Copenhagen Card

sabrefan

Going on a Viking cruise in May. Looking at getting a Copenhagen Card in the airport and then take the train to Nyhavn area where our hotel is. Thinking of buying the 72 hour card. We will spend two nights in the hotel and the ship does an overnight in Copenhagen as well. If we take the Metro to the hotel does the 72 hours start then with the Copenhagen Card or does it start with the first attraction that we use with the card?

49 minutes ago, sabrefan said:

Going on a Viking cruise in May. Looking at getting a Copenhagen Card in the airport and then take the train to Nyhavn area where our hotel is. Thinking of buying the 72 hour card. We will spend two nights in the hotel and the ship does an overnight in Copenhagen as well. If we take the Metro to the hotel does the 72 hours start then with the Copenhagen Card or does it start with the first attraction that we use with the card?

When you purchase the card at the airport, the time starts then. (They give you an extra half hour or so but that is all.)

• Like 1

Thank you all for the valuable information. Especially the detailed information regarding answers to all the possible questions. I think I will wait to purchase my card after I get to Copenhagen not knowing how energetic I will be feeling after a long flight from Toronto to Copenhagen.

On our last trip, I downloaded the app before leaving home and just purchased and then activated the Card when needed (in my case, as soon as I needed to hop on public transportation). I did need to have Wifi or a data plan to do the purchase and activation, but then I didn't need to connect again to use the card (and we did purchase multiple cards on one device, just swiping through them at the ticket office).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 7:16 AM, trosebery said:

On our last trip, I downloaded the app before leaving home and just purchased and then activated the Card when needed (in my case, as soon as I needed to hop on public transportation). I did need to have Wifi or a data plan to do the purchase and activation, but then I didn't need to connect again to use the card (and we did purchase multiple cards on one device, just swiping through them at the ticket office).

So just to clarify, we are having half day in Copenhagen, then activating ours for the next 3 days, then back to no card for the last half day. If we are at the hotel where there is Wi-Fi, we can activate the card on our phone via hotel Wi-Fi and then we are good to go for the 3 days? 

Yes, you should be able to activate on Wifi. And the cards measure by 24 hour periods, so a card activated at noon one day should be valid until noon the next day. Or at least that it is how it was. You may want to double-check that that is still how it works 

• Like 1