Has Anyone Received 20% Refund Voucher for Missed Ocean Cay?

L2float

13 hours ago, camofwilliamsburg said:

You will never get the same agent. If you do, its a fluke. You cannot ask for any extensions, there are none.

Correct--there are no extensions for the agents who answer the phone, but they can connect you to a supervisor. Once I finally get an agent on the phone, the first thing I do is make sure they have my number in case we get disconnected. On my last call we did get disconnected, and she actually called me right back.  She also said that if I were to call back and someone else answered, that person would be able to transfer my call back to her if I asked for her by name.  Not so sure about that one....

It sounds like it all depends on who you get. I asked the last agent if I could give her my number and have her call back if the call was dropped, due to previous experiences, but she told me that they can’t do that!

I don’t recall if the post was on this thread or not, but I totally agree with someone who said to make sure you are satisfied with your booking when you book and don’t call to change anything, ever! Secret to a happy MSC cruise?

Received my voucher two weeks after disembarking the Meraviglia this past November; last week I tried to book a cruise with my TA, and it's been seven days and no word from MSC.  My TA said they won't charge me (deposit) until they get a invoice from MSC showing all charges and discounts.  I'm trying to be patient as I know the quirks of dealing with the Italian way of doing things, but at some point I might just give up and book with someone else.  

Anyone else having any success using your voucher for a new booking?

Enjoy!

Kel😀

5 hours ago, kelmac said:

Received my voucher two weeks after disembarking the Meraviglia this past November; last week I tried to book a cruise with my TA, and it's been seven days and no word from MSC.  My TA said they won't charge me (deposit) until they get a invoice from MSC showing all charges and discounts.  I'm trying to be patient as I know the quirks of dealing with the Italian way of doing things, but at some point I might just give up and book with someone else.  

Anyone else having any success using your voucher for a new booking?

Enjoy!

Kel😀

I always book through a big online TA, but bit the bullet and did it over the phone directly with MSC to get the discount.  

20 hours ago, EMc&DrS said:

I always book through a big online TA, but bit the bullet and did it over the phone directly with MSC to get the discount.  

I've booked over 60 cruises through my "email only" national TA with great success.  I'm not going to abandon them just because they have to deal with MSC.  If anyone can make it happen, it will be my team of Ray, Cy and Liz.  I tried to work with MSC onboard the Meraviglia, but not only could they not help me, they wanted to cancel my Black Card Status.  

The Saga continues!

Kel😉

Success!  After 3 phone calls I was able to have my 20% discount applied to a future cruise. Never did receive the elusive 'voucher'. First agent said it would be applied within 24 hours. Never happened. Today I gave 2nd agent the same information, she asked me to hold for 2-3 minutes (silent hold)- waited 30 minutes and then I hung up...  Called back, explained to the 3rd agent what I wanted, gave him the original Booking # of the cruise I missed Ocean Cay and the Booking # of one of my future cruises. He called a supervisor, all done within 5 minutes. Was told the Supervisor needed to verify the date of missing Ocean Cay. So it can be done (with some frustration). Try calling 1st thing in the morning Eastern time- just as they open.

15 minutes ago, Twinswithtwins said:

Success!  After 3 phone calls I was able to have my 20% discount applied to a future cruise. Never did receive the elusive 'voucher'. First agent said it would be applied within 24 hours. Never happened. Today I gave 2nd agent the same information, she asked me to hold for 2-3 minutes (silent hold)- waited 30 minutes and then I hung up...  Called back, explained to the 3rd agent what I wanted, gave him the original Booking # of the cruise I missed Ocean Cay and the Booking # of one of my future cruises. He called a supervisor, all done within 5 minutes. Was told the Supervisor needed to verify the date of missing Ocean Cay. So it can be done (with some frustration). Try calling 1st thing in the morning Eastern time- just as they open.

I’m so glad that it finally worked out for you! We’re still calling and waiting. 

50 minutes ago, Twinswithtwins said:

Its nice to see that it has worked for someone!  I have made 4 phone calls and emailed  the voucher twice.  Still no success. How long did it take to show up on your booking details online?  Was it before you got off phone with agent?  My final payment is in less than 2 weeks time is running out!

1 hour ago, cvvrn said:

Its nice to see that it has worked for someone!  I have made 4 phone calls and emailed  the voucher twice.  Still no success. How long did it take to show up on your booking details online?  Was it before you got off phone with agent?  My final payment is in less than 2 weeks time is running out!

