Fly2fun

minnieiowa

24 minutes ago, minnieiowa said:

Has anyone had any luck purchasing airfare through the Fly2fun program?  Trying to book flights for a TA cruise next year andCarnival pricing Is outrageous.  Just wondering  what experiences anyone else may have had 

We have used it and found great success.  If you can give some additional detail, it might help.   

10 hours ago, minnieiowa said:

Has anyone had any luck purchasing airfare through the Fly2fun program?  Trying to book flights for a TA cruise next year andCarnival pricing Is outrageous.  Just wondering  what experiences anyone else may have had 

What do you mean by luck?  We booked our flights for our upcoming march '20 cruise through fly2fun.  We had 4 rooms booked 3 different ways (2 different TA's, and a pvp).  We all called in and got it taken care of pretty simply.  The price was about 10% more than the quoted price from Delta, but we were able to use carnival gift cards that we got for 10% off, negating the price difference.  We also got to pick our seats immediately, even though the rate from Delta did not allow for that.  Add in the guarantee, free changes, and delayed payment, and it was overall a no-brainer to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rukkian said:

What do you mean by luck?  We booked our flights for our upcoming march '20 cruise through fly2fun.  We had 4 rooms booked 3 different ways (2 different TA's, and a pvp).  We all called in and got it taken care of pretty simply.  The price was about 10% more than the quoted price from Delta, but we were able to use carnival gift cards that we got for 10% off, negating the price difference.  We also got to pick our seats immediately, even though the rate from Delta did not allow for that.  Add in the guarantee, free changes, and delayed payment, and it was overall a no-brainer to me.

Thank you for posting this as this is the exact same dilemma we are in!  We aren't even sure what if the price is comparable but we had eliminated the option only because Carnival's website states "Although Carnival will share your requests for flight seat assignments, dietary restrictions and special assistance with your airline, we can’t guarantee that the airline will honor them. To make sure you get what you need, we recommend you (or your travel agent) contact the airline directly for confirmation."

We have children so we wanted to make sure that we could pick our seats together.  Are your seats confirmed and did you have to call Delta afterwards?

Thank you in advance!!

I used it on my upcoming cruise and the price was about $100 less per person than booking myself and I also got to pick my seats when we booked. As mentioned above you also get price protection until final payment so in my case it was a good deal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bmar808 said:

Thank you for posting this as this is the exact same dilemma we are in!  We aren't even sure what if the price is comparable but we had eliminated the option only because Carnival's website states "Although Carnival will share your requests for flight seat assignments, dietary restrictions and special assistance with your airline, we can’t guarantee that the airline will honor them. To make sure you get what you need, we recommend you (or your travel agent) contact the airline directly for confirmation."

We have children so we wanted to make sure that we could pick our seats together.  Are your seats confirmed and did you have to call Delta afterwards?

Thank you in advance!!

My seats with American were assigned; however, it is an easy process to go onto aa.com and change seats.  They were assigned next to each other.  In fact, when I booked, she was able to see the seat assignments and asked me if the seats she was selecting were okay.  

Edited by Schoifmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bmar808 said:

Thank you in advance!!

As soon as I got the confirmation from my ta, I went to Delta's site and put in the flight info and my name and was able to see, and change seats as wanted.  They actually put two of ours together in am exit row, which is normally an upcharge, so I left those alone.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rukkian said:

Well same flight I can book myself for $866 per person Carnival came back  with over $11000 for 2 people lol.  You mentioned you booked thru travel agent   Did you have To go thru your travel agent to get the flights or were you able to call carnival directly?   Thanks for info! 

6 minutes ago, nissach said:

Where exactly do I find the Fly2fun on the Carnival website?

I am in my booking and cannot see it anywhere.

I went into my manager and clicked on the 'Categories' drop down menu on top left hand side.  Fly2Fun will be the last option.  However, when you click on it, the page that (I assume) takes you to the flight options has not been able to load. I'm thinking I still need to call them directly?

Edited by bmar808
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, minnieiowa said:

Well same flight I can book myself for $866 per person Carnival came back  with over $11000 for 2 people lol.  You mentioned you booked thru travel agent   Did you have To go thru your travel agent to get the flights or were you able to call carnival directly?   Thanks for info! 

That's a hefty price differential.

12 minutes ago, bmar808 said:

I went into my manager and clicked on the 'Categories' drop down menu on top left hand side.  Fly2Fun will be the last option.  However, when you click on it, the page that (I assume) takes you to the flight options has not been able to load. I'm thinking I still need to call them directly?

Thanks...that was the one place I did not look 🙄

13 minutes ago, minnieiowa said:

If you book through a TA, you do need to go through the TA to call.  I am my sister's TA, so I called for her, and then called the TA I used, who called carnival on my behalf.

1 hour ago, minnieiowa said:

I need more info, where did you get the 11k from, did you call the number? Where and when are u flying?

1 hour ago, nissach said:

I am having the same problem with the page loading.  I just want to check flight prices and make comparisons, do not really want to call.  Has anyone ever booked online?

I don’t want to call either at this point. Just want to check what prices are showing. I wonder if you always have to call or if it’s just a glitch right now. My Europe cruises are in Oct/2020.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I need more info, where did you get the 11k from, did you call the number? Where and when are u flying?

absurd, not even first class is 11K even going to Asia. $1,100 would even be a stretch. 

4 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

It was about half the cost of booking it myself.

also a myth, airlines don't have nearly that much room to discount. You can check 10 different travel sites and pretty much the prices are the same. 

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

I don’t want to call either at this point. Just want to check what prices are showing. I wonder if you always have to call or if it’s just a glitch right now. My Europe cruises are in Oct/2020.

I was under the impression you always have to call, but maybe not.

15 minutes ago, rukkian said:

I was under the impression you always have to call, but maybe not.

3 minutes ago, beargrass1 said:

The only option is to call. Carnival has not rolled out the option to book thru the website yet.

Bummer. I have only used Air2Sea on Royal and it can all be checked and booked online. It’s nice to be able to see all the options and classes. Oh well, I will keep doing my own price checking, plus I have other options with limited airmiles.