New to Oasis class ships

twonpcb

We have cruised Royal many, many times. We have achieved Diamond status but since we prefer the smaller, more intimate ships, my husband and I have never been on an Oasis class ship.  We were recently presented with a deal on Harmony that we could not turn down so we booked for spring of 2021.  My concern is that we have heard from fellow cruisers that on Oasis class vessels you should “pre-book” several of the shows because the “good” seats will sell out long before the cruise sails.  This is totally foreign to us.   We have been cruising since 1995 and have never had any trouble getting a seat at any show.  Can someone shed some light on this for us?  If I need to prebook  seats I will but I don’t have the slightest idea how to do that.  Any info would be greatly be appreciated.

You won't be able to reserve shows until about 60-120 days before your cruise. Time varies by ship and cruise. You reserve in the cruise planner under the Entertainment section.

Do a Google search for. Harmony of the Seas Tips

Edited by blueridgemama

59 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

You won't be able to reserve shows until about 60-120 days before your cruise. Time varies by ship and cruise. You reserve in the cruise planner under the Entertainment section.

Do a Google search for. Harmony of the Seas Tips

When we were on Harmony we booked shows on board on the Royal App.

If you have trouble navigating the show schedule prior to your cruise- call, perhaps a rep can book for you.  Some of the reps are horrible and you might have to hang up and call another. Sometimes, you can get locked out of certain performances that might be full.  If you are in a full suite, you do not need to prebook, with the exception of the comedy show.

For all other shows, they do have a line you can wait on also.  If the theatre isn't full, you get let in 10 minutes before the show starts and can fill seats.  Also, come a little early so you are in or near the front of the walk in line.  We really enjoy the Oasis class shows (except Cats) on the ships.  Ice shows, water shows, broadway shows and general shows are all great.

5 hours ago, twonpcb said:

“pre-book” several of the shows because the “good” seats will sell out long before the cruise sails.  

You are not reserving a seat.

You reserve a spot for the show.  If you want to get a good seat then show up 30 - 40 minutes early like on other ships.  Your reservation just gets you into the venue but after that its general admission.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

If you have trouble navigating the show schedule prior to your cruise- call, perhaps a rep can book for you.  Some of the reps are horrible and you might have to hang up and call another. Sometimes, you can get locked out of certain performances that might be full.  If you are in a full suite, you do not need to prebook, with the exception of the comedy show.

For all other shows, they do have a line you can wait on also.  If the theatre isn't full, you get let in 10 minutes before the show starts and can fill seats.  Also, come a little early so you are in or near the front of the walk in line.  We really enjoy the Oasis class shows (except Cats) on the ships.  Ice shows, water shows, broadway shows and general shows are all great.

CATS has been shortened down to 90 minutes,  you shoud try it again if you get a chance. Oasis is a great ship

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

CATS has been shortened down to 90 minutes,  you shoud try it again if you get a chance. Oasis is a great ship

As far as CATS, the movie was panned by the critics- I think they are modifing it also.   IMO bad is bad-  I enjoyed the music and only enjoy the audio.  However- different strokes for different folks!

Basically with a large ship, they need to split people among nightly entertainment. Multiple things around the ship may be happening at once, spread across days, to give everyone a chance to see the shows. It’s not that scary to use the planner to make free reservations or even waiting until onboard (except for comedy with a small venue). It’s all an effort to make sure 5,000 people don’t have the expectation of seeing a specific show at a specific time.