What does Carnival do to a ship when they upgrade it?

1st4our25th

14 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I can think of several hotels that have not changed their mattresses in 15+ years and a couple that are even using mattresses from their previous hotel brands prior to being re-flagged. I wouldn’t expect Carnival to replace mattresses frequently at all.

I went looking for the details but could not find them.  Currently flying south so the response time on queries is less than optimal.  If I find it I will post it, but it is not all that important.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I can think of several hotels that have not changed their mattresses in 15+ years and a couple that are even using mattresses from their previous hotel brands prior to being re-flagged. I wouldn’t expect Carnival to replace mattresses frequently at all.

I would not expect that either, question was asked if they did new bedding on upgrade.

43 minutes ago, jmcathome said:

I would not expect that either, question was asked if they did new bedding on upgrade.

As I understand it the mattresses onboard are changed out on a rotational basis, with only a certain percentage being changed at any one time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I would expect that the mattresses in a hotel have a longer life than the mattresses used onboard a ship. 

2 hours ago, jmcathome said:
11 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I didn't figure they frequently replaced mattresses, wasn't sure they would even do it with a refurb unless they were extremely worn. I was more talking about the sheets, covers, etc. when I mentioned bedding. Just curious how "new" the ship is going to be. We will not be on her until April 2021 so I know things won't be exactly like on the first sailings, but I would still expect things to be fresher than an older ship that has not been updated in a while.