A morning in fort lauderdale

Motor City

Since we have a later flight(3pm) on disembarkation day, just trying to figure out best way to kill a few hours.

I did see the air boat tour, but we will have our 3 year old in tow, just don't think it would work for us.

What is the latest we can disembark the ship? Do we go to a common area and hang out till last call? Bad idea given the mayhem of disembarkation day?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

MC

2 hours ago, Motor City said:

Since we have a later flight(3pm) on disembarkation day, just trying to figure out best way to kill a few hours.

I did see the air boat tour, but we will have our 3 year old in tow, just don't think it would work for us.

What is the latest we can disembark the ship? Do we go to a common area and hang out till last call? Bad idea given the mayhem of disembarkation day?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

MC

Normally last disembarkation option is 9:30 AM and you can remain in your stateroom until then.

Last week Delta Airlines would not accept luggage with more than four hours till boarding time.

Edited by Crew News
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ger_77 said:

That was my first thought, but then - what do they do with their luggage?

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Taxi to Galleria Mall or similar then DW says "you hate shopping dear, so stay with the luggage while I go shopping" 🤣

Alternative is out to airport and leave bags at 'Bags to Go' then taxi/uber back to shopping area.

2 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Taxi to Galleria Mall or similar then DW says "you hate shopping dear, so stay with the luggage while I go shopping" 

Alternative is out to airport and leave bags at 'Bags to Go' then taxi/uber back to shopping area.

That wouldn't work for us, as DH loves shopping as much as I do!  I didn't realize there was a "Bags to Go" at the airport; good to know!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

17 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

You can pay to have your bags taken to the airport, checked in, and delivered to your destination airport.

https://www.maketraveleasier.com/holland

RocketMan275!

You beat me to it, and this would be a great idea for them. Nice suggestion.

Denise😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

RocketMan275!

You beat me to it, and this would be a great idea for them. Nice suggestion.

Denise😊

It works both ways.  You can check your bags at your home airport too.  The bags can be delivered to your hotel or to your stateroom.  You can even fly in early, check into your hotel, while your bags are stored and then delivered to the ship.   We intend to take one small carry on for our next cruise while we have our big bags sent to the ship.

https://www.maketraveleasier.com/bagsvip

4 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

It works both ways.  You can check your bags at your home airport too.  The bags can be delivered to your hotel or to your stateroom.  You can even fly in early, check into your hotel, while your bags are stored and then delivered to the ship.   We intend to take one small carry on for our next cruise while we have our big bags sent to the ship.

https://www.maketraveleasier.com/bagsvip

Thank you so much!!! This would be perfect for us too👍
Denise😊

• Like 1

I wouldn’t bother with Galleria Mall.  There’s only a few upper end stores. (Unless that’s the kind of place you shop).  In our opinion the only good shopping is the Sawgrass Mills which is not close and won’t work for people unless you have a late flight.  

2 hours ago, Motor City said:

So, the options for killing a few hours are pretty much limited to boat rides?

We have done the jungle queen thing.

No...We went to Ft Lauderdale Beach for a few hours before our flight.