luggage valet and Southwest air

I don't think there is any guarantee that they will check you in at the 24 hour mark. If you only have 2 suitcases, you can purchase luggage valet for just 1 person. Then if you both have early bird, you can just print the other person's boarding pass at the airport. 

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

I don't think there is any guarantee that they will check you in at the 24 hour mark. If you only have 2 suitcases, you can purchase luggage valet for just 1 person. Then if you both have early bird, you can just print the other person's boarding pass at the airport. 

TYVM. Sounds like a plan as that's all the luggage we will have.

I tend to leave the kitchen sink at home.😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What port are you leaving from?  We used the Luggage Valet from Port Canaveral and we're thoroughly impressed.. We set our bags out the night before, and were pleasantly surprised when they came out off the carousel in STL..  We were in group B with our flight home..

Edited by RickinStl
I cant spell

38 minutes ago, RickinStl said:

What port are you leaving from?  We used the Luggage Valet from Port Canaveral and we're thoroughly impressed.. We set our bags out the night before, and were pleasantly surprised when they came out off the carousel in STL..  We were in group B with our flight home..

I used port assist in Seattle.  On NCL.    Man that was awesome.out the night b4.   
 Didn’t touch my bags till got home that afternoon.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickinStl said:

we are leaving from Port Canaveral. Didn't want to book a cruise from Miami when the Super Bowl is there the same day.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

If you do luggage valet and are flying on Southwest does anybody know when they check you in and get your boarding pass for you?

Don't want to enroll in this and wind up in group C but don't really want to pay for luggage valet and early bird

TIA

Based on what happened to us the first time we did it and flew Southwest using only luggage valet, I'm guessing they check you in no particular order.  We had a late afternoon flight and my then 9 year old son and I wound up with boarding passes in Group C.  When we got on the plane, there were not two seats together, so he ended up having to sit behind me in a middle seat.

If being able to find seats together is a concern, I'd get early bird and skip luggage valet. 

Because of what happened to us on that first flight, and the fact that luggage valet is an absolute breeze, we try to make it work so we can get both.

I have only used this service once flying on Southwest. It was great not having to bother with luggage until arriving at destination airport but did wind up with a high  number in the C boarding group. Curious if it possible to use this service and  use the ships internet to get boarding pass close to the 24 hour starting point?

22 minutes ago, zebra36 said:

I have only used this service once flying on Southwest. It was great not having to bother with luggage until arriving at destination airport but did wind up with a high  number in the C boarding group. Curious if it possible to use this service and  use the ships internet to get boarding pass close to the 24 hour starting point?

Sure, you can check-in yourself, or better yet, spend the money for Early Bird.

On 12/28/2019 at 11:58 PM, Illbcruzn4life said:

If you do luggage valet and are flying on Southwest does anybody know when they check you in and get your boarding pass for you?

Don't want to enroll in this and wind up in group C but don't really want to pay for luggage valet and early bird

TIA

Got B20 something one time doing Luggage Valet on SW early bird, others were all B but cant remember B which  This was 3-4 yrs ago though, out FLL

Edited by ONECRUISER

13 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I checked myself in at the 24 hour mark, and luggage valet sent my luggage through to my destination.  Win-win.

This is what I did the 1 time I used it.  I like to know that I am checking in right at 24 hours.  I always get an early B number when I check in then.  I paid for early bird once when on a TA and got very High A number.  That was not great.  Because they let the young children get on between A and B.  [right after us] We ended up with several VERY young/loud families near us.  I would rather be in B and know where they are.  [PS--I love children, but not sitting next to and around a bunch on a plane for several hours.]

Supposedly Southwest Early Bird assignment is in order of ticket purchase (excluding the higher loyalty level folks).  We buy as soon as flights are open and generally get A30 or less.  As CoralC said, get the luggage valet for only one person and pick up other boarding pass at the airport or on phone.  This can be important at FLL, since they don't like taking bags until 4 hours before flight.  The downstairs luggage counter will sometimes take them earlier but it is a lot easier with only carry-ons at the airport.

Without EB you have no idea when they can get your boarding assignment from the ship and they are not going to make any attempt to hit the 24 hour before flight time for everyone with luggage valet.

Or you could sit in a wheelchair - we have seen 10 or 12 wheelchairs with accompanying people get on.  Also saw people with C on one flight run to gate at next airport and sit in wheelchair there.

Edited by LeeW
more