Room Service question?

PekingeseLady

Hello everyone. 

So I've been on quite a few Carnival cruises.  The most current was last December.  We then had both free (included) and for a fee ($) food available on the room service menu.

We are getting ready to sail on the Panorama on Jan. 4th and Jan. 11th.  On one of my roll calls someone has posted the new room service menu.  Everything was for a fee ($)!!!  Is this right?  No free (included) room service anymore?  If true this is a real bummer.  I love me some FREE room service.

I did do a search first, but the first couple pages didn't have what i was looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Happy Sailing!!!  

5 minutes ago, PekingeseLady said:

Hello everyone. 

So I've been on quite a few Carnival cruises.  The most current was last December.  We then had both free (included) and for a fee ($) food available on the room service menu.

We are getting ready to sail on the Panorama on Jan. 4th and Jan. 11th.  On one of my roll calls someone has posted the new room service menu.  Everything was for a fee ($)!!!  Is this right?  No free (included) room service anymore?  If true this is a real bummer.  I love me some FREE room service.

I did do a search first, but the first couple pages didn't have what i was looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Happy Sailing!!!  

AFAIK, that was announced and then rolled back, due to push back.  I am not aware of that currently in use, but maybe I missed a new announcement.

5 minutes ago, MT_Sea_Cruisers said:

According to Carnival's website, it is the same  with free options and "a little $ for a lot of Yummy" options

(https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/24-hour-room-service)

image.png.ae1ea1d3ef8d9fa32d5d9e615a2fde8c.png

image.png.c54d0255f6607eaa900d25b1d59eedc3.png

Oh yes, this is the same one we had.  On my Roll call, its basicly the same menu, but everything has a fee.

Thank you both for your quick reply!!!  I guess they decided to keep some free items.  I noticed on the roll call it was posted back in June, they must have gotten a bunch of back lash, LOL

• Like 1

That's exactly what happened.  People went crazy and there was a lo of public push-back and commentary.  Shortly after they announced that, John Heald posted on his Carnival Facebook page that the new changes would not be going into affect.  

My last cruise on Carnival was this past September and we had the menu which is posted on Carnival's website currently.  My favorite thing to order is the BLT so we never ordered off the side where items have a fee.   

3 hours ago, PekingeseLady said:

Hello everyone. 

Thanks in advance.

Happy Sailing!!!  

On our most recent cruise, which was over the 4th of July, we found both. There were some items that were freem, and some items that you paid for. For instance, you could still get coffee, danish, fruit in the morning for free. But certain items like pizza had a fee. Especially late at night. In either case, I tipped a buck or two to the steward. 

3 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Don't forget that the continental breakfast delivered by room service is still free.  It has a different menu.

Does anyone have a picture of the door hanger. 

I've done a search, but to no avail.  Seems like I used to have a lot better luck searching.  Oh well.

23 minutes ago, PekingeseLady said:

Does anyone have a picture of the door hanger. 

I've done a search, but to no avail.  Seems like I used to have a lot better luck searching.  Oh well.

check zydecocruiser. I just Googled and some came up on Pinterest but dunno if they are supper current. Don't think it really changes much. Here is one from Googling (again, dunno how current):

Image result for carnival breakfast room service door hanger menu

Edited by amyotravel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cruised on November 14 on Valor. I ordered continental room service for morning delivery every day - an devery day it was wrong.

We ordered room service every night but one and there was a charge. We eat 6 and then hit all the entertainment and get back to the room around 1 am and need a snack. I found a great option was to use the hub to have the $5 pizza delivered to me where ever I was on the ship!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ricew001 said:

I cruised on November 14 on Valor. I ordered continental room service for morning delivery every day - an devery day it was wrong.

This happened to us, too! Different week and different ship. It became like a game just to see what would show up. As long as I got something in my stomach and coffee I was OK. Sometimes got lots of cream, sometimes barely any!! Sometimes juice, sometimes not. Sometimes 4 croissants when ordered two, or pastry instead of croissants. No rhyme or reason. Maybe trying to imply you get what you pay for hahaha so you might try the pay side later!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 4:15 PM, ricew001 said:

I found a great option was to use the hub to have the $5 pizza delivered to me where ever I was on the ship!

Wait.... what???  Was doing some digging to find room service fees and came across this comment.  Last time we cruised I used to leave the piano bar about 11ish and go stand in the incredibly long line and bring back multiple plates to the majority of the crowd in the piano bar and it was gone in a flash.  Can someone shed some more light on the $5 pizza option?  Based on this seems like it can be delivered to the piano bar?  Certain hours?  Any idea what size (like just a small personal 6" or is it shareable with someone)?  This really has me interested because the convenience fee of $5 to not have to go stand in line and hope for whatever toppings might be available is really appealing!

On 12/4/2019 at 12:31 PM, amyotravel said:

check zydecocruiser. I just Googled and some came up on Pinterest but dunno if they are supper current. Don't think it really changes much. Here is one from Googling (again, dunno how current):

Image result for carnival breakfast room service door hanger menu

Every morning, it's our wake up knock, coffee, juice, fruit, and danish. We mostly got what we ordered, once there was no sugar, maybe I did not check it off. I grabbed a handful next time we went to the buffet and stashed them in the cabin, just in case. 

15 hours ago, jdcml said:

Wait.... what???  Was doing some digging to find room service fees and came across this comment.  Last time we cruised I used to leave the piano bar about 11ish and go stand in the incredibly long line and bring back multiple plates to the majority of the crowd in the piano bar and it was gone in a flash.  Can someone shed some more light on the $5 pizza option?  Based on this seems like it can be delivered to the piano bar?  Certain hours?  Any idea what size (like just a small personal 6" or is it shareable with someone)?  This really has me interested because the convenience fee of $5 to not have to go stand in line and hope for whatever toppings might be available is really appealing!

yes the $5 charge is all you have to pay for pizza delivery anywhere you want it on the ship and there were plenty of sizes and options to choose from. I'm pretty sure the option for delivery was 24 hours - I know I had mine around midnight.

17 hours ago, coevan said:

Every morning, it's our wake up knock, coffee, juice, fruit, and danish. We mostly got what we ordered, once there was no sugar, maybe I did not check it off. I grabbed a handful next time we went to the buffet and stashed them in the cabin, just in case. 

there is no more smoke salmon on the breakfast menu. you can get it in the main dining room at breakfast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ricew001 said:

yes the $5 charge is all you have to pay for pizza delivery anywhere you want it on the ship and there were plenty of sizes and options to choose from. I'm pretty sure the option for delivery was 24 hours - I know I had mine around midnight.

Same for us on the Vista. My husband used it several times.

52 minutes ago, linbobky said:

there is no more smoke salmon on the breakfast menu. you can get it in the main dining room at breakfast.

I never mentioned smoked salmon. However I have written smoked salmon on the door hanger, ordered a bagel and cream cheese and smoked salmon appeared on my tray.

On 1/2/2020 at 12:05 PM, coevan said:

I never mentioned smoked salmon. However I have written smoked salmon on the door hanger, ordered a bagel and cream cheese and smoked salmon appeared on my tray.

you didn't mention smoked salmon, but it is on the menu you showed!