In suite drink options

teamflames

Hi all

just booked our 2nd Seabourn cruise on the Encore (sailed the Ovation last year). The online room preferences have drink options for your wet bar, is it my imagination or are thee brands available a considerable downgrade? I remember have Laphroig for example last time but there is nothing even resembling that now?

Hi

I can't see where to select the drink preferences online. Under Preferences, I can only choose my Club benefits. Is it different for Sojourn bookings? There is no 'room preferences' option. Or is it because we have gone for a 'guarantee' rather than a specific suite this time?

Norm it should be the same with choice no matter what if you booked a guarantee or  specific suite. I am not sure why you can't see it in Preferences. We no longer choose drinks as we tend not to drink in our room and I didn't't like wasting  the alcohol if we had only one drink. However, our stewardess always asked us when we boarded. 

I agree with galeforce that the choice is much broader so you can ask onboard...mind you Johny Walker Blue or an equivalent is not going to happen 😁.

5 hours ago, norm2002 said:

Thanks. We are not big drinkers but I just wondered why I cannot see the option in my reservation online. In the past, I never made requests pre-boarding anyway.

It is not under Preferences in the main cruise planner. It's a little confusing and it took me a while to find it. If you click on Travel Planning and then click Guest Registration, it will be part of that.

1 hour ago, lisa6191 said:

It is not under Preferences in the main cruise planner. It's a little confusing and it took me a while to find it. If you click on Travel Planning and then click Guest Registration, it will be part of that.

Not sure if others have experienced the same issue... but while I can select and type in my beverage choices on that page, I have not been able to save the changes.  This has been going on for months and resulted in my having to call or email Seabourn guest services for the request instead of DIY.  I just asked them to contact web/tech support to report the problem.

• Like 2

On our last SB cruise , Kobe to Vancouver, an intinerary of over 21 days, we never even opened the bottles of liquor in our minibar.  As always, we were able to request (through our travel agent ) whatever we wanted (not just the brands listed).  Next time, we probably will not request anything (maybe just a bottle of wine or a bottle of champagne) because we do not tend to drink in our suit.  The upshot is that we have found Seabourn to be very accommodating.  If there is a liquor you want, just ask ahead of time and you will probably be pleasantly surprised.  

On 1/4/2020 at 6:21 AM, galeforce9 said:

Just ask when you get onboard if stocked or type in the blank field for other

I always ignore what is listed and write in the two bottles we want. If not correct when we board, we switch it out with our person. 

• Like 2

Good luck w/ that!!!  I have tried for years - once the head bartender went on shore in the Caribbean, via a tender ride, to procure what I had requested, and got the only 6 pack on the island.  They do now usually have Laginutas (but not the good hoppy ones, like Little Sumpin' Sumpin' - imagine if they had Hop Stupid ?? How great would that be?)  Seriously I don't know why they can't procure Sierra Nevada since I've seen that on at least 4 continents in different bars.

4 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

Good luck w/ that!!!  I have tried for years - once the head bartender went on shore in the Caribbean, via a tender ride, to procure what I had requested, and got the only 6 pack on the island.  They do now usually have Laginutas (but not the good hoppy ones, like Little Sumpin' Sumpin' - imagine if they had Hop Stupid ?? How great would that be?)  Seriously I don't know why they can't procure Sierra Nevada since I've seen that on at least 4 continents in different bars.

Shame! On my only previous sailing we could not even get a list of available beers.

There was one type of ipa last time (I think it was lagunitas) and a nice waiter offered to get some and send them to our cabin. They never arrived, he followed up with us several days later and said he had put the request in but sometimes the crew intercept - haha they must have had the same tastes.

I tried on two separate cruises to get some better beer for my brother-in-law who was sailing with us. He too tends to drink IPAs. I contacted guest relations directly and through my travel agent. I asked for Sierra Nevada or some local beer such as Canadian beer on a Canadian cruise or Icelandic beer or something from Scotland on a Northern Europe cruise. No success.  He and we also had a hard time having anyone tell us what actually was available. On the Northern Europe cruise he asked for an IPA and got the Lagunitas. He probably drank them out of their supply.