Can you fill the in room fridge yourself

Bigannie

4 cabins in our group on Reflection and we each requested this of our steward upon meeting him. It was performed without questions and with a smile. In addition, the steward (Sedine) offered to bring our bottle of bubbly and place it in the fridge along with 2 flutes. 

19 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

I do it all the time, haven't been turned down yet 🙂

I've asked every time too and never turned down, however one time they simply took it out of the fridge and set it on the counter ...  hmmmm ... thanks I guess??  I didn't bother pursuing and just stuck it somewhere myself.

9 hours ago, Muffinz said:

Yes - seems I am in the minority here

i asked for a beer at the sunset bar to take back to stateroom (unopened) and the bartender said they have to open all drinks as they can’t be taken back to your stateroom..... maybe I’ll try this one on our cruise in April...

Very interesting, I have often thought they might refuse me but they never have and I've done this at all bars and the cafe ... even sunset.  I wonder if you stating that you wanted it for your stateroom triggered the bartender??  not that it should matter.  Maybe don't say where or why you want it for, just ask them not to open.

1 hour ago, poffles said:

I've asked every time too and never turned down, however one time they simply took it out of the fridge and set it on the counter ...  hmmmm ... thanks I guess??  I didn't bother pursuing and just stuck it somewhere myself.

Usually they just shove it under the bed.

1 hour ago, poffles said:

yes, the mini bar items are usually stashed in a bag in the room somewhere...  mainly I use the mini bar with a bucket of ice to keep a bottle of bubbly chilled along with couple of unopened beers   Seems to work fine as long as you keep ice inside.  :)

& I think we've experienced the "phantom" charges if you don't get it emptied on day 1 ;)

21 hours ago, davekathy said:

When we return to the ship from a day of aimlessly wandering around in port we always stop by Cafe Al Bacio and I ask for a unopened bottle of beer and my wife either gets a bottle of water or a glass of wine to take back to our stateroom to drink while sitting on the balcony. 

If you ask for an "unopened" glass of wine, do they give you the whole bottle?  Is this one real trick that bartenders hate?

Just kidding!

17 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

It’s actually kind of annoyed me that when we get a last drink to take back to the cabin the bartender will ask my husband “A double?” whereas I still get a regular pour of wine...😩

Maybe the bartender read the CDC guidelines 😉

Drinking Levels Defined | National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)

According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americansexternal icon,1 moderate alcohol consumption is defined as having up to 1 drink per day for women and up to 2 drinks per day for men.

Edited by varoo

On 1/3/2020 at 2:52 AM, Bigannie said:

Hi, this will be our first  cruise on Celebrity, I believe you can ask our room steward to empty the mini bar in the cabin. Does anyone one know if you can get unopened canned drinks and bottles of beer with your drinks package and store them in fridge? I like the idea of being able to pop out on the balcony with a cool drink without having to go to a bar and back. I would also like bottles of water in  cabin to take  with medication.

We have in the past. We politely ask our cabin steward to remove the items in the fridge so I can put in my stuff.  Never had a problem.