cruise card

jerwick

36 minutes ago, jerwick said:

Once on board can I get the old fashioned cruise card?  

Thanks

Jerry

I'm told yes. Just visit Passenger Services. It's not exactly the old card, it's an RFD card so you can open your door, scan to purchase beverages and other items, and scan to get on and off the ship. Personally I found the medallion just as easy to use. 

I recently got a black card in Oct. I was told they will always have cards available because people with pacemakers don't use  the medallion.  I put the medallion I got at check in on the pier in my room safe and never touched. The medallions don't have obvious color coding so I was pleased to have my black card to show when I went to the Back of the line of the next tender. 

1 minute ago, cruzsnooze said:

I recently got a black card in Oct. I was told they will always have cards available because people with pacemakers don't use  the medallion.  

au contraire!!   Many many passengers use the Medallion that have pacemakers.

This is a fallacy that you keep repeating.

• Like 3

We were on the Royal Princess a few months ago and even though we had our Ocean Medallions I went to the customer service desk and asked for cruise cards. The attendant went in the back and in about 2 minutes she came out with cards. We had collected them for so many years we simply wanted them to add to our collection. They didn't hesitate or question our request. I'm sure you won't have any problem getting one. 

Happy Trails,

Tom

48 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I recently got a black card in Oct. I was told they will always have cards available because people with pacemakers don't use  the medallion.  I put the medallion I got at check in on the pier in my room safe and never touched. The medallions don't have obvious color coding so I was pleased to have my black card to show when I went to the Back of the line of the next tender. 

If your medallion does not show your correct status (elite, platinum, etc.), and if you want it to show the correct status, you can take it to the Captain's Circle host on the ship, and he/she can apply the proper color coded sticker on the medallion.  On a recent B2B we turned from platinum to elite after the first leg of the B2B.  Our medallion had arrived prior to the cruise with the correct color code for platinum for the first leg, but the Captain's Circle host applied the appropriate colored sticker for the second leg.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

au contraire!!   Many many passengers use the Medallion that have pacemakers.

This is a fallacy that you keep repeating.

Take that up with guest services because that's what I was told when I went there to get my card. The magnet in the medallion can interfere with a pacemaker.

Magnetic fields in magnets in devices and machinery can inhibit pulse generators for ICDs and pacemakers. In ICDs in particular, magnets can activate a switch prohibiting the ICD from delivering vital signals such as lifesaving shocks.

If you have an ICD or pacemaker, avoid close or prolonged contact with magnets or their magnetic fields. Keep magnets at least six inches from where your device is implanted.

Of course, you may not always know if you have come into proximity with machinery that employs a magnet. It’s best to err on the safe side: If you feel any interference, move away from the source, or turn it off if possible.

Avoid magnet therapy that may call for you to wear magnetic bracelets or necklaces near your implantation site. Also avoid magnetic mattress pads or magnetic pillows; both may interfere with your ICD or pacemaker.

Edited by cruzsnooze

Just now, cruzsnooze said:

Take that up with guest services because that's what I was told when I went there to get my card. The magnet in the medallion can interfere with a pacemaker.

I don't have to take up anything with anyone........

I have 2 family members with pacemakers including my son that sail with the Medallion.

Cleared by the doctor/pacemaker mfg and Princess.

Do you not realize how many passengers onboard any given Princess cruise have a pacemaker type implant?

Please post where this prohibition is listed from Princess or stop making these false claims because you don't want to be tracked and don't want to carry one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

Magnetic fields in magnets in devices and machinery can inhibit pulse generators for ICDs and pacemakers. In ICDs in particular, magnets can activate a switch prohibiting the ICD from delivering vital signals such as lifesaving shocks.

If you have an ICD or pacemaker, avoid close or prolonged contact with magnets or their magnetic fields. Keep magnets at least six inches from where your device is implanted.

Of course, you may not always know if you have come into proximity with machinery that employs a magnet. It’s best to err on the safe side: If you feel any interference, move away from the source, or turn it off if possible.

Avoid magnet therapy that may call for you to wear magnetic bracelets or necklaces near your implantation site. Also avoid magnetic mattress pads or magnetic pillows; both may interfere with your ICD or pacemaker.

I have a pacemaker and have sailed with the medallion with no problem.  I checked with both my cardiologist and medtronics the manufacturer of the Pacemaker and was told by both it was not a issue.  As the Medtronics rep told me that in todays world almost every  device has magnets and today's  pacemaker have to be able to operate in today's world. 

It would be much better to recommend to people that if the have a concern to check with there cardiologist and/or the pacemaker manufacturer.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, franktown said:

I have a pacemaker and have sailed with the medallion with no problem.  I checked with both my cardiologist and medtronics the manufacturer of the Pacemaker and was told by both it was not a issue.  As the Medtronics rep told me that in todays world almost every  device has magnets and today's  pacemaker have to be able to operate in today's world. 

It would be much better to recommend to people that if the have a concern to check with there cardiologist and/or the pacemaker manufacturer.

Exactly. That quote/paragraph is not from Princess. 

10 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Exactly. That quote/paragraph is not from Princess. 

Your so right.  If Princess thought there would be a problem they would post warnings everywhere.  They wouldn't issue medallions to people with pacemakers.  They do not need that liability.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Image result for princess medallion colors

Looks like MissP22 beat me to it.

But, I can also confirm that for our 14 Dec. 2019 sailing on the Sky, the medalions were color coded for Captain's Circle status. In addition, you could get color coded cards for the lanyard cases (in addition to the water/blue shown above). Also, I chose to purchase a clip for my medalion, and you can select your appropriate Captain's Circle color for that, as well. 

19 minutes ago, idahospud said:

Re: Pacemakers...Check out the caution section in the OceanMedallion User Manual you get when you receive your Medallion.

IMG_7092.JPG

The writing under the caution caption says it all......................Keeping the medallion on a lanyard keeps it near your chest for a prolonged period of time. Standing in a packed elevator with People also wearing a medallion multiplies the risk by the number of people you're exposed to. People need to read the information and not believe disclaimers from know it all's on Cruise critic. It pays to be careful with your health so why take an avoidable potential risk. Err on the side of caution,

Edited by cruzsnooze

15 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

The writing under the caution caption says it all......................Keeping the medallion on a lanyard keeps it near your chest for a prolonged period of time. Standing in a packed elevator with People also wearing a medallion multiplies the risk by the number of people you're exposed to. People need to read the information and not believe disclaimers from know it all's on Cruise critic. It pays to be careful with your health so why take an avoidable potential risk. Err on the side of caution,

Sounds like you shouldn't be cruising on any ships that use medallions at all or resort to only using the stairs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Sounds like you shouldn't be cruising on any ships that use medallions at all or resort to only using the stairs. 

It means get an ordinary cruise card and not use the medallion.  That would limit your exposure to when you're near someone wearing one around the neck on a lanyard which is a heck of a lot less then wearing one yourself for 16  or so hours when you're not sleeping.  People never suspected exposure to second hand smoke  was a health hazard but now we know better. Better be safe then sorry.

Edited by cruzsnooze