Has Anyone Received 20% Refund Voucher for Missed Ocean Cay?

L2float

Thanks for the info, Cam! We’re still playing catch up and made it hone more than a week before you! Merry Christmas to you, too. Can’t wait to chat soon. We’re so glad our paths crossed! I’m going to call tomorrow or Saturday to see if I can get and use the voucher.

I know its Christmas but thought UK cruisers may be interested in this..

Tried to book a cruise with our TA using the 20% voucher and MSC said as the TA had a special rate they would have to reduce our voucher value!! It would cost us £400,  didn't post this before as it has taken me 2 days to think it over and decide to post.

14 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Tried to book a cruise with our TA using the 20% voucher and MSC said as the TA had a special rate they would have to reduce our voucher value!! It would cost us £400,  didn't post this before as it has taken me 2 days to think it over and decide to post.

Seems that the letter we received from the Captain onboard stating that we'd receive 20% of the cruise fare isn't worth the paper it's printed on!  Customer service is insisting our cruise was a B2B because we returned to New York before heading to Miami.  Yet Voyagers' Club is only treating it as ONE cruise for the purpose of cruise points.  So MSC is having its cake and eating it in our case.

31 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Customer service is insisting our cruise was a B2B because we returned to New York before heading to Miami.  Yet Voyagers' Club is only treating it as ONE cruise for the purpose of cruise points.

Are they offering less than 20% of the 23 day cost?  Only an amount for what the 13 day would have been? We had our 20% email within a week, but still nothing for our son.  I haven't received Voyagers points for either sailing, my requests have been put off twice now.  

After no reply to our requests for contact on the MSC site, emails, and hold times that ended with me hanging up, we finally spoke to a human at MSC for the second tine. The first person had told me that vouchers were handled on the ship and that the land based office couldn’t help. 🙄 Now I’m being told that there is no voucher and that MSC has a master list of the vouchers. He said that all I have to do is mention it when booking or making a payment. I’ll believe it when I see it. Funny that when I recently made a final payment the person on the line had no idea and wouldn’t allow the use of my voucher.

iIt took us a month to have my husband’s points awarded after our last cruise. When they finally gave him his points they said it was a middle name issue. He didn’t have a problem on our last cruise! The representative was claiming it was our fault because he did or didn’t use a middle name. We never understood. Just fix it!

I had posted on another thread that we usually experienced short hold times and good customer service when calling MSC. That’s no longer true. I feel that we should all get an OBC or voucher just for the time we spend emailing and being on hold listening to that horrid music! Our time is valuable. Vacations , including the planning, should be enjoyable.  Customers should be valued.

15 hours ago, L2float said:

After no reply to our requests for contact on the MSC site, emails, and hold times that ended with me hanging up, we finally spoke to a human at MSC for the second tine. The first person had told me that vouchers were handled on the ship and that the land based office couldn’t help. 🙄 Now I’m being told that there is no voucher and that MSC has a master list of the vouchers. He said that all I have to do is mention it when booking or making a payment. I’ll believe it when I see it. Funny that when I recently made a final payment the person on the line had no idea and wouldn’t allow the use of my voucher.

iIt took us a month to have my husband’s points awarded after our last cruise. When they finally gave him his points they said it was a middle name issue. He didn’t have a problem on our last cruise! The representative was claiming it was our fault because he did or didn’t use a middle name. We never understood. Just fix it!

I had posted on another thread that we usually experienced short hold times and good customer service when calling MSC. That’s no longer true. I feel that we should all get an OBC or voucher just for the time we spend emailing and being on hold listening to that horrid music! Our time is valuable. Vacations , including the planning, should be enjoyable.  Customers should be valued.

Amen!  We never heard anything either.  Weird that others reported having received a voucher via email within days.

18 hours ago, Boschmann said:

Are they offering less than 20% of the 23 day cost?  Only an amount for what the 13 day would have been? We had our 20% email within a week, but still nothing for our son.  I haven't received Voyagers points for either sailing, my requests have been put off twice now.  

Yes ... they've calculated out the per day cost, multiplied it by 13 and are giving us 20% of the 13 night section of the cruise i.e. New York-Miami leg.

I emailed Voyagers Club to confirm the number of points we were being given for the cruise and we've been awarded 2000 each for a YC cruise of +9 nights - so, in that department, ours is being considered as only one cruise of 23 nights and not a B2B of 10 and 13 nights!  🙄  So it's a lose/lose for us on both counts as MSC is having it both ways.

I’m afraid this company is going to run itself into the ground if they can’t correct their biggest flaw- poor customer service. We’re looking at other lines for our Europe cruises this summer. Maybe they need to stop building all of these new ships and learn how to run a business first. We really enjoyed our onboard experiences, but it’s really disappointing to read how they are willing to make good customers unhappy, or lose them completely, over these issues. They won’t have their cake and eat it, too, Bea, if we all start cruising elsewhere. 

• Like 1

People need to start emailing the head of MSC Gianni Onnarato then they may start to listen! Acting like a bunch of con men will do them no favours. I mean if they cannot even communicate to passengers onboard ship when the Italian night is then there is no hope for them.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2019 at 8:12 AM, emmas gran said:

That will always be the case with all cruise lines. Voucher are deducted from the base fare before any discounts are applied.

Edited by Jossie1960

On 12/25/2019 at 10:15 PM, Beamafar said:

Seems that the letter we received from the Captain onboard stating that we'd receive 20% of the cruise fare isn't worth the paper it's printed on!  Customer service is insisting our cruise was a B2B because we returned to New York before heading to Miami.  Yet Voyagers' Club is only treating it as ONE cruise for the purpose of cruise points.  So MSC is having its cake and eating it in our case.

