Constellation Blu Cabin, freaking out 9105

RNCheryl

7 hours ago, royalcruz said:

I was in an Aqua room that was under the forward corner of the solarium or aft corner of the spa on the starboard side. It had a huge balcony and was quiet. Sorry, I don't have the ability to find the room number right now, but if you check the deck plans you will see it based on my description.

You are probably referring to 9038.  That stateroom along with a few next to it are all taken.  

The OP should have sufficient information from all the great suggestions above to make an intelligent decision.  🍷

5 hours ago, Wine-O said:

You are probably referring to 9038.  That stateroom along with a few next to it are all taken.  

The OP should have sufficient information from all the great suggestions above to make an intelligent decision.  🍷

Yes, it was 9038. 9043 is the sister cabin on the port side. It's an A2, and I was lucky enough to get it on Millie during a great price drop in Alaska. I really wanted a port side room, because we were going south, but the big balcony  was too good to pass up...it turned out that there was land on BOTH sides during most of the cruise, not just the inside passage, so it was fabulous!

Email sent to TA, requesting reply to the following:

How much to upgrade to A1, and what effect to our current perks

If that doesn't work (prices have risen), how about changing to 9110

How about a suite with Luminae, how much$$$ extra,

Awaiting answer.

We got a great rate for this cruise, booked when first offered.  Will have some wiggle room if the price is right.

Again, thanks for all your recommendations, and will let you know the outcome.

13 minutes ago, RNCheryl said:

Email sent to TA, requesting reply to the following:

How much to upgrade to A1, and what effect to our current perks

If that doesn't work (prices have risen), how about changing to 9110

How about a suite with Luminae, how much$$$ extra,

Awaiting answer.

We got a great rate for this cruise, booked when first offered.  Will have some wiggle room if the price is right.

Again, thanks for all your recommendations, and will let you know the outcome.

Is there a reason that you didn't call the TA? If it were that's what I would be doing instead of waiting for the TA to read the email.

Did you also confirm that you aren't a Captain's Club member?  If not, that will help for your next cruise.

9110 doesn't look bad.  That looks like it would be under the front corner of the Oceanview or maybe the restrooms.   A suite looks like at least $3k more expensive.

Good Luck

I have stayed a few room down the hall from you. 9145. We loved the overhang of the balcony because we could sit out there in a rain storm and not get wet. Also provided some shade from hot Caribbean sun. Didn't notice any noise from above and we were worried as this was a guarantee style room. We love it .

OP here:

Changed to cabin 9112.  No loss of perks or OBC.  Upgrading to A1 would have been an extra $400pp.  

Will be sure to have my White Noise machine, and hope for the best.

TA told me she was on the phone to X for 30+ minutes twice to make this simple switch.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RNCheryl said:

OP here:

Changed to cabin 9112.  No loss of perks or OBC.  Upgrading to A1 would have been an extra $400pp.  

Will be sure to have my White Noise machine, and hope for the best.

TA told me she was on the phone to X for 30+ minutes twice to make this simple switch.

Thanks again.

So to be clear, are you a member of the Captain's Club?

We have been in A2's on all the M- class ships other than the summit.....our favorite A2's are 9108/10 and the comparable cabins on the other side.  The floor above is carpeted....so no noise.  We now only book Aqua when we can get one of the 3 1138/40/41 on Deck 11....instead, we just book concierge (c2) instead...because it's the same larger cabin as the Aqua cabins.  In our opinion, Blu is just not worth what Celebrity asks for the upgrade to aqua.......the MDR, which had dropped in quality, is now pretty good again.  Our wait for tables is often less in select dining than what we've experienced in Blu and we never have a problem getting a table for 2 when we want (note: we make reservations for all nights in select dining...which you can't do in Blu).  

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 2:35 PM, ipeeinthepool said:

Aqua class was developed to sell poor cabin locations at a premium.  Blu is very nice but you usually need to accept one of these cabin with potential problems.  It was interesting to look at the available/sold cabins for your sailing on 11/21/20.  Almost all of the A2 cabins are available with the exception of the A2 cabins under the Solarium.  Those A2 cabins have the least possibility for noise.  The veteran Aqua class cruisers beat you to those cabins. 

newbie to summit here

very interested in your comment about aqua cabins under the solarium being the least possibility for noise. june 6 summit has  open 1139 (is there no noise from public deck 12?), also the below cabins with many below solarium i assumed if they were last to go that they are least desirable.  but most of the rest on that deck are sold . implying they are better. so i'm confused

3 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

newbie to summit here

very interested in your comment about aqua cabins under the solarium being the least possibility for noise. june 6 summit has  open 1139 (is there no noise from public deck 12?), also the below cabins with many below solarium i assumed if they were last to go that they are least desirable.  but most of the rest on that deck are sold . implying they are better. so i'm confused

At the moment that I responded to the OP all of the cabins under the Solarium were sold and most other cabins were available.  To me, I think the Solarium would be less likely to generate noise than the general pool deck area.  Since I responded to the OP, some of these rooms became available.  Perhaps a group grabbed all of the rooms and then released those rooms.   To me that seems like a veteran selection.  Perhaps others have more detailed knowledge and can suggest carpeted areas that may attenuate some noise.  I would still take rooms under the Solarium as my first choice in A2.  Perhaps groups held and then released rooms on your cruise.  My best advice to you is just to look at the area above your potential cabin and make your own determination about noise.  I would still probably take the A1 cabins if the price difference was reasonable or if the upgrade was free for Captain's Club members.

1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

We had a stateroom under the solarium, 9043, and there was the T-pool pump room across the haul from our cabin door.  The only noise I heard was a sporadic towel cart rolling across the floor above.  🍷

nice big balcony im assuming is why you took the risk of the room

37 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

nice big balcony im assuming is why you took the risk of the room

Actually, we fell into it by mistake.  We booked a last minute cruise to Bermuda, and the guy who had it upgraded to a suite, and it happened to be available when we booked.  It was a C2 at the time before they Solsticized and added AQ and Blu.  🍷