Number of speciality dinner reservations

snorkle lover

We will be taking a seven night Explorer cruise in the Spring.

I was wondering how many speciality dinning reservations  we

are going to be able to make on line. We need to reserve in

January so I want to be prepared.

Love all the help we get from so many RSSC seasoned travelers.

I just made our reservations this morning for our 14 March Panama Canal (16 night) cruise.   3 reservations per booking - even though we are in a Grand Suite and can tell the butler where and when we want to eat in those restaurants...   once on board.

4 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I just made our reservations this morning for our 14 March Panama Canal (16 night) cruise.   3 reservations per booking - even though we are in a Grand Suite and can tell the butler where and when we want to eat in those restaurants...   once on board.

Gerry

might need your help. Internet so poor for RSSC web site onboard. I could not book days or times I wanted. 
Sheila

We were on the Explorer Barcelona to Miami cruise and tried to book excursions for an upcoming cruise while on-board.  Totally frustrating and impossible to do using the Explorer internet and Regent website.  We went down to the Cruise Consultant and she was able to pull up our cruise and make the excursion reservations without a problem.  That may be the best way to make your reservations.

Bob

7 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Gerry

might need your help. Internet so poor for RSSC web site onboard. I could not book days or times I wanted. 
Sheila

Glad to do whatever I can.  I think you have my email?  I need your booking number for the cruise and for you to tell me which restaurants which nights!   If I can't get them done I suppose you could try calling Customer Service (and suppose you have free phone time?) . Anyway - tell me what you need.

Take care and enjoy this cruise!

13 hours ago, Eno-Bob said:

We were on the Explorer Barcelona to Miami cruise and tried to book excursions for an upcoming cruise while on-board.  Totally frustrating and impossible to do using the Explorer internet and Regent website.  We went down to the Cruise Consultant and she was able to pull up our cruise and make the excursion reservations without a problem.  That may be the best way to make your reservations.

Bob

Totally support this, we had excursions to book for a future cruise whilst on the Navigator. We used the cruise consultant to do this, it's a part of their job keeping regular cruisers happy.

3 hours ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

Totally support this, we had excursions to book for a future cruise whilst on the Navigator. We used the cruise consultant to do this, it's a part of their job keeping regular cruisers happy.

That's a great idea, wouldn't have crossed my mind.

For bookings in the restaurants. If what you are able to book online is not really to your liking. Maybe no table for two or different timing. Then go as soon as you arrive on-board to the reservation desk, so they can change it if there is anything available. Sometimes they offer you the embarkation day also as extra cause they like to fill the seats. 

To get extra reservations, you can also pass by the restaurant just before you go for dinner... They might have an opening. But for a second reservation you need to be flexible with sharing and time slot.

Or you book a master suite... then you can eat there every  night or get it served in  your suite!! 

Unfortunately, the WiFi on the Explorer was horrible and did not get some of my choices for dining on our Splendor cruise in March. 
During our March cruise, we will need to select our excursions for our November 2020 Regent journey. 
I will definitely ask for help from the cruise consultant onboard. Thanks for the recommendation. 
Sheila

10 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Unfortunately, the WiFi on the Explorer was horrible and did not get some of my choices for dining on our Splendor cruise in March. 
During our March cruise, we will need to select our excursions for our November 2020 Regent journey. 
I will definitely ask for help from the cruise consultant onboard. Thanks for the recommendation. 
Sheila

Strange...we were also onboard Explorer for the last several weeks and were able to book our Splendor dining the day it opened for booking.  We just used our laptop in our suite with no problem.  I will add, however, that the number of  "internet down" incidents were much more frequent than we had on Navigator in Oct/Nov.