NCL Getaway OR RC Majesty? Which one?

Canchsr

I have been on over 10 cruises, Celebrity, RC and Carnival.  My friend( 1st time cruiser)  and I are planning on leaving out of New Orleans Feb/Mar.  The ports of call aren't as important to us and the actually ship.  Opinions on NCL Getaway and/or RC Majesty.  Trying to decide which one to book.  Getaway is huge and Majesty is smaller and older.  Give me some thoughts....Thanks!

I've sailed the Getaway/Breakaway class  and they are nice ships.  I wouldn't book the Majesty, just too old.  NCL has some different cruising traditions with anytime dining that you can pre-arrange a set time for, to lots of options for entertainment.

Edited by evandbob

We've sailed the Getaway twice; same exact route since the second one we were on a birthday cruise with my sisters.  They were cruise newbies; we have sailed three times now with them and they liked the Getaway cruise better than Celebrity or Princess.

Great entertainment, they loved the Mojito bar and the food was very good, especially since we ate at several specialty restaurants, having a lot of OBC to use up.

The MIllion Dollar Quartet is an absolutely fantastic show!  We'd definitely sail on the Getaway again.

Cannot compare with the Majesty as we have not sailed on her.

There is no comparison here. Majesty is one of RCI’s oldest ship classes and her sister ships have already been sold off. Getaway is part of NCL’s newest ship design. 

One big disadvantage to Getaway is it’s the most crowded feeling ship I’ve ever sailed. It’s awful, and the pool space is a joke. Also, RCI service and food tends to be better than NCL. But otherwise, it’s a superior ship in every other way.