Good Customer Service

pmatawan

Just off The Sunshine 11 night Journeys cruise out of Charleston.

On the last day of the cruise, there were some plumbing issues resulting in wet carpeting in our cabin.

They brought the cleaning crew in with the "extractor" to try to remove the water and then left a fan blowing.

After half the day, the floors were still wet so I put down some towels.....Called housekeeping and asked them to bring the extractor back and try to get the carpet dryer, which they did.

Several officers also came by during the next hour and one offered to move us to another cabin... I declined as the cruise was over that night.

To my surprise, when the final bill arrived, they reversed the charges for 2 bottles of wine and a specialty dining reservation already paid for along with a nice note.

• Like 8

On 12/14/2019 at 4:51 PM, pmatawan said:

On the last day of the cruise, there were some plumbing issues resulting in wet carpeting in our cabin.

They brought the cleaning crew in with the "extractor" to try to remove the water and then left a fan blowing.

After half the day, the floors were still wet so I put down some towels.....Called housekeeping and asked them to bring the extractor back and try to get the carpet dryer, which they did.

Several officers also came by during the next hour and one offered to move us to another cabin... I declined as the cruise was over that night.

To my surprise, when the final bill arrived, they reversed the charges for 2 bottles of wine and a specialty dining reservation already paid for along with a nice note.

Reason they were so nice is they new about the problem before it happened and they had not fixed it. I had a problem with the shower overflowing on several days. They did the same thing each time and i had my own floor fan for the week The problem was the room I was in was a handicapped room and there was no ledge on the shower to stop water from flowing out. They only gave me one bottle of wine.It was on the Sunshine also in a 4J room in the front.

On 12/14/2019 at 3:51 PM, pmatawan said:

That's great to hear. Both that you didn't let it hinder your cruise, and also that they just did it. 

Both from last pride cruise: 

1. A note was left in our cabin that they would be working outside our balcony on a port day and wouldn't be able to use our balcony.  They noted we were going to be on a ship's excursion at the time of the work,  so they refunded us 100% of the excursion we had booked prior to departure. 

2. A chicken ate the snacks in our cabana at half moon cay.  It was quite the sight trying to chase him out of the cabana! They refunded us half the cost of the cabana. 

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Both from last pride cruise: 

1. A note was left in our cabin that they would be working outside our balcony on a port day and wouldn't be able to use our balcony.  They noted we were going to be on a ship's excursion at the time of the work,  so they refunded us 100% of the excursion we had booked prior to departure. 

2. A chicken ate the snacks in our cabana at half moon cay.  It was quite the sight trying to chase him out of the cabana! They refunded us half the cost of the cabana. 

Though I normally do not really look at the new pictures, I would have loved if you had taken the picture of the chicken in your cabana eating the snack and it was posted on the cruisecritic boards.

35 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Though I normally do not really look at the new pictures, I would have loved if you had taken the picture of the chicken in your cabana eating the snack and it was posted on the cruisecritic boards.

I wish we did also. Unfortunately,  we didn't have the camera in hand. 

Where are the pixels people when you need them? 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, jmcathome said:

Reason they were so nice is they new about the problem before it happened and they had not fixed it. I had a problem with the shower overflowing on several days. They did the same thing each time and i had my own floor fan for the week The problem was the room I was in was a handicapped room and there was no ledge on the shower to stop water from flowing out. They only gave me one bottle of wine.It was on the Sunshine also in a 4J room in the front.

Huh, and you know that how?  

Edited by jimbo5544

On an 8 day cruise, there were three days we couldn’t use our balcony because gross stuff was dripping down from above us. One time we were warned that they would be cleaning the balconies. No problem. We know that needs to happen. But this was different, I don’t know what they were doing but it was gross and drippy and just Uck. 

I went to guest services to simply complain. I wanted to bring it to their attention that I had very specifically chosen those two cove balconies to be able to be out there (they were in the space where there are no lifeboats above.) and was really disappointed that they were unusable. I was very polite. The guy wrote everything down and said he would relay the information to his supervisor. I thanked him and that was that. Until the next day when we came back to our staterooms to find that they had credited us 3/8ths the cost of our cruise for both cabins. I was shocked! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, momof3cruisers said:

On an 8 day cruise, there were three days we couldn’t use our balcony because gross stuff was dripping down from above us. One time we were warned that they would be cleaning the balconies. No problem. We know that needs to happen. But this was different, I don’t know what they were doing but it was gross and drippy and just Uck. 

I went to guest services to simply complain. I wanted to bring it to their attention that I had very specifically chosen those two cove balconies to be able to be out there (they were in the space where there are no lifeboats above.) and was really disappointed that they were unusable. I was very polite. The guy wrote everything down and said he would relay the information to his supervisor. I thanked him and that was that. Until the next day when we came back to our staterooms to find that they had credited us 3/8ths the cost of our cruise for both cabins. I was shocked! 

I guess being polite and not confrontational has its upside.

• Like 2

I have booked my second Carnival.  I was on the Miracle Xmas 2014.  They must have been doing maintenance in the middle of the night.  The noise woke everyone up.  Carnival credited the bill for both rooms.  I really can’t remember how much, but I was pleased. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I guess being polite and not confrontational has its upside.

Indeed! Side note: My wife gave me a coffee mug for my birthday 30 years ago, that had a caption on it, that became my motto all my life, and it has served me well:  "Diplomacy Is The Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way".  Momo had her way with being polite. 

• Like 1