NCL January Sale

Mrworldwide_88

So I went into a local TA last night and as they have to book with NCL direct on the phone (same price I would see) the inflated price was the same.

Ncl said they doubt the prices would drop again.

Funny that, checked this morning and the cruise has dropped by £140 in the cabin category we were looking at.

Hopefully a further drop in the coming days to the reasonable price it was before the most recent UK 30% off New Year sale started!

I put down CN deposits for a cruise in October with the 30% promo + 20% Latitude promo and the price has already gone up since... last week? I wasn’t tracking this cruise pre-Black Friday though because it wasn’t on my radar so I have no idea how much the price has increased since the “sales.” I get nervous about studios selling out though so I reserved my studio even though I’m probably being ripped off. I did this through a PCC this time and she said if the price drops before final payment they’ll honor the discount but who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ll move my CN certificates to another cruise if I want to.

21 minutes ago, Mrworldwide_88 said:

Well well well. Sale has finished in the uk, prices back to what they were before the sale! (Much cheaper) Makes no sence

No suprises to be honest - same thing happens every NCL sale in the UK , inflate the price by at least 35% then apply a sale %30... Its hilarious in that  its so obvious.. Only sales that ever seem good are the latitude offers

Edited by ighten
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 1:58 PM, angalyse said:

Ill start off with the " I have been a loyal NCL customer for 18 years" .  They have recently hired an outside company to set prices with the sole purpose of increasing rates.  The price structure no longer makes NCL my to go to cruise line.  The observations made on this page are spot on.   Prices have been drastically raised and then offered at a discount to create a false sense of urgency.  It reminds me of my grocery store raising prices of an item and then offering it for buy on get one free.

NCL should be allowed to sell inventory for whatever they can get for it.  Customers would be wise to shop other lines prices because you will find more straight forward offerings.   Travel agents charge change fee's and NCL's games can cost you more that you realize.  I do not want to abandoned ship with NCL but the child like game play with prices has already gotten old.

Our last NCL cruise was NE and Canada from Boston on the Dawn in Fall 2018.   I always compare prices and itineraries with NCL, Royal C., Celebrity and Princess.   NCL is showing up last in my evaluations for cruises.   Also, what is happened to NCL's transatlantic cruises.   Most of them from the USA to Europe seem to leave from NYC, not Florida?!?!

I am not sure that I will ever cruise NCL again.

1 hour ago, ighten said:

No suprises to be honest - same thing happens every NCL sale in the UK , inflate the price by at least 35% then apply a sale %30... Its hilarious in that  its so obvious.. Only sales that ever seem good are the latitude offers

A shame really. I started to panic as thought I may not be able to afford it. Just glad its better now. Their Prices are really stupid!

36 minutes ago, Mrworldwide_88 said:

A shame really. I started to panic as thought I may not be able to afford it. Just glad its better now. Their Prices are really stupid!

This is really stupid on my 3/1 cruise:

Inside: $849

Outside: $899

Balcony: $899

It would really take a "non educated consumer" to book anything less than a balcony (thinking it's a great deal).  There's no logic to their madness.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, April42749 said:

This is really stupid on my 3/1 cruise:

Inside: $849

Outside: $899

Balcony: $899

It would really take a "non educated consumer" to book anything less than a balcony (thinking it's a great deal).  There's no logic to their madness.  

TBF Im not sure thats a NCL problem or issue  - its simply how the pricing algorithm (that all lines use) works out how to load the remaining rooms (balconys in this case)....

Edited by ighten
  • Like 1

NCL Joy February 14th 16 day Panama Canal:

25 November 2019

H5 £7894.08 16th December £14120.88 today £12500.08

H4 £9224.08 16th December £16800.88 today  £15188.08

NCL site says 15 of each available ?
Work that out

10 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Here in the USA the prices are still the same under the 30% off "sale".  I'm definitely considering a cruise with another cruiseline.

It's starting to really frustrate me. 

I feel sorry for the TA because if i didnt know what NCL were up to, I'd be fuming and think he was lying.

However the prices have fluctuated again this morning. God knows what they are playing at!

Even when my TA rang them to ask to honour the price, they acted dumb as if he was wrong!

I was wondering if we are holding onto too many Cruisenext deposits.  If NCL sees the unused Cruisenext deposits are at historical highs (economy in USA booming....more people buying more deposits than normal) they can sit back and not have to offer as attractive pricing as what they did several years ago.     I now find myself holding onto 4 Cruisenext deposits as a cruise I had in Jan. 2021 in Rome got moved to Dec. 1st and I had to cancel it.   Believe they expire in 2023.   Re-booked that trip with MSC Cruises as that is what fir my schedule......and taking Princess to Panama Canal in a few weeks as they beat NCL on pricing in apples to apples of what mattered to me.      Might find myself booking what I feel is overpriced cruises to use them up.  I am sure NCL has a running ratio they keep track of when it comes to number of cabins available per year and number of Cruisenext Deposits held by customers.   So from now on; the rest of you stop buying those deposits!     It is messing with my cabin costs LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Mrworldwide_88 said:

Well. The january sale ended. Prices didnt drop. Then 2 days ago they went up nearly £100. Tonight they dropped to the lowest I've seen. Frantic call to TA and its booked! Thank god! Cant wait to experience the epic!

Yay! That was certainly a roller coaster. So glad you were able to ultimately book it at a price you found reasonable.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mrworldwide_88 said:

Well. The january sale ended. Prices didnt drop. Then 2 days ago they went up nearly £100. Tonight they dropped to the lowest I've seen. Frantic call to TA and its booked! Thank god! Cant wait to experience the epic!

Is this on the UK site?   Our US site 'Mega' sale supposedly ends in 6 hours.  The cruises I've been watching have had pricing go up and down just a few dollars since the Black Friday sale, the 30% off and the $1000 off sale....still high!   

Hoping tonight our prices drop too🤞

3 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Is this on the UK site?   Our US site 'Mega' sale supposedly ends in 6 hours.  The cruises I've been watching have had pricing go up and down just a few dollars since the Black Friday sale, the 30% off and the $1000 off sale....still high!   

All the cruises around mine dropped a ton this morning.  Mine also dropped but balconies for 4 are all sold out so don't know how it would compare to my pricing.  This is on the US site.  

Edited by Liljo22

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

Yeah the UK site. It was so frustrating I nearly booked with others in protest. Glad ncl finally saw sense

• Like 1