Christmas Over

brillo

11 hours ago, Clipper Chick said:

Getting ready for Arcadia 3 Jan 99 nights.

I couldn't go away for that length of time. Two weeks is more than enough for me.

Hope you have a lovely time.

Edited by emam

I don't believe a cruise can ever be too long!!  Its just that the longer the cruise the quicker the clothes shrink in the wardrobes.  Strange fact but so true.

Just about to start packing for our 55 day cruise aboard Aurora leaving on the 4th Jan.

So excited!

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Waju said:

I don't believe a cruise can ever be too long!!  Its just that the longer the cruise the quicker the clothes shrink in the wardrobes.  Strange fact but so true.

Just about to start packing for our 55 day cruise aboard Aurora leaving on the 4th Jan.

So excited!

Sounds like heaven.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 5:29 PM, brillo said:

Now Christmas is over time to get ready for Ventura on the 3rd of January. 

Our luggage has now gone on its holidays. We will follow soon.

😎

• Like 1

64 days until our Caribbean cruise on Britannia, not that I’m counting. 7th time in the Caribbean, just love the winter sunshine. I would love to do a 99 day cruise but my daughter would kill me ( and I would miss my 3 grandsons).

Just got our cases out to start packing for our Brittania cruise 3rd January.  Our first cruise in 5 years and very first P & O cruise.  Starting to get a little anxious as I don’t know how I’m going to get all the clothes I’ve got out into the cases and stay within weight limits although I appreciate that it’s a nice problem to have!!

• Like 2

On 12/27/2019 at 1:29 PM, majortom10 said:

i cannot imagine being away from home for 99 nights on a cruise with all the problems of arranging and getting insurance and worry of house being unattended for that long.

We use house-sitters so our house isn't empty. This time, we're away for 35 days and we've got friends of friends from Australia coming to look after our house, dog and cat.   The only part of the cruise that seems long is when we leave the Azores and the weather deteriorates :(

The longest we've done  is 70 days and we had a Canadian couple sit for us. 

Hobson1754 - You can take as many cases as you like to keep the weight down on each one. For the 35 dayers, we take 4 large cases 20kg each and send them with the Baggage Handling Company. That leaves us with just one large holdall on the day. The heaviest thing is always the toiletries and medication! 

3 hours ago, tartanexile81 said:

Hobson1754 - You can take as many cases as you like to keep the weight down on each one. For the 35 dayers, we take 4 large cases 20kg each and send them with the Baggage Handling Company. That leaves us with just one large holdall on the day. The heaviest thing is always the toiletries and medication! 

Yes, we’ve got 28 kg each as we’re flying to Barbados to pick up ship and for the first time ever we’re travelling the day before the flight, to Manchester by train from Durham (we would normally drive) so it’s more the logistics of managing cases on the train.  However I’m half packed now and it’s not looking too bad - fingers crossed. Think it calls for a bottle of wine once we get to the hotel at Manchester Airport!

3 hours ago, tartanexile81 said:

We use house-sitters so our house isn't empty. This time, we're away for 35 days and we've got friends of friends from Australia coming to look after our house, dog and cat.   The only part of the cruise that seems long is when we leave the Azores and the weather deteriorates 😞

The longest we've done  is 70 days and we had a Canadian couple sit for us. 

We dont have that option for house sitters and even if we did I dont think it would change our opinion as it wouldnt be for us I am worried about 28 day cruise on QM2 in October might be too long. Hope you have a great cruise.

19 hours ago, majortom10 said:

We dont have that option for house sitters and even if we did I dont think it would change our opinion as it wouldnt be for us I am worried about 28 day cruise on QM2 in October might be too long. Hope you have a great cruise.

After my experience in November 28 on QM2 would be 28 too many.

2 hours ago, Clipper Chick said:

After my experience in November 28 on QM2 would be 28 too many.

Sorry but we were on QM2 in November and even though second week of roundtrip TA was boring subject wise the cruise, the ship and the food were as usual superb. Everybody to their own I guess.

6 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Did 104 nights on Auroa in 2017 and would happily have stayed on and gone round again. There is insurance out there, although my friend opted to self-insure her home contents.

We did 88 days on the same cruise Sharon and like you I would have happily gone round again!