luggage tags\gty room

10 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

This is the first time I have ever done a gty room since we are taking a short (cheap) cruise this month. What do I put on my luggage tags? I don't know the room or even the deck.

TIA

When is your cruise?  You may still have enough time to get your assignment beforehand. 

If not, the porters at the pier can tag your luggage. They will have your number. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

When is your cruise?  You may still have enough time to get your assignment beforehand. 

If not, the porters at the pier can tag your luggage. They will have your number. 

it is the 19th. I guess I can call to find out also?

I've had a cabin change 3 times from the time we got out of the cab, waited to check in, and finally got changed again before climbing aboard.  I just kept checking at the original cabin doors for our luggage.  No big deal, but you've got plenty time!

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, biomedbob said:

I've had a cabin change 3 times from the time we got out of the cab, waited to check in, and finally got changed again before climbing aboard.  I just kept checking at the original cabin doors for our luggage.  No big deal, but you've got plenty time!

You have application downloaded and you will see your room by the time you are at pier.

Ask porter to provide blank (but real) luggage tags and he will put your name and cabin #.

We do this all the time GTY or not. In all ports.