Yes, credit appeared within 2 minutes. Good luck! It will happen while you are still on the phone. Don't let them tell you the 24 hour business... 

Hallelujah! After 7 weeks, 25 emails and phone calls...many of which were dropped, we finally had our ocean cay voucher applied! I called today and the first woman said that she had it taken care of. When I asked her for the amount of the voucher, the line went dead. I looked up my booking to see that they had credited me less than half of the amount expected. It turns out that they gave me 20% off the future cruise cost, not the original cruise. I called back. This woman misunderstood the voucher and thought I was only supposed to get $100.00, which was the amount of the OBC we were given on the original cruise. Now, they were going to give me even less money! Finally, I was able to explain the voucher and had them read the letter from the captain which stated it was 20% of the original cruise fare only. I received an email about 30 minutes later with a confirmation showing the correct price. I double checked online. It's all good! Why was this SO DIFFICULT?

Whatever will I do with all of my free time, now? Oh, I can start planning my cruise!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, L2float said:

Hallelujah! After 7 weeks, 25 emails and phone calls...many of which were dropped, we finally had our ocean cay voucher applied! I called today and the first woman said that she had it taken care of. When I asked her for the amount of the voucher, the line went dead. I looked up my booking to see that they had credited me less than half of the amount expected. It turns out that they gave me 20% off the future cruise cost, not the original cruise. I called back. This woman misunderstood the voucher and thought I was only supposed to get $100.00, which was the amount of the OBC we were given on the original cruise. Now, they were going to give me even less money! Finally, I was able to explain the voucher and had them read the letter from the captain which stated it was 20% of the original cruise fare only. I received an email about 30 minutes later with a confirmation showing the correct price. I double checked online. It's all good! Why was this SO DIFFICULT?

Whatever will I do with all of my free time, now? Oh, I can start planning my cruise!

I think a big Congratulations is in order for your perseverance , as I previously told you they reduced our voucher value by £300 but we took it

Liz

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

I think a big Congratulations is in order for your perseverance , as I previously told you they reduced our voucher value by £300 but we took it

Liz

Totally agree!  Well done, L2f for your perseverance.  We're keeping our options open 'til next October (when the offer ceases for us) before deciding whether to avail of what MSC has considered is our discount.

We have a cruise on Musica in May (hefty deposit due to flights included, which we're not prepared to walk away from, so not cancelling it) which we look forward to, but don't intend to do the one we're currently booked on in September.  We're putting our money where our mouths are on that one!  For the sake of a few hundred Euro, MSC will be losing the thousands that that cruise would have cost us (and, perhaps, the thousands we may have spent on a cruise we would have booked with the full 20% discount we should have received initially, had they honoured their Meraviglia captain's offer).

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, L2float said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Thanks everyone. It's kind of funny. It feels like I have won an Olympic sporting event! I'm with Bea when it comes to shopping around. We, too, are stuck with our summer Med. cruises as we have also purchased nonrefundable flights and booked hotel rooms. I'm also saddled with a September sailing in the Caribbean, as I have family flying to Miami to meet us on that trip. I know the on-board experience will be great. I'm committed to not calling to change ANYTHING on these booked sailings. No more headaches! It stinks that they won't allow us to upgrade to Premium Plus in YC in March, but I just can't call back. I'll drink Bud Light if it means not contacting MSC by phone. After September...we're ready to explore other waters...or even lands! We will reach Diamond this summer. Wish the perks were worth the work. I really hope MSC improves their customer service. I want to stay!

• Like 1

Good to hear you finally got there in the end, it is ridiculous that you have had to do all the running around in order to get what you were promised.
We were not impressed with Meraviglia at Xmas or the food in the MDR and are in no rush to book anything with them, we have until January 2023 to book another cruise.

39 minutes ago, sidari said:

Good to hear you finally got there in the end, it is ridiculous that you have had to do all the running around in order to get what you were promised.
We were not impressed with Meraviglia at Xmas or the food in the MDR and are in no rush to book anything with them, we have until January 2023 to book another cruise.

Isn’t that the truth for all of us!

My husband retired last year and we had stashed away for some travel this year. If I had t planned all of our trips last year, I would have waited it out. Maybe by the time you cash in, they’ll know what they’re doing! Lol! Ok. Maybe not.