The Alchemy Bar - Who is your Favorite Mixologist?

Don Kehote

First, I'm going to admit to ignorance - this was my first time out on a ship with the Alchemy Bar.  

HOWEVER, I'm just going to put it right out there and declare Ioanna to be the single greatest bartender/mixologist in the Carnival fleet. 

We just came off Victory last Friday, and I've recovered enough now to be positive of it.  It wasn't just the shine of the cruise atmosphere, it was her.  I actually learned from her - I took home a much better understanding of how to use bitters properly, how to really balance a cocktail, how to put a few flavors together to make something extraordinary.

Who you got?

For me it's no doubt Maria who I had on Dream twice last year. She was on Victory earlier this year but I believe she's on break now. Here are the drinks she made for me:

https://saintgregtravel.com/marias-cocktails/

And then the other Alchemists that have made me 3+ drinks since I've been keeping a record of it.

https://saintgregtravel.com/alchemy-bar/

• Like 2

Every ship has a well trained mixologist.  somebody refresh my memory, but overall the 2 women that started the whole things years ago were the best.  Of recent, Anna Maria and Aleksandar on the Horizon and Before that on the Vista were excellent.

14 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Every ship has a well trained mixologist.  somebody refresh my memory, but overall the 2 women that started the whole things years ago were the best.  Of recent, Anna Maria and Aleksandar on the Horizon and Before that on the Vista were excellent.

I know Anna Maria is popular. She seems to pop up on the new ships. I believe she's on Panorama now. I haven't had her yet but maybe she'll still be there for my cruise.

Edited by Saint Greg

44 minutes ago, itchintocruise said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e9a7db138756d5fef953550f504e1e97.jpeg
Anna Maria is our vote. It’s one of the reasons we picked the Panorama to cruise on next week. This will be our 3rd sailing with her on board.

If she’s on the Panorama, I definitely need to book before she leaves. I had her on a B2B2B on the Vista in 2016, and she is very special.

If you remember, can you ask her how long she will be on Panorama? Thanks

Edited by crzndeb

Anna Maria is not only a great mixologist but a wonderful person. She was so personable to everyone and took care of the kids as well with well flavored water (serious). Every ship I have been on had great mixologist except for one where they were just not friendly or helpful which was odd. I won't mention the ship but when I ask how they made something I got a serious answer of its non of my business.  I have always left with recipes that  could remake at home (obviously not as well) but that's okay maybe its their thing! 

3 hours ago, crzndeb said:

If she’s on the Panorama, I definitely need to book before she leaves. I had her on a B2B2B on the Vista in 2016, and she is very special.

If you remember, can you ask her how long she will be on Panorama? Thanks

I will try to remember, as long as she doesn't serve us to many "Jagertinis". 

17 minutes ago, itchintocruise said:

I will try to remember, as long as she doesn't serve us to many "Jagertinis". 

Oh yes, I was lucky enough to try one of those on the Vista. I’m not really a licorice person, but it was very tasty.

We have had many great Alchemist,some of our favorites are Drazen and Bojana (our first Alchemist,they were off the ships for awhile after they got married but are now back),Svatava from the Breeze and Katia from the Freedom.There have been many more and can't wait till we are onboard again to get to to know the Alchemist.

I like them all.  I also always seem to particularly like the 3rd person in training.  On the Glory last year, I asked the Alchemist where he gets the ice from--I didn't see a machine anywhere.  With the apprentice standing there, he said he gets it from him, and pointed to him with his thumb.  We all had a good laugh.    

On 12/18/2019 at 1:23 PM, itchintocruise said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e9a7db138756d5fef953550f504e1e97.jpeg
Anna Maria is our vote. It’s one of the reasons we picked the Panorama to cruise on next week. This will be our 3rd sailing with her on board.

We have had the pleasure of cruising with her too! she is awesome.

Pat

We've had some good ones. Ufuk and Alexsandra on the Legend, a different Alexsandra on the Valor, Atilla on the Valor and then the Vista, Adri on the Conquest in 2013, Svatava on the Magic, Phillip and Eliza on the Triumph, and many others. We have not had a bad one yet.

I really enjoyed the drinks made by Brian on the Breeze, and of course Maria and Savio on Dream. Maria was really good at crafting a customized drink, I cannot remember the ingredients, but I remember the name of one she made us, Coco Loco Maria. The Alchemy Bar alone got my money's worth on Cheers 🙂