Celebrity newbie - 2 questions

aliciam

Hi all, I am a seasoned cruiser, but new to Celebrity, and am trying to plan dinner reservations.

1. I know it varies, but typically how long does it take for dinner with select dining? 

2. How long do the shows typically run on Celebrity? 

For instance, if we make 7:45 dinner reservations, would we be able to make the 9 p.m. show? Or should we be safe and move it to 7:30?

On the flip side, if we made a 7 p.m. show, would we be able to make 8 p.m. dinner reservations?

This is assuming show times are 7 and 9 p.m., which I've seen on the dailies, but not recent ones. 🙂

Thanks so much for your help!

I agree that 7:45 may be pushing your luck. I don't like to rush, and our dinners usually take close to 75-90 minutes for 3 courses in the MDR. If you are seated at a large table with others, it can take longer.. And yes, we've found the shows last about 45 min.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

You can always tell the wait staff that you are planning on going to a show. Small tables are served faster than if you are at a larger table. If you are concerned, you can review the menu in advance and tell the waiter that you are ready to order, when you sit down. I know on Royal that they suggest you allow 2 hours for dinner to make a show... but I have never noticed it take nearly that long... more like an hour. But again... once we were seated at a table for 10 and it took hours.

• Like 1

We usually plan on 7:00 PM for the 9:00 PM show.  The shows generally are about 45 minutes long. If you go to the 7:00 PM show and 8:00 PM dinner reservation is definitely doable. We also find that the dining rooms are less chaotic with later dining times. If it's just the two of you dinner service will be quicker than if you're sitting at a shared table.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 2