I believe MSC has been more than fair and treated everyone who missed the port the same. Why should you get 20% of a 23 day cruise and everybody else get 20% of a 9 day cruise.  Not often would I side with the cruise line but in this case  I think they are being more than fair to all.

Just now, Jossie1960 said:

I believe MSC has been more than fair and treated everyone who missed the port the same. Why should you get 20% of a 23 day cruise and everybody else get 20% of a 9 day cruise.  Not often would I side with the cruise line but in this case  I think they are being more than fair to all.

Do you know the difference between a booked 23 night cruise and a 13 night cruise ? And a B2B ?

MSC are cheapskating Bea on this issue the fact that the VC count it as one cruise shows just how mixed up MSC is.

Have you actually checked out the restrictions of using the 20% discount ?

• Like 1

Yes a 23 night cruise would be more expensive than a 13 night cruise and a B2B is usually discounted and is seldom equal to the sum of its parts.  What's that got to do with missing a SINGLE port, check their T&C they could give NOTHING.  Regardless of the length of the cruise everyone should be treated the same. 

• Like 1

The voucher states 20% of the fare paid for that cruise in my opinion if you paid for 23 nights you get 20% of that or in my case 20% of the fare for 13 nights . Not a reduced amount.

They should not have offered it if they aren’t going to honour it.

Edited by emmas gran
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

The voucher states 20% of the fare paid for that cruise in my opinion if you paid for 23 nights you get 20% of that or in my case 20% of the fare for 13 nights . If you see my post 28 they are then making their own rules and reducing that. 

They should not have offered it if they aren’t going to honour it.

Well said, Liz!  Some people prefer their own (ill-informed) opinions on a subject they seem to have little knowledge of, without first garnering the facts of the matter!

23 hours ago, L2float said:

I’m afraid this company is going to run itself into the ground if they can’t correct their biggest flaw- poor customer service. We’re looking at other lines for our Europe cruises this summer. Maybe they need to stop building all of these new ships and learn how to run a business first. We really enjoyed our onboard experiences, but it’s really disappointing to read how they are willing to make good customers unhappy, or lose them completely, over these issues. They won’t have their cake and eat it, too, Bea, if we all start cruising elsewhere. 

It appears that MSC is not willing to honour the word of their ships' Captains when they ride rough-shod over what they offer their passengers onboard.  This is a sad indictment of the way the company is being run.

We may yet be finished with MSC after our next May cruise.  We would have cancelled it had we not had such a hefty deposit down due to flights being included.  We've lost all trust in the company.

MSC made an error in that there were a few passengers doing a longer cruise combined with the vast majority doing the 9night cruise. Giving everyone $100 obc and 20% off their cruise fare as a future cruise benefit was an exceptional gesture of goodwill.  But those doing the extended cruise should not test their goodwill beyond reason, 20% of the 9 day portion is a good deal by anyone’s standard.  

You'd be well-advised to get your facts straight before discussing this issue.  There is no 9 night cruise involved in this.

Nobody on that ship looked for compensation - it was offered in a letter from the captain which clearly stated a discount of 20% of the fare would be given.  MSC has reneged on that commitment.  That is the fact of the matter and your opinion won't change that!

12 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Nobody on that ship looked for compensation 

That’s exactly what it sounds like  !    
Don’t you believe that the MSC made an exceptional offer of goodwill, given that you only missed one port of call.   
So the Captain made an error in his letter, accept it and move on......, maybe next time MSC will be wise and refer to their T&C and offer nothing.

Regardless of the views of some posters that MSC was generous with the OBC and voucher, and I did think that the offer was generous, the problem is that MSC continually promises things and then either does not deliver or makes customers jump through hoops and waste hours on hold in order to get what is promised or to have errors corrected. Voyager  Club points not being credited, unknown room changes on cruises booked far in advance, never delivering meet and mingle photos, error messages when trying to submit cruise surveys to honor incredible employees, being told vouchers would be  emailed...and then not, being told you can't use a voucher for final payment and then being told that you can after you made final payment...but now you can't because you made final payment🙄, being given any wine you like in the main dining room with premium plus, but not in YC dining room, running out of every Premium plus beverage a passenger wanted on a single cruise, and so on. I think the whole voucher confusion has just pushed a few over the edge. The frustrations just may be too much to continue sailing with this line. We loved our MSC cruises and the onboard experience was good enough to keep bringing us back, however, the land side business is enough to make us start shopping around again. We just hope that MSC pays attention to the frustrations of its customers. Some of those posting on this thread about the 23 night issue are loyal consumers that should be treated with more respect. Some of their postings are responsible for others choosing MSC. Be good to your clients. It's just good  business. MSC will get back so much more than they give.Sorry for the rant and I know that I may get blasted, but I've spent nearly as many hours as I did on my last cruise trying to fix multiple problems after the trip. OK. That's an exaggeration, but it feels that way.

1 hour ago, Jossie1960 said:

MSC made an error in that there were a few passengers doing a longer cruise combined with the vast majority doing the 9night cruise. Giving everyone $100 obc and 20% off their cruise fare as a future cruise benefit was an exceptional gesture of goodwill.  But those doing the extended cruise should not test their goodwill beyond reason, 20% of the 9 day portion is a good deal by anyone’s standard.  

You may assume what you wish however the letter from the Captain was delivered to cabins/ suites stating the discount amount. As you obviously were not on the 23 or 13 night cruise please keep your opinions regarding any 9 night cruise you may have been on ( if in fact you were on Meraviglia ) to yourself instead of making defamatory comments 

Edited by emmas gran
Punctuation