Fort Lauderdale port parking

lefy

I'm going on Celebrity Equinox next this week & am planning on parking at the port. I have a few questions about parking at Port Everglades. 

Is it easy getting there from I95?

Does anyone know what terminal we'll be leaving out of?

Will I have to worry about finding a place to park? 

Do you park first & take your luggage or do you drop your luggage fist & then park?

Thanks for any help

Having just parked there last week, I can shed some light.

Is it easy getting there from I95?

We thought it was pretty easy. I95 to I595 E.

Will I have to worry about finding a place to park?

We were asked by X to arrive later because the ship was going through extra inspections.  So we got there at around 12 and there were no spaces in the covered parking area.  Next time we will plan on getting there at around 10-10:30 like we usually do regardless of what they suggest.

Do you park first & take your luggage or do you drop your luggage fist & then park?

Drop off your luggage first and when you return there is an area where you can wait with your luggage while the other gets the car.

We've avoided paying the ridiculous charges to park our car at the port.

But after years of getting off of the cruise and calling the hotel or parking lot or fill-in-the-blank to come pick us up and waiting and waiting for a vehicle that we may or may not even recognize, we've had it.  I'm frugal but enough is enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Muushka said:

We've avoided paying the ridiculous charges to park our car at the port.

But after years of getting off of the cruise and calling the hotel or parking lot or fill-in-the-blank to come pick us up and waiting and waiting for a vehicle that we may or may not even recognize, we've had it.  I'm frugal but enough is enough.

I will say that after multiple cruises out of Port Everglades, Our experience with Park and Go has been exceptional in all aspects.  I am sorry your experiences have not been so good.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 1:19 PM, Woodiver said:

Park N Go, drop off your bags at the port and take the shuttle back to the port. Pay on line before, much better price $8 per night last time. Always use Park N Go for FFL or cruises out of Lauderdale

I never thought about dropping bags off at port first...then parking...

Well everything went well,

I decided to park at the port & it was pretty easy. No problem getting a spot, we got there a few minutes before 11:00.

The cost was $105.00 for seven days which was a lot cheaper than port of Miami which was $154.00 for the same time period. 

We always used to park off site & shuttle in but like Muuska, I got tired of waiting for a pickup after getting off the ship.The problem with the terminal 25 where we left out of is that the parking garage was quite a ways away. It's probably about a block or so walk when you get off the ship with your luggage.   

31 minutes ago, Signal9 said:

I never thought about dropping bags off at port first...then parking...

I am about to start doing that, especially because as lefy mentions above, sometimes the terminal is a ways from the garage. Or at least the luggage drop off is. 😉

Another vote for ParkNGo...never a problem.  Shuttle from the lot to the terminal is ship specific, so no intermediate stops for others to get off or on when we are focused on getting to our ship.  Luggage rides with us on the shuttle so we don't have to make a special trip, clearing CBP screening, to drop off our bags and then find a parking place.

Prepaying, we have paid $100. for our 10 day Princess cruise in January.  It's actually 8.99/day plus tax, etc.

Only thing...sometimes the monkeys are out, hanging on the lot fences...other times they are elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Ittapnorth said:

I’m confused about park n go. One site says valet only and shuttle over, and the other says park your own and shuttle over. The prices are about $3 different  They both say park n go, but the websites are different. Can anybody help?? 

Every time I have used Park n Go, I have pulled the car under a canopy.  They helped put our luggage on the shuttle and they Valet parked my car while we rode the shuttle to the pier.  I booked early on the Park n Go web site.

18 hours ago, Ittapnorth said:

I’m confused about park n go. One site says valet only and shuttle over, and the other says park your own and shuttle over. The prices are about $3 different  They both say park n go, but the websites are different. Can anybody help?? 

There is more than one.

The one at PE is bookparkngo.com

• 2 weeks later...

We’ve used the Ellen Drive Park N Go several times in the past, and the rate has always been around $9/day, as PPs have said. When I just tried to book it for our cruise on Sunday, it came up as $13.50. Did the rates increase?  For that price, would it just be easier to park at the pier?

Edited by NewSalt

16 minutes ago, NewSalt said:

We’ve used the Ellen Drive Park N Go several times in the past, and the rate has always been around $9/day, as PPs have said. When I just tried to book it for our cruise on Sunday, it came up as $13.50. Did the rates increase?  For that price, would it just be easier to park at the pier?

Parking at the port is $15 per day.  I've read that you save the most at Park N Go the further in advance you make your reservation.  For an extra $1.50 day I'd park at the port for the extra convenience.

Edited by capriccio

We just park at the port for the convenience.  It's not as expensive as Miami and there is always plenty of parking.  Celebrity uses the midport garage, which is just a few steps from their nice new terminal.

I will say, however, that I always see Park N Go shuttles well represented.  I have no idea how long they wait to fill up or how they work, but I do see them there.  I would park there with confidence that you won't be stranded, at least.