VIP Tour Around Australia how to see Perth

There are about 60+ of us on the ViP tour from OnlineVacationCenter.  We will have to get off and get back on.  Last time we did this we were in the same port twice so just following the group was fine and easy.  This time we will have one day and I would like to tour.  How can we do this?

I echo Mic's welcome and I'm also a little confused about the post.  I think you're asking about tours in Perth?  Perhaps if you can add some clarifying information to your query we can be of some assistance.

I guess this is a case where Google is your friend.

https://www.westernaustralia.com/en/things_to_do/must_do_and_top_10/pages/top_10_free_things_to_do_in_perth.aspx#/

There are three car rentals near the dock at Fremantle, about 5 - 10 minute walk from there,

No Birds, Europcar and Avis. There are others further away.

Tours of the old Fremantle jail get good reports although I haven't been there myself but it's on my list next time I'm over that way. The jail featured in an episode of The Amazing Race a few years ago.

https://fremantleprison.com.au/?gclid=CjwKCAiAxMLvBRBNEiwAKhr-nFXc0rdGIKb977JeApE5aZyUwSa2KxG9eZGYB0S7nO_45zleLnJBbBoCRUAQAvD_BwE

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g285726-d319394-r167370081-Fremantle_Prison-Fremantle_Greater_Perth_Western_Australia.html

Edited by lyndarra
added another link

20 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Don’t miss theMatitime museum either all of these are Fremantle, where you dock, Perth itself is a fair distance.

Next time I am there planning on heading to Rottnest Island

Likewise but would need more than half a day for that.

The Round House is a gaol like structure used at one time to accommodate convicts an conduct executions. It is not a fort, but can be mistaken for a small one. It is worth a visit and will take about 30 -45 minutes of your time. It is about  a 10 minute walk from the Maritime museum where you can spend as much time as your interest in things maritime allows.

The old Fremantle gaol, a Victorian monument to man's inhumanity to man, is also nearby, about a 15 minute walk away from the museum, which walk will take you past the old Fremantle markets, only open Friday and weekends, but interesting and handy for souvenirs, trinkets and food on the go.

I recommend the gaol, and if you are not claustrophobic, a visit to the underground water cisterns and tunnels underneath, which extend for quite a while.

From the gaol, a 10 minute walk will take you to the top of Monument Hill which apart from the obvious, gives you panoramic views of the harbour, the city and the surrounds, up to the Ranges some 30 kilometers to the East. 

The Round House is a 20 minute walk (max) from where the ship will berth, and it is a 20 minute walk from the monument to the ship.

Allow a couple of hours at the Gaol at least, and half an hour at the monument, with perhaps an hour or so at the markets.

THE CBD is 5 minutes walk from the Round House and the Town Hall and the Cappuccino strip are worth a visit without taking you too far out of your way. 

If your interest lies in early to mid Victorian architecture, the west end of Fremantle near the Round house is a must.

If you only have a day in Fremantle, then you won't be able to do Perth as well with sufficient time to do it justice.

The Old Lunatic Asylum, on the way back to the ship from the Monument, and now some sort of cultural centre,  is deserving of a quick look at an appalling chapter of Western Australian history, and a coffee or drink.

There are pubs and bars all over Fremantle, as well as cafes, restaurants and food halls, as others have, or probably will, mention.

I've just noticed you will only be in port for half a day. You will have to prioritise then!

There is a free special bus service which will take you around the town, and it is regular but not that frequent. If timing is critical you will need to look up the time table from the internet. It is called the Fremantle Cat Bus.

12 hours ago, Obilix said:

I've just noticed you will only be in port for half a day. You will have to prioritise then!

There is a free special bus service which will take you around the town, and it is regular but not that frequent. If timing is critical you will need to look up the time table from the internet. It is called the Fremantle Cat Bus.

Yes, we used the CAT Bus when we were there earlier this year.