luggage

EDiamond22

believe it or not guys u got a question other than black Friday or drink package  questions lol; so i'm going to get my girlfriend a luggage set for Christmas; her stipulations are rose gold and hard shell. i would love to hear your recommendations . pretty much every set i look at had a bunch of 5 star reviews plus a bunch of 1 star reviews... its so hard to pick. my luggage i got a 5 pc set for 79 on a kohl's black Friday deal and its held up for a year now but this year they didn't have much of anything locally in rose gold. i will most likely go with something from amazon or ebay at this point but would have some real travelers opinions. 
as always thanks for your advice and opinions ! 

Be sure to compare the weight, especially the airline carry on.  Our most used luggage includes an airline carry on for each of us.  Bought at TJ Maxx. They sell sets and offer a variety of styles and sizes.  my green suitcase has been to Europe 3 times and on 6 cruises.  Happy Travels

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Relaxedfun said:

Be sure to compare the weight, especially the airline carry on.  Our most used luggage includes an airline carry on for each of us.  Bought at TJ Maxx. They sell sets and offer a variety of styles and sizes.  my green suitcase has been to Europe 3 times and on 6 cruises.  Happy Travels

as an avid TJ Maxx shopper i figured i'd check there after the black Friday rush died down, since they don't participate but yet people still pack it in all weekend there lol. i live amung the same people who drink RCI's juice so to speak lol

1 minute ago, Relaxedfun said:

Cross your fingers and check back in a week!

thank you! i was going to buy a set at kohl s for her last night but the only one that met the criteria was all banged up already from being a display model so i didn't go for it. probably will grab on amazon but they have so many and that's what sparked the question in the first place haha

10 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Check out Burlington too, if there is one in your area.  My problem with them is they lock the cases so you can't check out the inside configuration, and I am particular.  EM

yes i have a Burlington right around the corner, totally forgot about that! thanks luckily they don't lock them up at mine 

I have Delsey.  I love spinner luggage with 4 wheels...but the big sell was that it was NOT a clam shell.  You can lay it on its side and open the top.  Mine is purple (close enough to rose gold?).

Other must haves:

built in locks

25 inch (29 inch is  TOO big and will make you over-weight)

I don't think they make luggage in Rose Gold (it is my favorite color).  Good luck

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/delsey-eclipse-25-spinner-suitcase-created-for-macys?ID=8081797&CategoryID=20549&swatchColor=Arctic Blue

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Other must haves:

built in locks

I don't think they make luggage in Rose Gold (it is my favorite color).  Good luck

eBags (link in my post above) has rose-gold in their own line, Samsonite, American Tourister, Juicy Couture, and a single too-large one by Bebe. But all look to have the clam-shell, which agree is a pain in most hotel rooms with single-depth luggage holders or benches.

Also agree that what it is with sets or individual bags that go from 21" (carryon) to 29"?? Whatever happened to 24-25" suitcases?  (My theory is they figure that a 21" with zip-out gusset holds as much as a 24", and it may, but the physics are wrong and it will be tipping over all the time and hard to pull or carry!) 

IT Los Angeles (soft-side "lightest luggage") comes in 22/29/32" sets, as well as separate. I gave my sis/BIL a set -- they brought a ginormous old suitcase that had only pillows in it on our last AK cruise! It didn't even have wheels, but didn't weigh much... but that's why I gave them the biggees, to decide which one could take the place of the no-wheel one. If they made a 24" I'd be buying it! I do have a 24" suitcase that is heavier that the IT, that I used on the same AK cruise... and sure enough, packed it weighed in right at 49lb!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have Delsey.  I love spinner luggage with 4 wheels...but the big sell was that it was NOT a clam shell.  You can lay it on its side and open the top.  Mine is purple (close enough to rose gold?).

Other must haves:

built in locks

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/delsey-eclipse-25-spinner-suitcase-created-for-macys?ID=8081797&CategoryID=20549&swatchColor=Arctic Blue

That is the new version of what I used for years.  It looks like they fixed the problem where the baggage handlers would lay it on the top, and slide it, chewing up the zipper where it goes over the stop.

One thing, that type is typically called a clam shell.  I know, it doesn't make sense. 🙂

I travel with a 29" and 24/25"  I don't go over on the 29".  Just pack things that need more volume, but are not dense in it.

I switched to Briggs and Riley.  Lifetime warranty for ANY thing that goes wrong.  Even if the airlines cause the damage.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

I switched to Briggs and Riley.  Lifetime warranty for ANY thing that goes wrong.  Even if the airlines cause the damage.

Excellent luggage, but expensive.  I have one piece....that is older and heavy.

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Excellent luggage, but expensive.  I have one piece....that is older and heavy.

I figured with my job and personal travel, it may be cheaper over the long run.  

I got it in early Sept, and it has already been on 12 international flights.

Edited by SRF
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

funny story, just this morning i was on kohls website and scored they had a nice 3 pc set on sale for like 95, then got my 20% off, plus used my kohls cash i earned on black friday so scored the set for like 50 bucks, free site to store same day pick up; it was ready in like 3 hours went and grabbed it! 🙂 
appreciate you still on the hunt for me!

• Like 1

Ended up getting a really good deal on this set so we will see how it holds up on our trip in January. but for what i payed if it ends up being a one time use i will still have gotten my money's worth 😄

sadly most of our travel includes flying which is really what does damage to the suitcases 

lug.PNG

• Like 2