked random dates. Published air was 3300 they sell for 2900 using 290000 points. You would get a 35 percent reverse miles posted for a net 188000 points or so. It would be like getting a 3300 airfare for 1880 if we use 1 cent per dollar. You also warn miles on airline since you really are buying that bc ticket.

In your example, do you have to have 290000 points to buy the ticket and then get a rebate or can you just have 188000 to buy the ticket - a big difference. Also, are there any $ fees or taxes in addition to the points?

Still, even at 188K it's a LOT of points. On KLM I can have that business class ticket for as low as 63K miles on some dates and similarly on Iberia and BA.

2:35 PM San Francisco (SFO)
9:45 AM  +1  Amsterdam (AMS)
Trip duration: 10h10
Lowest fare
63 000 Miles
+ 210.35 USD*
KL606
2:35 PM

San Francisco, International Airport
9:45 AM +1
Amsterdam, Schiphol
Operated by