Bringing shampoo

2 minutes ago, Synchronaut said:

Hi,

My DGD is going on the Anthem and is unsure if she can put her full size shampoo in her carryon.  I always use what's in the shower so I didn't know what to tell her.  Thanks very much.

Yes. It doesn't matter if it's in checked or carry on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Synchronaut said:

Hi,

My DGD is going on the Anthem and is unsure if she can put her full size shampoo in her carryon.  I always use what's in the shower so I didn't know what to tell her.  Thanks very much.

If you aren't flying, you can bring the shampoo in the carryon.  If flying, put it in the suitcase.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Synchronaut said:

Hi,

We always bring our own shampoo plus conditioner in our cases or in hand luggage if we stay overnight in a hotel pre Cruise.

• Like 1

I always take my own toiletries.  If flying, they are in my checked.  If not flying, just throw them in my bag and check it at the port.  I check our bags and only take our backpack and my tote on the ship with us.  Don't want to lug suitcases around until we can get into our cabins.  Most of the time, by the time at go down to the cabin at 1, our bags are already there.

• Like 1

No issues on gangway but If you’re flying to the port your carry on liquids will be limited by TSA to a 1 quart bag filled with as many  3.4 ounce liquids, gels and aerosols as you can pack in, but no individual container larger than 3.4 oz.  “Full” sized conditioner will have to fly as checked luggage - or frozen. Solids are OK in carryon. 

• Like 1

The only restrictions on liquids is by AIRLINES....you can pack anything you want into carry-on on a ship.  NO "liquid" restrictions, except for booze.

And just so you know, the water is VERY SOFT...which means a teensy bit of shampoo will lather for DAYS!  You only need about 1/2 (or less) of your normal amount to get a headful of suds!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Btw, place the shampoo, etc into a ziplock bag for safety in case it breaks or leaks.

Definitely, I've found it prudent to put all toiletry products in sealable plastic bags, even things like gel antiperspirants and toothpaste.

• Like 1

They do, but it is in dispensers in the shower.  No more cute bottles anymore.  I use it for my kids and as body wash, but my husband isn't fussy and uses it.  Anyone with long hair or who cares about their hair should bring their own.

20 minutes ago, bcsurvivor2001 said:

As a “side” issue - does the cruiseline provide any toiletries like a hotel does - shampoo/condition/soap?  Asking for hubby - as he usually just uses what’s provided in a hotel..   I personally need/bring my own 😉

Unless you are in a suite, you will get bars of soap and a combo shampoo/conditioner/body wash dispenser in the shower.