Newbie Question Regarding Free Pre Cruise Hotel

tnt10

Hello Everyone,

We are booked on a 15 night transatlantic cruise out of Barcelona next September.  We booked through an online TA due to the fantastic price for a Penthouse Suite, which was $2,000 less than my regular TA could quote.  Question is: How do I book the free 1 night pre-cruise hotel in my debarkation city?  Is that done through the online TA or do I call RSSC myself?

Thank you!

Regent will book the pre=cruise hotel in Barcelona. The name of the hotel will be on your cruise paperwork or sometimes shows up earlier on your itinerary in the ‘My Account’ section of the website.

Does your booking include flights? If so then transfers between Barcelona airport & the hotel will also be included. 
A bus transfer from hotel to ship on the morning of embarkation is  included.

If you want to make your own arrangements for the hotel & transfers in Barcelona you can ask for credit.

Any queries should be initiated with your TA, who will contact Regent on your behalf.

Hope you have a fabulous cruise 😎

First thing that should be checked is what your sale price includes. My concern is that the online travel agent price is the one that opts out of the hotel and/or the airfare. If these perks were included in their price, which it absolutely does not have to be, the likelihood is that they would have gone over that info with you. The sooner you check this, the better. 

I totally agree with kjbacon. I have seen Regent cruises being sold by online "discount" brokers that do not include the usual "included" perks from Regent such as airfare and/or hotel accommodations. Better be sure what you are getting for the price.

Please do check the details of what's included with the price you paid. I too did an online search for better pricing and found a price that was significantly less only to find out that airfare was not included although their website did not say that anywhere. I had to ask and tell them to put what was included in writing (an email). They were at first reluctant to do so and that was a clear sign to me that they weren't forthcoming. They finally did admit that air wasn't included. Needless to say, I walked away from that "deal" and I will never consider them in the future. I've been told by several people including TA's that Regent sets the price and the differences that a TA can make is (1) the services they provide and (2) the amount of shipboard credits that they can offer.

Also - be careful about terminology - "you debark" from a cruise at the end.  You "embark" at the start.  I think what you meant to say was about the pre-cruise hotel?

IF the fare you paid covers this hotel you might want to consider not taking the Regent arrangements and booking your own hotel.  We had $200 per person taken off our cruise fare for not taking the hotel and transfer to the ship.   I then booked us with Hyatt points in a Grand Hyatt - for free - and will take a taxi to the ship.  We will have to pay for our breakfasts of course and the taxi.  I suspect that will cost us a total of about $75 and the rest of the $400 goes into my pocket...

Edited by Hambagahle

I’ll jump on here, too - I’ve also looked at discount broker fares and I’ve always found out they omit some of the normal Regent perks, usually airfare, transfers, etc. and that when you tally it all up you’re usually better off booking with a ‘regular’ TA to get the experience bundled...

The discount brokers can sometimes be a good fit if you usually opt out of these amenities, but they’ve never been a good fit for us.

Please triple-check your agreement and make sure it includes what you want/need.

Thank you everyone, for the suggestions and advice.

Just to be clear, I am not looking for airfare to be included.  The price I have been quoted, in writing, is $2,000 below the non-airfare Regent quote.

I have sent an email to the TA asking if the pre-cruise one night free hotel is included, (thanks for this suggestion!).

Even if the hotel is not included, $2,000 less than the non-air cruise fare quoted by Regent is still a win-win for me.

Will keep you informed....

Happy Cruising

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tnt10 said:

Thank you everyone, for the suggestions and advice.

Just to be clear, I am not looking for airfare to be included.  The price I have been quoted, in writing, is $2,000 below the non-airfare Regent quote.

I have sent an email to the TA asking if the pre-cruise one night free hotel is included, (thanks for this suggestion!).

Even if the hotel is not included, $2,000 less than the non-air cruise fare quoted by Regent is still a win-win for me.

Will keep you informed....

Happy Cruising

Something extremely fishy about this booking.  Has your TA provide you your Regent Invoice?  If not strongly suggest you request a copy which should verify both your fare and what you are getting.  Know for a fact that Regent does NOT allow TA's to discount their posted fares and that they can only advertise rebates up to 5%.  This is a written policy which Others and I have read but cannot find right now. 

Your TA fare invoice should match Regent's and if your TA can't or won't provide one you need to be wary as many people have TAs who rebate money from their commission but, the invoices always match.  Only cruise line I know that will allow TA's to collect the full fare less the rebate is Carnival and their various cruise lines.  Just very suspicious and want to make sure you get the cruise you have booked.  Also might want to make sure your TA has not had you paid to him and that your credit card for deposit was charged directly by Regent which should show on the Regent Invoice.

Sincerly hope you got this great deal but, seems something is rotten in the state of Denmark!

Thanks again for the warning and the advice.  

I did use this same TA for a Royal Caribbean cruise and saved approx $4,000 on an Owner's Suite.  Had absolutely no problems whatsoever with them.

Again, thanks for the advice.