Tell me about Majesty and is there a diamond lounge?

suamom

23 hours ago, Dancingnurse79 said:

Not even after a port change? Ugh.

I have to say that I’m very excited about my upcoming trip on Mariner. It’s the same itinerary and port but Mariner looks like it has a lot more than Majesty. But, something I should also mention to the OP, my opinion of Majesty may also be affected by the fact that Cococay wasn’t redone at that point and the tender boats weren’t able to run due to high seas so we had a sea day that felt cramped. That should be alleviated now that the island has a port. 

CocoCay is still not guaranteed.  The pier is unprotected from the wind.

Port changes have nothing (zero, zip, zilch) to do with the entertainment and its durability.  Once a show is installed, at the cost of millions, RC sees little reason to change it.  Truly, some of the shows have been on for more than a decade, and some shows are on more that one ship.  RC does not really care that frequent cruisers find the shows repetitive.

6 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

Thanks for sharing your experience.  We have a family reunion cruise planned for June 2020 on Majesty, and I have to admit that I'm a little nervous that it won't have enough for everyone to do.  However, we needed the NOLA port, so folks could drive there, and the price was very reasonable as a group.  As long as the piano bar and karaoke are entertaining, I think most of the adults should be happy.

My immediate family doesn't spend enough time in the cabins to worry about the small accommodations, and we could not justify the added expense for a junior suite. So . . . no balcony for us.

Majesty actually has the largest Schooner Bar in the fleet.  It is a wonderful venue.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

CocoCay is still not guaranteed.  The pier is unprotected from the wind.

Port changes have nothing (zero, zip, zilch) to do with the entertainment and its durability.  Once a show is installed, at the cost of millions, RC sees little reason to change it.  Truly, some of the shows have been on for more than a decade, and some shows are on more that one ship.  RC does not really care that frequent cruisers find the shows repetitive.

Absolutely correct. According to Marc Walker the average show is on for 10 years due to the enormous production costs.  

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:48 PM, Dancingnurse79 said:

Not even after a port change? Ugh.

I have to say that I’m very excited about my upcoming trip on Mariner. It’s the same itinerary and port but Mariner looks like it has a lot more than Majesty. But, something I should also mention to the OP, my opinion of Majesty may also be affected by the fact that Cococay wasn’t redone at that point and the tender boats weren’t able to run due to high seas so we had a sea day that felt cramped. That should be alleviated now that the island has a port. 

Some ships had to skip Coco Cay a couple of weeks ago due to winds and high swells. One ship couldn't leave after it docked because the winds picked up. You'll find this will happen mainly during the winter months when strong cold fronts move through.

Edited by Retired LEO

5 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Some ships had to skip Coco Cay a couple of weeks ago due to winds and high swells. One ship couldn't leave after it docked because the winds picked up. You'll find this will happen mainly during the winter months when strong cold fronts move through.

I’d be irked if I missed Cococay for both of my first 2 cruises. We’re going in May this time so maybe it won’t be too windy. 

We were just on Majesty in November and we actually had to skip Key West due to high seas and went to CocoCay on another day as the replacement.  It was still a bit bumpy, so maybe the smaller ships have an easier time docking there?

We were also concerned about not having a balcony as it was my companion's first time cruising and we couldn't justify the cost of the junior suites.  We had one of the larger oceanview rooms on deck 9 and loved being a short walk from most activities.  It was also nice to be between stateroom decks so we didn't hear noise from the pool or lounges at night.  We got a great deal on this cruise and I think it was a nice starter cruise. 

Majesty is definitely not the ship for those that need a lot of activities happening all the time.  We were going for a relaxing trip so it was perfect to hang out and read or get drinks in the Schooner Bar.  We spent a lot of time there.  It was also the only place we noticed TVs showing sports besides the large screen above the pool showing one NFL game at a time (sometimes without sound). We never made it to any of the evening shows/karaoke/etc.

On 12/30/2019 at 3:42 PM, Dancingnurse79 said:

I don’t remember a sports bar but I definitely wouldn’t pay attention to one. I can’t imagine they have a dedicated sports bar bc the ship is small but they probably have at least a couple of screens onboard. 

Sport screens are in the Schooner Bar.

Maybe a little off topic but can anyone let me know about closet space on Majesty.  Is the closet full size as on other ships or half the size?    Wondering about storage space.

Also, can you request a fridge for the cabin?

Mucho thanks!

NJ 

On 1/1/2020 at 6:03 PM, Dancingnurse79 said:

Well, there ya go. I never went in there during the day, only at night when it was crowded and the piano guy was entertaining. 

Screens are at the opposite end and will likely be showing something even if there is an entertainer there. 

m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Maybe a little off topic but can anyone let me know about closet space on Majesty.  Is the closet full size as on other ships or half the size?    Wondering about storage space.

Also, can you request a fridge for the cabin?

Mucho thanks!

NJ 

You can only request a refrigerator for medical needs.

The closet in an OV is normal size, but the closet in an interior is smaller.  Interiors have fewer drawers, too.

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

You can only request a refrigerator for medical needs.

The closet in an OV is normal size, but the closet in an interior is smaller.  Interiors have fewer drawers, too.

So definitely have to pack lighter if in an interior....

Thanks.

NJ 

• Like 1

There was not a lot of shelf space in the bathroom of an interior cabin. And I feel like there’s less drawer space compared to videos I’ve seen of other ships. But there was just 2 of us so it worked ok. The closet was enough for us for 3 days. Not sure how it would have worked for a 7 day. 

6 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Yes, would like to know about Diamond Event in VCL too.

Also, does anyone know which deck My Time Dining is on - Deck 3 or 4?

Thanks!

NJ  

It will be listed on your SeaPass card.

2 minutes ago, TheSweetPotatoQueen said:

I’m pretty sure Deck 4.

Some ships have MTD on Deck 3 - gets confusing.  Plan on booking Majesty for about 4 or so cruises in September/Oct. - like to organize ahead!   Only concerned now about closet space - will have to try to book ocean views if possible.

Hoping too that VCL Event is still in place.   Wonder why they would stop this?

NJ 

19 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Some ships have MTD on Deck 3 - gets confusing.  Plan on booking Majesty for about 4 or so cruises in September/Oct. - like to organize ahead!   Only concerned now about closet space - will have to try to book ocean views if possible.

Hoping too that VCL Event is still in place.   Wonder why they would stop this?

NJ 

We really enjoy the VCL Event, too. I have no clue why they would stop it. 

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:28 PM, Retired LEO said:

The LA received notification from corporate to end the event as of January 1st.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 4:22 PM, Merion_Mom said:

The well-sourced report is that the VCL event will disappear on Thursday.

Turns out to be not true.  Our daughter just returned today and the VCL event was on each night which says something about taking rumors and "well-sourced reports" as facts!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1