Grinch onboard Coral Princess!

Wickets

On 12/11/2019 at 2:25 PM, Daniel A said:

Maybe if you have a photo of the decoration you could share it with security and have them ask the stewards and room service folks keep an eye out for it.  I'd bet the stewards would have a good idea of what's in cabins.

If I found my room steward going through my stuff I'd be livid and he'd get fired. I do agree that security could do a walk through of all decks to see if the decoration is on  some's door where it doesn't belong. 

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 1

I have heard numerous times … kinda hard to miss the loud conversations going on around me as they are meant to be heard by others … that anything remotely religious is offensive and they'll **** it up to prove just how much it offends them.

And sorry to say, just because Princess tends to be a little more upscale than some of the other lines, they still have their share of drunks that stay out till the bars close then get a stray hair and do stupid stuff.  And then there are those that simply want to make other people aware of how miserable they themselves are, or are out for "revenge" for some imagined slight.

• Like 1

Curious ...

When one goes to a hotel or resort,  near or during holidays and celebrations ...

Does one festoon one's  balconies or the outside of one's room door?

Further ...

Does anyone really believe Security and staff don't have other priorities? 

Edited by pms4104
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

If I found my room steward going through my stuff I'd be livid and he'd get fired. I do agree that security could do a walk through of all decks to see if the decoration is on  some's door where it doesn't belong. 

Nobody suggested that Steward rummage through people's stuff looking for the decoration.  By the same token they don't wear blindfolds when they clean your cabin.  Closets don't have doors and some thieves are dumb enough to hang the decoration on their own wall.  It just might be helpful to OP if Steward knew what the stolen decoration looks like.

1 hour ago, pms4104 said:

When one goes to a hotel or resort,  near or during holidays and celebrations ...

Further ...

Bah….Humbug....

59 minutes ago, I Love Cruising 3 said:

I think they have a special division dedicated to look for stolen door decorations. 😉 LOL😄

I don't think they do either.  I also think security's job is to keep an eye out for stolen property.  They can't recognize what's stolen if they don't know what it looks like. :classic_wacko:

It's not like I suggested that Captain Queeg commence a search for the stolen strawberries...

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, pablo222 said:

And, you can watch your last video -- as someone walks up and steals your doorbell camera.

I'm wondering how long before that happens.

Is the doorbell the complete system or are there other components inside the home to work with the unit?

If it's a standalone unit it wouldn't take long to rip it off the wall.

With a disguise of course. 👹

12 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Ring has a special screw so they can't easily tamper with it.  Could someone pry it off the wall, sure, but they are on video, so there is that. 

I was thinking along the line of a pry bar or large screwdriver. If no one is home by the time they can do much about it the unit would be gone. 

DASCO PRO Pry Bar Set,  Small,  3 Pcs

I think a better solution would be just a monitor camera or mounting it up high where it can't be easily be reached without a ladder.

Besides that there now hacking into the ring system to gain access to your complete network including you computer. You can't win. 

43 minutes ago, I Love Cruising 3 said:

With a disguise of course. 👹

I would wear a hoodie and mirrored sunglasses. 

That worked for Ted Kazinsky for 20 years.

I don't have a brother, so there is no one to rat me out...

On the other hand, as a Friend of Jeff B, if I wanted a ring doorbell camera, I would just order one and have it in a day or two...

Hey guys when I said Ring will prosper it was tongue in cheek. If the day comes that I need a ring door bell on a cruise ship I'll be done cruising.  I believe on the whole that cruisers are honest folks on a vacation and these petty crimes are the exception not the norm. Many years ago a fanny pack left in the theatre was never turned in so I know first hand not everyone is going to do the right thing but ya gotta keep faith that most people are good. 

1 minute ago, cruzsnooze said:

Hey guys when I said Ring will prosper it was tongue in cheek. If the day comes that I need a ring door bell on a cruise ship I'll be done cruising.  I believe on the whole that cruisers are honest folks on a vacation and these petty crimes are the exception not the norm. Many years ago a fanny pack left in the theatre was never turned in so I know first hand not everyone is going to do the right thing but ya gotta keep faith that most people are good. 

Fortunately for the most part they are honest. I've even had someone turn in a microchip I lost with my photo's on it. 😄

They could have easily kept the $30 card & never said a word.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Curious ...

Further ...

Yes I have seen that!  Michigan basketball banners!

I once had a few Hawaiian lei's stolen that were decorating the door of my cabin.  Cheap little plastic lei's and one that was a give away from Hilo Hatti's on the island.

So, I don't decorate the door anymore.  Simple as that.

I also can't understand someone who can afford a cruise, that would do something like taking a door decoration!  

• Like 1

The only time I've ever decorated doors, it was with something no one would want. The cruise encompassed our son's 23rd birthday, Hubby's 54th, and Fathers Day. Before leaving home, I printed out a dozen or so cute Happy Birthday* and Father's Day graphics and I attached them to the appropriate doors on the appropriate days with looped blue painters tape, so there would be no residue. It was fun.

*My favorite of these was a dancing sandwich with the caption "It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!" We are frequently RVing on Hubby's birthday, and it's often a long travel day, so his "special" birthday meal has been a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while driving more times than we'd like to admit. 

We don't so much "decorate" our door as much as mark with something bold so that my husband can find the cabin easier when I'm not with him. His vision isn't great, so anything to make it a bit easier for him is helpful. Our "decoration" for our next cruise is a tie-dye sheet of scrapbook paper with our initials in silver glitter.  If someone really wants it, I'm out about $3, and hubby has to actually look at door numbers.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

I once had a few Hawaiian lei's stolen that were decorating the door of my cabin.  Cheap little plastic lei's and one that was a give away from Hilo Hatti's on the island.

So, I don't decorate the door anymore.  Simple as that.

I also can't understand someone who can afford a cruise, that would do something like taking a door decoration!  

OK...I am knocking on wood right now...three times...I have had a Lei that is our cruise lei.  It is what this world is coming to.  I am not happy.  I just can't get it around my head why anyone would do that.  I never thought of it until this post.

Sort of like I returned something to Home Depot.  They were weighing it.  I asked what they were doing...they said some people replace the item with rocks of the same weight.  OMG...REALLY!!

• Haha 1

A few years back our Christmas door decoration was taken.  I saw it two days later on an elderly ladies motorized scooter.  She was so happy with it.  I didn't say anything.  Someone probably stole it and gave it to her.  I will put another decoration on my door this Christmas.  Our room is at the elevator bank.  I expect it to be stolen and will replace it with one that says "santa sees everything."  I expect that it will get taken as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There weren't any Grinches or door thieves on our cruise on the Regal last week.   We had a great time! But, I did notice so many examples of people who were just really rude and self centered!  I wonder if this is getting worse.  Now I think I know what people are talking about when they mention those-people.  So awful!!!