RECENTLY RETURNED FROM KONINGSDAM 11 NIGHT CRUISE

Rick-n-MeMe

My pleasure Deeni Encinitas. We did have one ottoman that tucked under the chair. Would have loved two but we were thankful for the one as it got used every day. We are voracious readers so spent quite a bit of time out on the balcony. 

Edited by Rick-n-MeMe
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rick-n-MeMe said:

My pleasure Deeni Encinitas. We did have one ottoman that tucked under the chair. Would have loved two but we were thankful for the one as it got used every day. We are voracious readers so spent quite a bit of time out on the balcony. 

Glad at least you had one!!!!! I would of asked your steward to get you another. 
Wonderful pictures! Tamarind is one of our all time favorites! Another poster said 

great hot wings from 9-12 just asking where? Much appreciated for your writings!

Thank you

Denise😊

• Like 1

We did go to Grand Dutch Cafe one day for a double cappuccino but that’s it. We much prefer the Cafe goodies on Princess and Celebrity. 

We went to the NY Pizza place once for a salad and the Rueben. Sandwich was very small and salad’s lettuce wasn’t fresh.  We didn’t feel the 15-20 minute wait was worth it. We were told 25 minutes for the pizza and from what we saw on nearby tables, we didn’t miss too much.  We did have a gelato also and that was very tasty although pricey for the waffle cone.

20 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Glad at least you had one!!!!! I would of asked your steward to get you another. 
Wonderful pictures! Tamarind is one of our all time favorites! Another poster said 

great hot wings from 9-12 just asking where? Much appreciated for your writings!

Thank you

Denise😊

Denise,  the wings are served at the NY Pizza.  They have a few items they only serve as "movie" snacks from 9:00 to 12:00PM.  

Jim

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rick-n-MeMe said:

Club Orange on the Koningsdam.  We preferred the regular tables over the high bar seating tables. 

Funny how we’re all different.  I thought the high-tops were going to be painful or awkward but they turned out to be our favorite.

29 minutes ago, jbecker6469 said:

Denise,  the wings are served at the NY Pizza.  They have a few items they only serve as "movie" snacks from 9:00 to 12:00PM.  

Jim

Thanks Jim!

appreciate your response!

Sitting under the stars watching a movie with drinks sound good to me! 
Denise😊

2 hours ago, Rick-n-MeMe said:

I'm enjoying your review, as we were on the K for 26 days (we disembarked the day you embarked).  We asked our stewards for a 2nd ottoman and got it.  It became obvious to me that if you ask you can get it, but otherwise I think they hope you won't care/notice.

Thanks for your review.  Potato salad (delicious) is available at NY Deli.  For the Reuben, did you ask for extra meat?  It becomes a fabulous sandwich if you do.  If not, the little bit of meat gets lost between the slices of bread.  If you didn't partake of any of the free goodies at the Grand Dutch Café, you missed a great opportunity.  Marvelous, tasty Dutch treats, that even my picky son pronounced "the best."  

The burgers, hot dogs, and fries, as you pointed out, are available at Dive-In.  Well worth the wait, but we've discovered if we go earlier or later, the wait is manageable, not many people.  

You would probably be happier with a cabin on Deck 4.  Because the ship juts out a little on this deck, the balconies are wider, and some of the cabins on this deck have oversized balconies with decent covering.  You might enjoy one of those more, a lot of bang for the bucks. 

16 hours ago, Rick-n-MeMe said:

We just returned from our Koningsdam cruise Sunday, November 24.  The cruise was 11 nights and left Fort Lauderdale on November 13th... 

·        Balcony was only partially covered and suffered from soot more days than not. Wasn’t properly cleaned most of the time.

·       

They're still using high sulfur fuel, contrary to what some of the PR people claim!

Edited by HappyInVan
  • Like 1

club orange is there because there will always be people who must have more - better- separate from the masses - or maybe they just have money and don't know what to spend it on - Can't imagine needing more than what HAL already provides and certainly won't pay for separation but to each his own.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, esimon said:

club orange is there because there will always be people who must have more - better- separate from the masses - or maybe they just have money and don't know what to spend it on - Can't imagine needing more than what HAL already provides and certainly won't pay for separation but to each his own.  

I appreciate the Club Orange dining room because it provides a more intimate venue.  I do not like the crowds in the Lido and the huge MDR with its loud noises and mediocre service.  It has nothing to do with elitism or mass quantities of money.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I appreciate the Club Orange dining room because it provides a more intimate venue.  I do not like the crowds in the Lido and the huge MDR with its loud noises and mediocre service.  It has nothing to do with elitism or mass quantities of money.

And I find the dining room service fine - and the busy dining room is cruising to me -  so I think you may be the exception to the rule -- but it is quite expensive - for what ever you get .  

14 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

We asked when was the best time to arrive when they weren’t flooded with people and went during those times.  Worked great!

Same here. We like to eat early which turned out great for prompt and excellent service. 

18 minutes ago, esimon said:

And I find the dining room service fine - and the busy dining room is cruising to me -  so I think you may be the exception to the rule -- but it is quite expensive - for what ever you get .  

And yet I don’t feel the need to belittle you for that.

• Like 2