South Hampton- Where to Stay, Pls Help!

blackfoot

Need a high quality stay in South Hampton( 50th Aniversity) for 2 nights for Oceania departure- want to avoid the London the extreme high price tourist city thing since I lived there for many years. Would appreciate your suggestions! Thank you

Edited by blackfoot

I know a few years ago I saw some great companies that pickup at the airport in London and take you to South Hampton..

Can some one post car companies that are reasonable and dependable..

BTW our daughter ordered us an Uber (two days before) for Thanksgiving because it was supposed to be pouring in LA and she didnt want Stu to drive (smart girl) and at the time they were supposed to be there it announced no cars available..Fortunately Stu and I could jump in our car and he could drive (slowly) to our daughters..I would never order an uber on a Holiday again!!

Jancruz1

For the April 2018 NY-Southampton cruise I had booked a car for 3 couples with Woodford Cruise Connections.  Ultimately we had to cancel but the others in our group did use their service.  I found them extremely helpful in pre-cruise planning and they gave the best price I found.

If you wish I can email the person who took over for me when we had to cancel to see what he has to say about them.

Just another suggestion!

For us the quote was 210GBP for 3 couples going to two hotels close to each other by Lancaster Gate and the third to Knightsbridge.  That was a while ago, of course.

Mura

Woodford Chauffeur Cars Cruise Connection Service

Woodford Cruise Connections is a subsidiary of Woodford Chauffeur Cars Ltd.

Woodford Cruise Connections are an experienced company in the cruise transfer and tour business for the south of England. We service all the major ports including Southampton, Dover, Harwich and London docks. Woodford Cruise Connections offers you a personal service for all your needs, whether combining a tour en-route from the airport to your hotel or docks. We provide a flexible and versatile service at competitive prices.

We operate a fleet of Mercedes S class and Audi 8s, Chrysler Voyagers and for larger groups of 6-8 passengers the Mercedes Vianos and the Volkswagen Transporter. We also operate a 22 seater luxury coach for larger parties and luggage trailers are available if required. The prices we quote are for the vehicle not per person.

Hi

This is where we stay inn Southampton ( travel down from Manchester on the train) https://www.leonardohotels.co.uk/hotels/southampton/leonardo-royal-hotel-southampton-grand-harbour

Ask for a view of the port.you will see your ship come in and they do a shuttle service to the port on sail day.

If you wish to visit the New Forest, travel by public transport and buy a ticket for a HoHo bus whilst on board.

have a great trip

Josie

We stayed at Jury's in May. It is a moderately priced modern hotel that was clean and located in a quieter residential area. There are several decent restaurants near the park across from the hotel which worked well for our weary travel group. 

It is about a 15 minute taxi drive to the port.

We stayed at The Pig In The Wall last July. If stairs are not a problem for you, this is a great little hotel.  Opt for the largest room for a few dollars more.  Breakfast is extra, but well worth it.  There is lots to see within walking distance and lots of great restaurants.  A short cab ride to the port.

We enjoyed staying at the Blue Keys Hotel https://bluekeyshotel.co.uk/

after reading their excellent reviews on TripAdvisor  https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186299-d210579-Reviews-The_Blue_Keys_Hotel_Bar_Restaurant-Southampton_Hampshire_England.html

In addition to Smiths for Airports, we have been happy with transfers taken with https://www.blackberrycars.com/southampton-airport/

• 2 weeks later...