Platinum Dining Pkg Traveling Solo

TonyFred

Just curious. First time as a Platinum cruiser. The perks are dinner for 2 in 2 different specialty restaurants.

Since I am solo, do I still just get 2 dinners since 4 are actually included as a perk? Hoping maybe there's a chance.

I will call NCL but I like to know what other folks  have experienced.

Appreciate it and thanks!

I wouldn’t bother phoning NCL you will get even more random answers than you get here. The chances are they won’t even be aware of what the platinum meal is.

Anyway, as stated you get two meals for two per cabin. This cannot be changed to 4 meals for 1.

Before they changed all the latitudes benefits a few years ago, you used to be allowed to split these vouchers if you were solo. That is because it used to be one meal for two per platinum passenger, and they allowed you to make it two meals for one, so you got the same number of meals as if you were a couple. Now that difference has been eliminated as you get two vouchers anyway, so there is no need to split them. I am not aware of anyone being successful in doing this since the change.

Your options are either to just to use your vouchers yourself and have the two meals solo, or to take someone else with you, maybe someone from the meet and greet or solo gathering.

If that person is also solo then of course they could return the favour, which means that you do get 4 meals.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, xcell said:

Maybe you can then have 2 entrees at one restaurant.

No, that's not how it works.  There would be an addition charge just as a couple would be charged for it. 

I'm platinum and offer to take who ever I meet and get along with.  Couldn't care less if they're Platinum too, it just makes it a nice dining experience to enjoy someone's company when you're a solo. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 7:48 AM, All-ready2cruise said:

I'm platinum and offer to take who ever I meet and get along with.  Couldn't care less if they're Platinum too, it just makes it a nice dining experience to enjoy someone's company when you're a solo.

This happened to me on my first solo cruise.  I'm NOT Platinum, but one of the people from the solo gathering that went in a group of 6 to Cagney's was and took care of my meal with his coupon. I was grateful, that was a fun group, several of us dined together again 2 more times the rest of the week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hallux said:

This happened to me on my first solo cruise.  I'm NOT Platinum, but one of the people from the solo gathering that went in a group of 6 to Cagney's was and took care of my meal with his coupon. I was grateful, that was a fun group, several of us dined together again 2 more times the rest of the week.

Great way to spend some time with a fellow solo cruiser.  For me, it has almost always meant having a delightful and warm dining experience.  I did have someone on my 1st solo cruise who decided that since we were both Plat., I should dine exclusively with him.  Sorry, I tend look for someone who'll laugh at my jokes, (not really) and enjoy a free specialty dinner.

It's always ended up being the beginning of a long-lasting friendship. In the end, it's up to us what we choose to do and how we choose to handle it.  I won't be forced to dine with someone who doesn't appreciate my humour.  🤣 🥂

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyFred said:

Thanks to all. I am traveling with friends. They have the specialty pkg. So I am not really dining alone. Just trying to get the biggest bang out of the perk.

I always dine solo and they usually allow me to order an extra app or dessert if I ask. Have never asked about 2 entrees. 

4 hours ago, moosecrouse said:

I always dine solo and they usually allow me to order an extra app or dessert if I ask. Have never asked about 2 entrees. 

I  meant 4 dinners, not 2 entrees per seating. Lord I am stuffed when I leave the restaurant with one entree. And I am a big ol  boy.

I was just off a solo cruise what i do is not book any platinum or specialty  dinners the first two nights.I go to the solo gatherings for dinner the first two nights and meet many people some who are platinum like me.I than invite them to join me for dinner at the specialty restaurants for free our if they have a dinning package at the other restaurants not on the platinum  list.

On 12/20/2019 at 10:03 AM, TonyFred said:

I  meant 4 dinners, not 2 entrees per seating. Lord I am stuffed when I leave the restaurant with one entree. And I am a big ol  boy.

Nope that ended when the new program started in February 2017.  

On 12/21/2019 at 1:38 PM, 17cruisesnsl said:

Does anyone know if the pizza at La Cucina is considered an appetizer or an entree?  Our upcoming cruise is the first time we will use the platinum voucher at La Cucina.   

Thanks

Appetizer.