Cancel port of calls?

Okay, so my family will be traveling on the Carnival Magic on Feb 1st. Now we find out one of our ports Puerto Rico was struck by a 6.4 earthquake. I'm trying and searching all over to see if we will now have a different port of call. If anyone knows any info on what Carnivals plans are to still go there or find a different port of call? 

It is probably way too early for Carnival to make a decision.  PR has now had 2 large quakes in a day.  Most-  if not all of the island- is without power.  I would not be surprised if they replaced PR with Jamaica, or possibly Dominican Republic.  You may not even find out until you board.  We have been handed letters with an unexpected  "change of itinerary" a few times now.

This is on there:

PUERTO RICO STATEMENT - 11:30 AM

We are closely monitoring the situation in Puerto Rico following the earthquakes that were reported and are in touch with local authorities and the US Coast Guard. The US Coast Guard issued a news release late this morning confirming that all ports in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands are open for business.

There are no changes to our itineraries that call at San Juan or to sailings of our San Juan-based ship, Carnival Fascination. The epicenter and most damage are on the south side of the island, away from where our ships call and our guests visit. Carnival Conquest will make today’s call in San Juan and power is being restored after the grid was taken down in an abundance of caution.

Our thoughts remain with those affected by the earthquake.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

This is on there:

PUERTO RICO STATEMENT - 11:30 AM

We are closely monitoring the situation in Puerto Rico following the earthquakes that were reported and are in touch with local authorities and the US Coast Guard. The US Coast Guard issued a news release late this morning confirming that all ports in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands are open for business.

There are no changes to our itineraries that call at San Juan or to sailings of our San Juan-based ship, Carnival Fascination. The epicenter and most damage are on the south side of the island, away from where our ships call and our guests visit. Carnival Conquest will make today’s call in San Juan and power is being restored after the grid was taken down in an abundance of caution.

Our thoughts remain with those affected by the earthquake.

Thanks

I found it, thank you. So it seems like carnival is still going there today and will continue to go at its port of call. 

17 minutes ago, pe4all said:

It is probably way too early for Carnival to make a decision.  PR has now had 2 large quakes in a day.  Most-  if not all of the island- is without power.  I would not be surprised if they replaced PR with Jamaica, or possibly Dominican Republic.  You may not even find out until you board.  We have been handed letters with an unexpected  "change of itinerary" a few times now.

No they still have the port open from the blog I read from John online. 

3 hours ago, cruise cutie7519 said:

No they still have the port open from the blog I read from John online. 

Excellent.  Between the last hurricane and now earthquakes, Puerto Rico needs all the tourism money they can get.  There was still noticable hurricane damage when we ported there last year.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pe4all said:

Excellent.  Between the last hurricane and now earthquakes, Puerto Rico needs all the tourism money they can get.  There was still noticable hurricane damage when we ported there last year.  

Agreed. Hoping for good things for them. Puerto Rico is awesome!

• Like 1

"A 6.4-magnitude earthquake rumbled across Puerto Rico on Tuesday, killing at least one person and knocking out power to virtually the entire island of more than 3 million.

For full story, read here:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2020/01/07/puerto-rico-earthquake-what-tourists-need-know/2831377001/

We were there yesterday on the current Carnival Magic sailing.

Most places were open in old San Juan and the Condado areas, although the road between the 2 larger forts was closed due to an older building that had collapsed.  Also, many of the shop owners mentioned they did not have power the day before.  (I believe the power grid was purposely shut down temporarily for safety reasons).