Princess alternate pier in Port Everglades

ggprincess2004

We will be embarking the Crown on Feb. 15, and the Sky will also be in port that day.  Hence, I believe that the Sky will be at Pier 2, and the Crown will be berthed at another pier. I know Pier 2 really well, but it has been about 4 years since we have sailed from Ft. Lauderdale out of other than Pier 2. Can someone help me out please? Which pier is Princess likely to use, and I need info about the facilities at that pier. My 87 and 85 year old parents are joining us on this cruise and while they do not need wheelchairs, they also should not use the regular ramps that zigzag and go uphill. Is there a separate ramp for the wheelchair embarkation, and if so, is it accessible from the priority embarkation waiting area (it actually is at pier 2 since the entrance is just outside that lounge area), or do we need to plan to wait in the wheelchair embarkation area? Any help will be appreciated, it is group and I am herding cats. lol.

Hard to guess as it depends what other CCL family ships are in as well.  You can check the Port Everglades ship schedule about a week ahead of your departure and the terminal will be listed.  Sometimes Princess will also have a ship at T4, but Terminal 21 seems to get used a lot for that size.  There is always a way for WC embarkation and perhaps that will work out to be easiest for the short trip?  You can ask the terminal personnel after checking in (up near the exit to the ship) how they are handling that and what the logistics are.  There isn't really anything you can do right now. 

The big sisters always get T2 in case of multiple ships.

• Like 1

Absolutely make advance arrangements for wheelchair assistance. I travel with someone who has mobility issues and I've learned my lesson to plan ahead. You don't want them arriving on the ship too exhausted to enjoy the first day.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 4:59 PM, skynight said:

Pier 21 - from the port everglades website

Scheduled

02/15/2020 07:00

ARR

CROWN PRINCESS

SEA BUOY

Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services, Inc.

Scheduled

02/15/2020 16:00

DEP

CROWN PRINCESS

SEA BUOY

Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services, Inc.

You read my mind.  I was just wondering if we would be @ 4 or 21 on our first turnaround.  We usually do Walgreens after our first leg and get whatever we need.  Do you know how many miles pier 21 is to Walgreens?  

On 1/7/2020 at 6:07 PM, mellon1 said:

You read my mind.  I was just wondering if we would be @ 4 or 21 on our first turnaround.  We usually do Walgreens after our first leg and get whatever we need.  Do you know how many miles pier 21 is to Walgreens?  

You'll probably want to taxi or Uber to Walgreens from 21.  It's at least 2 miles and though walkable, not a terribly convenient or safe walk with all the port traffic. You'll also have to pass through the port security coming back in. 

Ubers are fairly cheap though - $5-7 for a quick one way there.

Hope that helps.

3 hours ago, musicpro442 said:

You'll probably want to taxi or Uber to Walgreens from 21.  It's at least 2 miles and though walkable, not a terribly convenient or safe walk with all the port traffic. You'll also have to pass through the port security coming back in. 

Ubers are fairly cheap though - $5-7 for a quick one way there.

Hope that helps.

thanks for the info...very helpful.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 7:07 PM, mellon1 said:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Port+Everglades+Terminal+21,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL+33316/Walgreens,+Southeast+17th+Street,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL/@26.0919641,-80.1287849,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x88d9000c3d4a2e0b:0x24145bb667014bff!2m2!1d-80.1157267!2d26.086909!1m5!1m1!1s0x88d9006bc86b8259:0xd8605dcd3dfefe7b!2m2!1d-80.1247342!2d26.0999716!3e2